• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Official] Battle Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • DeeJay, I merged your Battle Tower Team question here seeing as this is the [Official] Battle Frontier thread.

Surprisingly enough, I have yet to really give the Johto Battle Frontier a go. Even though it's the same as that of DPPt's, I really haven't entered it much, I could say the least for the Battle Tower since I don't actually have a team to use. I will say though, you're going to have to use strategy to defeat Palmer as his Pokémon only get tougher the second time.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • im making a BT team, suggestions and help needed :) :
    (is this the place to post this)

Spiritomb @ Choice Scarf
    Pressure. [Nature here]
    Trick
    Grudge
    Dark Pulse
    Shadow Ball

Trick to give opponent choice item, then grudge and faint so the opponent
    has no pp and has to struggle. Then my next Pokemon will take the stage.

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Technician. Adamant.
    Agility
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Aerial Ace/Swords Dance

well, while the opponent struggle,
    speed up using agility and swords dance (if you have it),
    until your necessary, then go on a killing spree,
    leftovers restoring any damage struggle did.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
    Pressure. Adamant
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Crunch/Dragon Claw
    Iron Head

in case scizor dies, aerodactyl comes in for a quick kill.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • @Hiiro: Sorry I started the whole separate thread. Wasn't sure if I should or shouldn't post in this one!

I am also thinking of training up a Spiritomb. A ghost-type with Curse is always one of my favorite moves...Has anyone had good luck with moves that badly poison opponents? I've noticed sleep-inducing moves work pretty well...

Unknown Trainer

The one and only! =)
    Years
  • So far I've beaten all of the facilities =) So I have all of the Silver ones.

Battle Arcade seems the easiest to me and i almost challenged the Brain again but I lost like around my 4th match. As for the rest well the Battle Tower is the most annoying. Battle Factory is okay and interesting. The one I find the hardest is the Battle Hall since you only stick with one type and have to beat all the rest. Battle Castle i just simply love it! XD

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • I really, REALLY hope that if the Frontier exists in Black & White, they find a better way to save. Part of what makes the Tower and Hall such grinds is the excessive saving...
    Oh, and BP need to be a bit easier to acquire!

Years
  • after your 49 battle in the hall you will face the brain.... as for me ive got silver in everything but the hall and castle(i battled the castle brain 3 times alreadly, when i would adjust my team to beat him each of his pokemon saved the day for him once,its like the A.I. knows who to bring out first and last to beat me...I HATE IT!!!!)

Wow, that sucks. My Ampharos got to 43 before a lovely Shedinja popped up.
    In other news, got a Silver in the Tower (at last).

Team Sweeper

BEYOND GODLIKE
    Years
  • I havent reached the tower tycoon yet the closest i ever got was 20 battles -_-.

But i got to the others alright.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I kind it more fun then most of Kanto (Expect Pal Park and Trainer Tower for 1 more BP) :)

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Sorry to ask, but how do you know if you have gold or silver in the battle frontier/hall or w/e? i need to be informed about this hehe.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    Sorry to ask, but how do you know if you have gold or silver in the battle frontier/hall or w/e? i need to be informed about this hehe.
    To see if you have the symbol or sticker or whatever check the vs recorder in the key items. Should be under frontier record or something like that.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Oh ok, yea I just beat the guy at the frontier, and i got a throphy for it. But for the rest of the BF, for example the one in north west, the hall, do I have to battle 49 battles and win consecutively? or can i battle 70 times (example) and win 49 of them and then battle the last guy there? Hope i made myself clear :S

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Needs to be in a row I believe, and for every facility. (As it resets in terms of easiness whenever you lose).

Also ask questions in the Help thread next time please when you have a question. =p

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This ain't a question or anything, I just felt like saying it, so...

Who else thinks the Battle Hall is the best new facility?

I personally loved all the originals, particularly the "SET KO TOURNEY!" one, and the Battle Dome, and this was the only one that surpassed my low expectations. And boy did it surpass them. It may look simple, but it's really not that easy. But if you play it right you get on ok.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • I love playing the Battle Frontier on HG. Though to be honest the battle tower has pissed me off really bad at times. So much Hax and BS, when you need critical hits you don't get them or miss entirely then your opponent gets all crits and especially when I always meet Focus Sash/Choice Banders >_>

I just got the Silver Print for Battle Arcade, gonna do Battle Factory then go back to Tower to get that damn gold print.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I love playing the Battle Frontier on HG. Though to be honest the battle tower has pissed me off really bad at times. So much Hax and BS, when you need critical hits you don't get them or miss entirely then your opponent gets all crits and especially when I always meet Focus Sash/Choice Banders >_>

I just got the Silver Print for Battle Arcade, gonna do Battle Factory then go back to Tower to get that damn gold print.
    I agree.

BF could be more fun if it wasn't full of official cheat...

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Am I the only one who is amused by the character archetypes for the challengers?

I am the main character, therefore I cannot lose.
    And

I was up all night making a team with my Net buddies!
    I find it hilarious.

Slymo123

The Player of with Fire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I got to Argenta with my Infernape that I traded from Platinum and lost to an Ampharos. It used Thunder and got a critical hit.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • I was in a row in battle tower and suddenly, a shedinja comes out and steal my victories T_T

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back