• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I say that your game was a fake one. Its because there are many games made which are like originals but have some ridiculous changes made in them(like getting starters at the beggining and like what happend with you!).

Years
Hacking the game doesn't really count. Although Lv 1 was introduced in DP, yes JessicaH.

I'd say someone had been messing with a Gameshark (old equivalent to an AR) or the data had been damaged, which is quite likely for an older game. I'm willing to bet the former. =/

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
I say this is a really rare glitch or you somehow messed up your game.

Years
I found one when doing the Missingno. Trick.You know how the 6th item is increased by 128,right?If you still have some of the item left and you see Missingno. you actually can have more,meaning you could get more than 200!

PS.Sometimes a funny pic comes up,of a OW sprite animation!(In the number of the 6th item)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
For the people that play Pokemon Red/Blue on an emulator, have you ever messed with line 3906 on the memory viewer to create really glitchy effects? It's pretty entertaining when your really bored.

Years
I had a really strange yet funny glitch today :D
It probably has happened to someone else though :\
So I was cloning my EEVEE on crystal and when I went to look at it in my box it was ??????????? and whenever I looked at it my game froze :O
So I just got rid of it through Pokemon Stadium 2.
It was a normal EEVEE except it weren't. :cross-eye
It was a EEVEE except where it would say EEVEE it was blank. Luckily I got rid of it, I thought it would mess up my game. This is probably common though.
It was a bad clone.I've had one on mine before,execpt you couldn't view it in party.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
has anyone mentioned the glitch dimension on gold and silver? it's supposedly a glitch that only messes with your visuals and not the save data and has something to do with machop's evolutionary form. I just tried it and it works and no save data is harmed....yet.

i want to try celebi egg trick but....i'm too scared to mess up my silver game [even though it was already messed up before i did the glitch. the battle sequences doesn't show.] and have to get a new one.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
oh yeah. you can search bulbapedia or trsrockin' for more methods. that is where I found the cheat. What I did was I looked at Machop's pokedex entry and then opened my coin case and it will restart and wil be different colors, but nothing's wrong with the save data. It does go away after you turn off the game so you can safely save your game and keep doing it. but don't over-do it.

trying celebi glitch now. stuck on getting that stupid bad clone.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2009
SO i decided i would like an electric pokemon considering i chose vaporeon over jolteon. i went back to viridian forest caught a pikachu. didnt take long before i had a raichu. however, i have never, ever had a thunderstone. ever. it just grew to level 7 then evolved.

anyone else had something like this happen?

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
Years
oh yeah. you can search bulbapedia or trsrockin' for more methods. that is where I found the cheat. What I did was I looked at Machop's pokedex entry and then opened my coin case and it will restart and wil be different colors, but nothing's wrong with the save data. It does go away after you turn off the game so you can safely save your game and keep doing it. but don't over-do it.

trying celebi glitch now. stuck on getting that stupid bad clone.

I was messing around with that glitch and found that kingdra, bulbasaur, seadra, and some other pokemon restart the game and then only show overworld sprites

Also, horsea and machoke have the same effect as machop, and a lot of other pokemon usually have weird text that says "which move?"

ALSO for some reason on yellow my mew is immune to lick. is that normal

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
oh my lord. trying to get this bad clone is taking longer than the trick would. anyone have any tips?

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
I remember one time in Yellow I was surfing by Seafoam Islands and one of the swimmer sprites spontaneously turned into the Prof. Oak sprite. I double-take'd, but it changed back. I freaked out because I thought he was drowning or something. ._.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back