• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    i think hteres only been 1 reoprt of someone finding a shiny pidgey. but that was it

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I haven't seen a shiny yet in HeartGold. I saw one in Diamond, but it was the only one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    Never found a shiny in any of my games in my life xD I fail at shiny hunting.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    While trying to get a female chikorita with a good nature I found a shiny :D
    after just 2 or 3 resets too!^_^

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I got a Shiny Pidgey on the route Mr Pokémon lives. I don't want one, so I'm planning to gift it later...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    i was playing the english rom to see how the game looks up to just like mr.pokemon or something and i found a shiny sentret but you dont have any pokeballs at that point :(

That happened to me with HootHoot in Crystal. My FIRST Pokemon encounter - and it's a dangknab Shiny lol ~.~

No shinies for me yet :P

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    My friend found a Sunkern the 1st day it came out...

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Finally! I've been SR'ing for a shiny starter since I got the game on the 14th.... Finally, I got a shiny Cyndaquil! (Which is the shiny I wanted most). I didn't count the actual amount of SR's, but it was quite a lot. I think probably 2,000 or more. I'm very happy.... This was my first SR Shiny, and first shiny starter. :)

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    I've got a quick question about shiny legendaries.

If you save in front of them and soft reset, are their overworld sprites shiny?

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
    Red Gyrados.

I plan to surf around Route 6 for a shiny Psyduck for a while. Still extremely rare, maybe I should get a Japanese Golduck and breed. Still rare though...anyone have a shiny Psyduck?

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
    Question on soft-reseting for shiny starters: do you save when you're about to pick the Pokemon and then restart to that point or do you restart the game entirely and go through all the rigamarole each time?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    I'm gonna try RNG but I'm having trouble downloading it o.o does anyone have the correct link?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2010
    So far, none. I hope to get atleast one Shiny ( Besides Red Gyrados ) that I can actually use in my Party to playthrough the game. But, I highly doubt it, seeing as I have never seen a Shiny Pokemon ever since Gold and Silver, as I grew up with those games.

Years
    I ran into a Shiny Sandshrew earlier today level 8. I used my Level 16 Butterfree to Tackle, and it took the HP down about a 1/4. Then it used Defense Curl and i used Tackle thinking it would chip just a little bit off. Oh No!! It was a Critical hit and knocked it out!! What the heck???

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
    I found shinis all the time in my gold version back in the day. I had a brown rattata, if you breed your red garados with a ditto you get a golden magicarp!!m I had a couple other's too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    nope not yet )': (but im looking D:< ) i really want a shiny sentret i hatched over 50 eggs in platinum with two diffferent reigonal pokemon in the day care (chances go down to like 1 in 2300)...now i have a few PC boxes full of normal ones <_<

but anyway does the shiny pichu count that you get from the event? if not then no...but i'll probably get that red gyarados though *sigh*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back