• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Hi, I'm new here. Can anyone check on my 1st edition Electrode shadowless? I think the 1st edition stamp is error/misprint?

Attachments

• Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
      20160715_115438-1.jpg
      213.3 KB · Views: 10
      20160715_115419.jpg
      696.6 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I recently just found a first edition, shadow boxed, holographic, Raichu in really good condition. It's number is 14/102. I know this card can be pretty valuable but my only problem is that it's on French. Does that change the price of the card? I've read that some cards are more valuable in French and some are the same price as English cards. I really need to know quickly cause if this card is the real deal I can buy it for $14. I literally just made this account to ask u this question{XD}

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I own an original 1999 HOLO MACHAMP 1st EDITION in fairly good condition. Is this worth anything or nothing special? Looking for some advice on some other cards as well, some of them 1st edition dutch cards, all from 1999 but I don't know where to go to ask for advice. Thx in advance!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Let me be a bit more thorough, my post didn't really look that clean so I'll try again:

1st Card:
    MACHAMP (holo)
    star symbol
    8/102
    first edition/english
    not shadowless

2nd card
    GYARADOS (holo)
    star symbol
    6/102
    not first edition/english
    not shadowless

3rd card
    VILEPLUME (holo)
    star symbol
    15/64
    first edition/dutch
    not shadowless

4th card
    ELECTRODE (holo)
    star symbol
    2/64
    1st edition/dutch
    not shadowless

THX for the help

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    I own an original 1999 HOLO MACHAMP 1st EDITION in fairly good condition. Is this worth anything or nothing special? Looking for some advice on some other cards as well, some of them 1st edition dutch cards, all from 1999 but I don't know where to go to ask for advice. Thx in advance!
    I got the same one, 1st edition Machamp holo in ORIGINAL plastic package, never has been opened. It has never seen sunlight too. It's in 100% condition.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    I found this a while back in my old bedroom. It was immidiately put in a glass display once opened 21 years ago and haven't touched it since. Could this be worth anything by now? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I have a Raichu 1st edition fossil 29/62. Only thing is the 1st edition logo is misprinted on the bottom of the card. Any info on this card woukd be greatly appreciated. The image is on photobucket. Just look up jasontripp903 photobuckt and go to albums and mobile uploads. Thanks!

Years
  • Hi, I'm new here. Can anyone check on my 1st edition Electrode shadowless? I think the 1st edition stamp is error/misprint?

What I suspect happened is that someone decided to stamp the first edition symbol on there after it was released because the circle for the symbol looks far from perfect. Not 100% sure, though, as the lettering, aside from being offset, is flawless.

I recently just found a first edition, shadow boxed, holographic, Raichu in really good condition. It's number is 14/102. I know this card can be pretty valuable but my only problem is that it's on French. Does that change the price of the card? I've read that some cards are more valuable in French and some are the same price as English cards. I really need to know quickly cause if this card is the real deal I can buy it for $14. I literally just made this account to ask u this question{XD}

One went for $20 on eBay. It does affect the price of the card some, but in an English speaking market, its value is going to be dramatically different than it would be in a market that speaks French.

Let me be a bit more thorough, my post didn't really look that clean so I'll try again:

1st Card:
    MACHAMP (holo)
    star symbol
    8/102
    first edition/english
    not shadowless

2nd card
    GYARADOS (holo)
    star symbol
    6/102
    not first edition/english
    not shadowless

3rd card
    VILEPLUME (holo)
    star symbol
    15/64
    first edition/dutch
    not shadowless

4th card
    ELECTRODE (holo)
    star symbol
    2/64
    1st edition/dutch
    not shadowless

THX for the help

English Non-shadowless Base Set Machamp is worth $3 to $7.

English Base Set Gyarados is worth between $5 and $10.

I got the same one, 1st edition Machamp holo in ORIGINAL plastic package, never has been opened. It has never seen sunlight too. It's in 100% condition.

If it's still sealed in the original wrap, $5 to $10.

I found this a while back in my old bedroom. It was immidiately put in a glass display once opened 21 years ago and haven't touched it since. Could this be worth anything by now? Thanks!
    Spoiler:

Rocket Dark Raichu is worth $5 to $10.

I have a Raichu 1st edition fossil 29/62. Only thing is the 1st edition logo is misprinted on the bottom of the card. Any info on this card woukd be greatly appreciated. The image is on photobucket. Just look up jasontripp903 photobuckt and go to albums and mobile uploads. Thanks!

Chances are those are not public, as I could not find any such album or user. I suggest uploading the picture as an attachment to your next post in this thread.

Hi how much is this charizard card worth thanks https://i.imgur.com/pCVTTTp.jpg

In that condition? $5 to $10. Not in very good condition at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    What I suspect happened is that someone decided to stamp the first edition symbol on there after it was released because the circle for the symbol looks far from perfect. Not 100% sure, though, as the lettering, aside from being offset, is flawless.

I kept this Electrode card since late 90's. I can't exactly remember where I got it from. I bought a bunch of 1st edition base set, team rocket, jungle,,and fossil in late 90's I really hope it's not fake one. Thanks for the input!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Hi, i've got a 1996 Holographic Moltres from the Pocket Monster collection in Japanese. What the value is?
    s173.photobucket.com/user/filippobartoli/media/_57_zps5e2jzdbr.jpg.html

Years
  • I kept this Electrode card since late 90's. I can't exactly remember where I got it from. I bought a bunch of 1st edition base set, team rocket, jungle,,and fossil in late 90's I really hope it's not fake one. Thanks for the input!

It's just my best guess, mind. There's pretty much nothing on the particular way your stamp looks regarding whether it's real or fake or not. There is, however, evidence of people taking a perfectly normal Base Set card that's shadowless, and then stamping the 1st Edition symbol on the card. Such stamps are usually much sloppier looking than the one in your picture, though, which is why I'm not certain either way.

Hi, i've got a 1996 Holographic Moltres from the Pocket Monster collection in Japanese. What the value is?
    s173.photobucket.com/user/filippobartoli/media/_57_zps5e2jzdbr.jpg.html

That's a Japanese Rocket's Moltres, and its value seems to be between $3 and $5.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016
    I've got over 100 shiny cards but can't post the picture until I have more posts on here. Would love to know the value. Any in particular worth much?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016
    Here's my collection. If anyone could be bothered to point out any valuable ones it'd be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016

I was also told this was quite rare because it has red dots on its cheeks. Could of been BS though?

Years

I was also told this was quite rare because it has red dots on its cheeks. Could of been BS though?

Wrong PIkachu card to have red cheeks for it to be rare. The card you've got is supposed to have red cheeks and is a Jungle Pikachu.

The Pikachu card that has a red cheeked version that makes it more valuable (because the red cheeks were an error) is the one from the Base Set.

Here's my collection. If anyone could be bothered to point out any valuable ones it'd be much appreciated.

There's quite a bit that's worth at least $1 to $3. Pick out 4 at a time and we can start pricing them out.

Anyone found anything?

My best guess is that they're actually fakes. So much about them makes them look like fakes/counterfeits.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    Hi! =)
    Can someone estimate the worth of my 41 holos? Is it less than 50 dollars or should I actually consider selling cards one by one?

I know its against the rules to get all of them valued so just give me an estimate of the bunch ;)

https://imgur.com/a/WKkc7

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back