• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
    If I recall, I found a Shiny Metapod in HG right after getting pokeballs at the earliest point in the story. On Route 30. Literally first encounter on my second trip up the route. I nearly ran out of Pokeballs, too.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I hope I come across a shiny as well in my new playthrough of HG. I have a full team, and I just started. I traded them over. :) So hopefully while training a shiny will grace me.

Viral Panda

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    First shiny

Hi everyone :)

I've been playing Pokemon games since I was young (skipped out on R/S/E though) and have never encountered a shiny of my own.
    I tried with Ho-Oh doing soft resets, but quickly gave up.

So today, I got home early and decided to fire up my Pokemon Heart Gold and continue my progress. I decided I wanted a Lickitung for my team, so went to Safari Zone to hunt around, after messing around a bit with areas etc, I encountered two Lickitung (both seemed to continiously break free) so I decided to try to find Marowak in another area, encountering many Zubats along the way, then, I got into another fight, so I was watching tv not concentrating until I heard that magical shiny sound, I look down at my DS and there's a Jolly Female Zubat just asking me to catch it :)

I panicked a bit, being my first shiny, but also because I'd recently seem some stuff about people encountering shinies in Safari Zone and then not being able to capture them.

So, I apologise for the wall of text, but just wanted to give the little story about my first ever shiny :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^Merged your thread with the official HGSS Shiny Pokemon thread as that's where such talk about shiny Pokemon should go. =p

Years
    I caught a gyarados.Bu tonly i met a shiny graveler that did selfdestruct.Ii dont udnerstand i have clone and bring to heartgold my shinies from emerald an ampharos a mightyena a ninjack a sandslash but at heartgold only the graveler.But i have played 686 hours in emrald whiel in heartgold 101.

Years
    Only got two, the Red Gyarados and a Cyndaquil I got from a Jap. yesterday.

Never seen one in a random battle though.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    My friend found a shiny Caterpie. Before he had pokéballs. Such a shame, hahaha!
    I've had a Machop, a Pidgeotto, a Luvdisc and a Clamperl, not all on Soul Silver though. I didn't catch Gyarados, because everyone has him. It's just not special.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    My first shiny i saw (and captured :D) was a sandshrew in Safari Zone on HG
    the second (*-*) breeding dragon dancer totodiles, the third egg was shiny and i was like O_.

nm legend

Years
    OMG!!!!!! the second shiny i find in heartgold is a drowzee..... just got it yesterday

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    I got a shiny suicune in HG.
    The best part is... IT TOOK ME 3 SOFT RESETS!!!!!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I caught my first shiny in three years, a Pidgey on Route 37 of SoulSilver. The last one I caught was Silcoon on Diamond the day after it was released. I never came across one on Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    I've met a Hoothoot in HG, but I haven't got any balls to capture it ;c Lhe last one was a blue Ditto in LG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back