• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official English Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Maybe Hamber? Ham + Ember?
    Haha, that's one of the best ones yet. It almost sounds like Hamburger.

Names like Conseeded are most likely not going to be used. That is not a name, that's a pun. It could potentially confuse people when the name is said in a conversation.

I found this on 4Chan, most likely fake but really cool names at the least!:
    Official English Name Discussion

I fixed the pic for you.

I like Serplant (Almost as much as Smugleaf), Aquotter, and Shoalgun. Swamurai isn't that bad, but they can do better.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Haha, that's one of the best ones yet. It almost sounds like Hamburger.

Names like Conseeded are most likely not going to be used. That is not a name, that's a pun. It could potentially confuse people when the name is said in a conversation.

I fixed the pic for you.

I like Serplant (Almost as much as Smugleaf), Aquotter, and Shoalgun. Swamurai isn't that bad, but they can do better.
    Shoalgun does reference the Shogun (Samurai) of Japan but I think it might be fake too.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I swear, if they don't hurry up and show it already, someone's gonna pay.

But maybe the server crashed or something with everyone checking the site for the news that they can't update it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years

I see... well whoever guessed Pignite... was probably right.

I think they are the English names of the Pokémon... they probably got that screenshot from a ROM image at The Pokémon Company International or something.

And whoever guessed Boarbeque probably was right also.

Years

I see... well whoever guessed Pignite... was probably right.

I think they are the English names of the Pokémon... they probably got that screenshot from a ROM image at The Pokémon Company International or something.

And whoever guessed Boarbeque probably was right also.
    The odd thing is that they used Boarbeque a fan name...

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    This is fake, sad to say.

If you scroll up, you can see this was found on 4chan, knowing for making fake stuff like this.

And there aren't usually English Pokemon Leaks, just Japanese.

Years
    This is fake, sad to say.

If you scroll up, you can see this was found on 4chan, knowing for making fake stuff like this.

And there aren't usually English Pokemon Leaks, just Japanese.
    No one ever assumed it was real, Mew~ posted that so we could discuss the names found in that pic. I don't think it's coincidence that there's 69 Pokemon caught.

EDIT: I just noticed that someone did think it was real. :P

Years
    I was looking at Pokemon.com and noticed that they only show the basic stages of the starters, so it's possible we might only get the basic stage names and not the final stage names.

Platinum Lucario

Years
    The odd thing is that they used Boarbeque a fan name...

If it really is true, then I guess they probably came up with the name in the same way as the PC user who made up the name did. They would have never checked PokéCommunity... otherwise they'd notice the stuff that would be used to edit their ROMs.

Years
    If it really is true, then I guess they probably came up with the name in the same way as the PC user who made up the name did. They would have never checked PokéCommunity... otherwise they'd notice the stuff that would be used to edit their ROMs.
    No I think a fan saw the name and made that fake pic of the starters name is where I was trying to get at.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Someone mentioned the name Ottide a while back for Mijumaru, I actually really like that name. It rolls off the tongue nicely.

I don't think Tsutarja will have a royal sounding name....it probably won't get a royalty name until it's final form.

As for Pokabu I'm not sure at all....there are many very obvious names they could give it.....so I'm interested to see what they come up with.

edit: I thought that picture was fake the second I saw it, Luchaboar gave it away.....I mean really? -_-

It's not just Boarbeque that's a fan name there, Pignite and Serplant are ones I've seen too fairly often.

Years
    The grass starters have some of the most obvious names, the grass starters name is always a mix of the animal it is (except for chikorita which kept it's Japanese name) and a part of a plant or a plant itself (like Bulb + Dinosaur = Bulbasaur, Tree + geeko = Treeco, Twig + Turtle = Turtwig) so Tsutaja might keep it Japanese name like Chikorita did (ironically they are both female in the anime) or Ivy + Snake which makes Ivyke, or Snivy, I prefer the last one...

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I'm so anxious!!! O:>

Did they forget about the starters or what?

Platinum Lucario

Years
    Well guys... I have to get to sleep very soon, it's already 5:41 AM here and I've stayed up all night long trying to see what the English names for the starters would be. So I'm not gonna bother constantly refreshing the page on Pokémon.com anymore. I have school as well... so I'm probably only gonna get a few hours of sleep anyways.

Alright, the English names will be revealed very soon, hopefully we'll know for sure if the image was proved false or not, and see if anyone guessed one of the starter's name's correctly. Only time will tell. ;)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ugh, come on. I push a few people through the lunch line and almost get beat up then eat lunch faster than a rocket to find out the names still aren't revealed >__>

I think... they're messing with us. I mean specifically us Pokecommunity. They know we are full of people outside of America. They also know their target ranges don't come out of school till 3. The first usual release for Eastern time isn't until 2 hours. Maybe in 1 more hour. But not now >__>

And now they're screwing with out minds for stealing their ROMs and making a hobby for editing them before they sue our asses.

Years
    Ugh, come on. I push a few people through the lunch line and almost get beat up then eat lunch faster than a rocket to find out the names still aren't revealed >__>

I think... they're messing with us. I mean specifically us Pokecommunity. They know we are full of people outside of America. They also know their target ranges don't come out of school till 3. The first usual release for Eastern time isn't until 2 hours. Maybe in 1 more hour. But not now >__>

And now they're screwing with out minds for stealing their ROMs and making a hobby for editing them before they sue our asses.
    I agree they are making us wait far too long...come on Pokemon.com...

Platinum Lucario

Years
    Oh yeah... and btw, it would be 1:47 PM in New York City right now, because that's where the website dedicated server is. And they'll reveal them at their pace... so probably by the time everyone comes home from school in New York probably. But you guys... just keep refreshing the page on pokemon.com, and I'm sure then you'll probably find it as soon as they change the website.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    The grass starters have some of the most obvious names, the grass starters name is always a mix of the animal it is (except for chikorita which kept it's Japanese name) and a part of a plant or a plant itself (like Bulb + Dinosaur = Bulbasaur, Tree + geeko = Treeco, Twig + Turtle = Turtwig) so Tsutaja might keep it Japanese name like Chikorita did (ironically they are both female in the anime) or Ivy + Snake which makes Ivyke, or Snivy, I prefer the last one...
    thats almost the formula for all starters
    char + salamander = charmander
    Torch + chick= torchic
    chimp + char = chimchar
    Squirt + turtle = squirtle

johto + mudkip & piplup are the ones who dont mention the type of animal they are (totodile does mention dile but whats a toto)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back