• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Offence is the best Defence (OU RMT)

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
  • Introduction
    Sup PokeCommunity. This is a new team I created today but has already been extensiveley tested. It seems to work well and there isnt a single pokemon that causes to much trouble, although if DDGyara gets more than 1 or 2 DDs up, im in trouble unless it's under about 25% health. As for the type of team it is, I guess you could call it 'Heavy Offense'.
    Team Building Process

Alright, after looking at a few RMTs over on Smogon, I really liked the look of the standard LeadApe. Not only could he prevent the set-up of Stealth Rock, but could set them up himself. He also seemed to fit the offensive nature of the team.

Next, I wanted a pokemon that could tear through walls, or at least weaken them enough for my priority user (whom you will see later) and fater sweepers to finish them off. Salamence instantly came to mind, being able to run an effective mixed set and function as a last line of defence with Intimidate against things like DDGyara.​

Now, I wanted a Special attacker to combat the Physical Walls that switch into Mence thinking he is a DD version, but can still effectively damage him. I also planned to use this Attacker as a Revenge killer, since my priority user wouldnt have enough power to Revenge kill the bulkier threats that resist Normal attacks, such as Metagross. Gengar, sporting both good speed and special attack, as well as a diverse movepool, seemed like a good option.

At this point, I felt I needed a fast, purely physical attacker. This attacker also needed to have resistances to Ice and Dragon, as so far none of my team enjoyed a powerful Dragon/Ice attack. ScarfRachi seemed like it would work, sporting resistances to these two types and serving as an effective Gyara check with ThunderPunch.​

This is when I started thinking about my priority user. If anybody here doesnt know, priority users are an integral part of a team like this, as they can allow easy Revenge kills on counters to the bigger sweepers of the team. Obviously, Extremespeed is the most powerful priority attack, so I looked for a good user of that. Lucario was a good choice, being able to make good use of Extremespeed off of his respectable base 110 attack. He also had access to a good STAB type move in Close Combat. I decided to mix the SD set with the Specs set to create a MixCario that could make use of Extremespeed, and hits the Ghosts that were immune to it.

When I was deciding my last pokemon, I looked over my team and saw that the only pokemon in the entire team that could take water and fire attacks was Salamence, and with Stealth Rock he wouldnt be able to take to many of them. Also, my team lacked bulk in general. To remedy this, I looked for a decent defesive pokemon that could also dish out some damage if needed. ResTalk Swampert seemed like the best choice, with its natural bulk and resistance to Fire. It also has Earthquake to check Magnezone, another pokemon that can give my team problems.
    A Closer Look
    The Lead

Infernape @Focus Sash
    EVs:64 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 192 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    Fake Out
    Stealth Rock
    Description: Infernape here serves as an Anti-Lead, KOing alot of the bulkier, slower leads before they can throw up their Rocks, while still laying up his own.The only leads I have trouble with are the ones with Inner Focus (E.g, Dragonite, Crobat). Things like Swampert are 2HKO'd by Close Combat. Occa Berry Metagross gets flinched by Fake Out then KO'd by Close Combat + Fire Blast (this is troublesome). With Focus Sash, I am almost guarenteed to get my Rocks up.
    EVs: Infernape needs only small investment in Atk as most leads get maimed by Fire Blast. Max Sp.Atk to give the aforementioned Fire Blast more power. Even without max speed, Infernape still outspeeds the other leads I actually need to such as Swampert and Mamoswine.
    Moveset:Stealth Rock is vital for an offensive team like this. Fake Out breaks Sashes so I can then KO the opponent with Fire Blast or Close Combat.
    The Wall Breakers

Salamence @Life Orb
    EVs: 80 Atk, 216 Sp.Atk, 214 Spe
    Naive Nature
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Description: A slight variation on the Standard MixMence, using less attack and more speed with a +Spe nature. I felt the extra speed was needed over the Atk because I only use 1 physical attack. With the EVs and Nature, Salamence hits 317 Speed, compared to the standard MixMence which hits 288. This lets me outspeed other MixMence (or atleast the ones that have the guts to stay in and face the supposed speed tie) and OHKO them with Draco Meteor.
    EVs: As previously mentioned, I use more speed to outspeed other MixMence. Even without the +Sp.Atk Nature, this Salamence sits at a respectable 310 Sp.Atk. 80 EVs in Attack bring him to 326 Atk, letting him put more of a dent in grounded Steel types with Earthquake (Note: This is mostly Heatran, since Fire Blast cant touch the thing nor can Draco Meteor).
    Moves: Fire Blast and Draco Meteor offer superb coverage when used in conjunction. Earthquake rounds out the coverage by hitting the Steels that resist this combonation (Empoleon and Heatran, as well as Heatproof Bronzong, although that is ALOT less common). Roost is used to heal Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage, and is pretty easy to use considering how many switches Salamence causes.

Lucario @Life Orb
    EVs: 168 Atk, 252 Spe, 90 Sp.Atk
    Hasty Nature
    Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Punch
    Description: This is my own creation, MixCario. Its whole purpose in life is to batter weakened foes with Extremespeed. Now, I know this set looks terrible on paper, but it actually works. I switch in once one of my other team members goes down, then pummel the foe with Extremespeed. Once the foe see's that I lack Crunch, they will probably switch in a Bulky Ghost type like Rotom-H. Since these are normally physically bulky, they get hit hard by Shadow Ball. Sounds situational, but it works.
    EVs: Although the speed EVs may seem unnecessary on a priority user, they are vital if im going to get anywhere using Lucario as a battering ram to weaken the opponents team. Only a small investment in Sp.Atk is needed, dude to Lucario's decent base 115 Sp.Atk and Shadow Ball's decent 80 base power. The rest is dumped into Atk to power up all my other moves.
    Moves: Extremespeed and Shadow Ball are the entire premise for this set. If I find that my opponents team is actually Lucario weak in general, I can use Close Combat to weaken the opposing team for one of my other Sweepers. Ice Punch rounds out this set by hitting Gliscor, who otherwise walls this set.
    The Bulk

Swampert @Leftovers
    EVs: 240 Hp, 60 Atk, 210 Def
    Impish Nature
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Description: ResTalk Swampert brings a welcome Fire Resist to the team as well as some general Bulk. Without Swampert, Scarf Magnezone with HP Fire demolishes my entire team, unless I can get Jirachi in for free and Fire Punch it (FALCON PUNCH).
    CONSIDERING REPLACING SWAMPERT. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE TELL ME ASAP.
    EVs: 240 Hp and 210 Def lets Swampert take physical hits like a champ.The rest is dumped into attack to give Swampert's attacks more power.
    Moves: Rest and Sleep Talk are the base of this set, and create a monstrous wall that can also do some damage if needed. Earthquake gets STAB and offers great coverage alongside Stone Edge.
    The Late Game Clean-up

Gengar @Life Orb
    EVs: 6 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    Shadow Ball
    Explosion
    Focus Blast
    ThunderBolt
    Description: Here is my first pure attacker, Gengar. Sporting good speed and Sp.Atk, Gengar was one of my first choices when I made this team. I considered Jolteon here also, but since I had 2 Steel types I felt the Ground and Fighting immunity would help more. Plus, Gengar also gets T-Bolt and Shadow Ball, the 2 moves you would normally expect most Jolteon to have, but can actually make use of Shadow Ball. However, If I do end up replacing Swampert, Jolteon may have to go here as nothing on my team other than Swampert can take a good Electric hit.
    EVs: Standard Sweeper EVs here. Max Speed and Sp.Atk for hitting hard and hitting fast. The Atk EVs are mainly filler, but help to increase the power of Explosion. A Naive Nature was chosen as it increases Speed just as Timid would, but doesnt decrease Explosion's damage output.
    Moves: Shadow Ball is my STAB of choice, and gets impeccable coverage with Focus Blast. ThunderBolt hits the Specially Bulky Water types that try to sponge Shadow Ball. Explosion rounds out the set by hitting the Special Walls like Blissey who Gengar cant touch otherwise.

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
    EVs: 80 Hp, 252 Atk, 176 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    Iron Head
    Fire Punch
    ThunderPunch
    Zen Headbutt
    Description My second pure Attacker, Jirachi. Jirachi is my first and only Choice Item user, and for good reason. If any of my other pokemon had Choice Items, their wall breaking ability would be hindered severely. Anyway, Jirachi make for a fast, powerful Physical Attacker to go alongside Gengar. He can also be used as a Revenge Killer should Lucario be down.
    EVs: With a Scarf and the given EVs, Jirachi hits 420 Speed, outspeeding 220 Spe Gyara with a Positive Nature after 1 DD, or Max Speed Neutral Nature Gyara after 1 DD. If Jirachi switches in on the DD, he will likely outspeed and OHKO Gyara with T-Punch.
    Moves: Iron Head and Zen Headbutt are my dual STABs. Fire Punch hits the Steels that resist both of these. ThunderPunch is mainly for Gyara, but lands a solid hit on Dragon/Flying types like Nite and Mence.
    Last Look
    *Credit for Small Images goes to pokemonelite2000, credit for Images above each set goes to Arkeis.com*

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I could have sworn I saw this exact team on Smogon....P.S. We aren't Serebii.

Well, to appease D_A, I would suggest dropping either iron head or zen headbutt, your call, and I would put in ice punch for more damage on Mence/Nite (mostly mence). Everything else looks good....but I swear I saw it on Smogon....maybe I'm just crazy.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Umm, so what he forgot to edit it out ?

It isnt your job to spam up his thread so dont, its your job to rate the thing so do that instead of going for PC+1.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • This team really hates LO Jolteon, really all you can do to stop it is hopefully flinchhax it to death with Jirachi before it kills you with Thunderbolt. Swampert dies to HP Grass, so it isn't necessarily a good answer to Jolt. SpecsJolt is easier to deal with since Swampert can force it out after it T-Bolts somebody on your team to death but it can still be a pain.

I'll come back if I spot anything else.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I would consider Magnezone in the team, as it traps Scizor who can easily put Gengar in a mind game of using Pursuit or Bullet Punch. It also helps keep Steel-types out of the way for Salamence.

I'll come back for a larger rate hopefully.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Use 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe on your ScarfRachi, this way you can at least tie with +1 Naive DDMence and also beat other scarfed base 100's who run 176 Spe EV's. I'd also consider Ice Punch or Trick > Zen Headbutt as the former lets you to revenge Dragon-types and the later allows you to trick your Scarf onto a wall and make life easier for your sweepers.

That MixMence spread is horrible, change it to the standard 14 Atk / 240 SpAtk / 252 Spe, most MixMence run that now. Also go Brick Break > Earthquake so you can hurt Blissey, Ttar.

Personally I think you should consider switching MixCario to SDLucario, Shadow Ball is barely stronger then a LO 252 SpAtk Crunch(both do 60% roughly with Shadow Ball slightly stronger) it'd be much better to run SD w/ Adamant 252 Atk. You've already got yourself a mixed sweeper and SDLuke beats most physical walls through sheer force anyways.

LO Jolteon seems to give you some problems as mentioned above and so does LO Starmie can give you some problems so you might want to watch out for that though you can wear they both out and Jirachi does like 45-50% to most Jolteon from my experience or just take it out with priority.

tl:dr
    - Switch Jirachi over to 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe and consider Trick or Ice Punch.
    - Give MixMence the standard spread and standard moveset.
    - Consider SDLuke > MixLuke

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back