• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Some people just HAVE to ruin everything for everyone else.
    It happened with the rep system and I can see it happening with this since some people are complaining.

Just chill the hell out and please, for the love of God, just let it be and enjoy it for what it is; a bit of fun.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
    Can I please have the PC Veteran Emblem? I joined three years ago today.

Fun fact: PC was my first ever forum, let alone a Pokemon forum.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Can I please have the PC Veteran Emblem? I joined three years ago today.

Fun fact: PC was my first ever forum, let alone a Pokemon forum.
    Hey, PC was my first forum too! /celebrates.

Congratulations for sticking around; you can now be considered a "PC Oldie." Just kidding. XD;

...but, here's to hoping you stick around for many more years to come. :)

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Just want to pop in and say that complaints like these are just a good reason to take away the emblem system. With staff biased on giving them away, members constantly pleading for them, etc. it's a fault of both staff and other members and if we keep up with this recent approach we've had towards them, then we might as well not have them.

Just for the record I was replying to Mikami and explaining why people would want emblems. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Frankly, and I speak for most of the staff, we sometimes do actually forget about the emblems system. That said, we don't go stalking members every time to see if they deserve an emblem. If emblems were handed out left and right everyday, then a majority of those active on PC would have them, and it just wouldn't be as unique. From time to time staff will remember if they see a member and say, "Oh hey, they sure are/do ____ a lot" and they'll award it. But you can't expect us to do it all the time when there are other important things to handle which take priority.

I actually think we should have more of a range of emblems to give out actually. I see members, I notice what they do and then realise... there isn't an emblem for it. We could go for the obvious ones, but yeah. I'll go stalking people I see to find out if they fit the criteria etc (though lately I have given out a loooot lol).

Just want to pop in and say that complaints like these are just a good reason to take away the emblem system. With staff biased on giving them away, members constantly pleading for them, etc. it's a fault of both staff and other members and if we keep up with this recent approach we've had towards them, then we might as well not have them.

And I'll be trying my hardest to give emblems to everyone that deserves them to make sure that doesn't happen.~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Since I tend to hang around NU/W, I see the rare gems gleaming amongst the rest of the granite once in awhile and think "Wow. This person needs to be told how awesome they are somehow." I generally end up talking to the ones I am really impressed by *coughErufuuncoughMiss Doronjocough*, but I just think they should have something extra-special. :3

Yeah dragging this back up as a suggestion since it got kinda lost in the debate I think and we seem to be discussing them now. ^^; Some sort of Outstanding Newbie Emblem. (OMG it can be abbreviated as ONE /didn't notice)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Actually, it's not hard to have new emblems added at all. As long as they have a purpose and reasonable meaning to have them, then it will easily get passed. I myself have been working on a new emblem my mouth is sealed, but the only thing keeping me back is finding a good image to use. Though, I admit I probably haven't tried my best in search of one, but it'll get done. ):

I guess you can say staff should take more notice of emblems and hand them out more since they aren't given out a whole lot, except in times of events, but again there are other priorities we have that sway our attention elsewhere at times.

New emblems would be nice too, and I'm sure if staff members put their heads together we can think up a lot of new ones. Hmmm... So, we'll see how far that goes. Until then, for those who do, don't take emblems as a serious factor. It's for the fun of the members and staff. I recently just gave an emblem to someone and I'm sure they didn't expect it. When the time comes around, and staff remember, we do hand out emblems.

I mean how else do people get them, yes? Just looking at the Emblem List in the Mod CP, there are a lot of members with emblems.

Oh! And to those who would like to see more emblems. If you guys have ideas (reasonable ideas), then PM them to a staff member who can bring it to the attention of the other staff members to consider making it into an actual emblem. I personally wouldn't mind seeing what members can think up.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Oh! And to those who would like to see more emblems. If you guys have ideas (reasonable ideas), then PM them to a staff member who can bring it to the attention of the other staff members to consider making it into an actual emblem. I personally wouldn't mind seeing what members can think up.
    I agree. ~30 staff can't have all the great ideas. I'm sure members have rather brilliant (and some duds of course) ideas. It's more about not expecting 100% approval though, guys. :P

PS. 2 emblems during an absence? How does THAT work? Haha. (it actually sent me emails about it, so kudos for the stealth prods)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I have a question about the i Drew you a heart. emblem. Did Drew make it? xD
    I'm pretty sure she did. XD; But yeah, I'm here to ask a question so...

Is there actually any emblem for participating in the 'Ultimate Graphic Maker' contest, which took place during the get together this year, in existence?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yup, the participant emblem exists, but doesn't appear to be given out to many (according to the emblem list). You might wanna ask Gav to give you it, since he has proof of all the participants, etc.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Oh and was there an emblem that was supposed to be given to all participants of that quiz thingy majingy that Hiiro made called "Run Suicune, Run!" ?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You should, but you just won't get the PM notification. There's a box we check if we want to send a PM to notify you, and I reckon if something pops up about the user having a full inbox, we could just uncheck it. But you still get the emblem either way.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Oh and was there an emblem that was supposed to be given to all participants of that quiz thingy majingy that Hiiro made called "Run Suicune, Run!" ?
    Haha, being honest, I actually haven't even made the emblems yet. n_n;

I'll have them done by the end of the day though, and hopefully have an admin upload it to the Mod CP so I can hand them out over the weekend to all those who participated.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Is there actually any emblem for participating in the 'Ultimate Graphic Maker' contest, which took place during the get together this year, in existence?

Just here to clarify that there is one, it's just been on my list of things to do, however, I'm going to obtain the list now and hand out the emblems. I have a little more free time now and I don't mind doing this so much. At any rate, you should all have them within the next few hours, so long as I find the thread and obtain a list of entrants.

Edit: It's been handed out, anyone who feels they entered but did not get it, just post here or PM me and I'll double check and give it to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    I've noticed people(mostly staff) have received emblems because they hosted an event for the Get Together 2010. Not to be selfish but why haven't I received an emblem for hosting an event? o:

The Pixelpusher to be exact.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...Jake kinda skipped you since your event in the full events list was listed in the not 100% going ahead events or whatever, and at that point you didn't have a staff supervisor.

But yeah I know it went ahead, so given out~

Anyone else listed at the bottom of the events list probs didn't get theirs either except TCG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back