• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Check for symbols to the bottom right of the picture. A mushroom looking thing is for the Jungle set. A skeleton hand is for the Fossil set. In particular, check Kangaskhan, but do check all 5 cards.

Also look for a shadow around the bottom and right of the picture on the Machamp cards. Some Machamp cards have it, some don't, because of the way it was handled in printing.

They all have shadows, the Kangaskhan has the little flower/mushroom thing on the right and first edition symbol on the left. Why did you say check that one in particular? is it worth more? Sorry for the questions, new to this.

Thanks!

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
They all have shadows, the Kangaskhan has the little flower/mushroom thing on the right and first edition symbol on the left. Why did you say check that one in particular? is it worth more? Sorry for the questions, new to this.

Thanks!

If it didn't have shadows it'd be classed as "shadowless", and they are worth more than cars with the box shadow.
Machamp shadowless is worth a more ($15) compared to normal Machamp. Normal Machamp is worth $1-2

Years

Thanks!

Well, in one of the early print runs for the Jungle set (can't remember if it was a 1st Edition print run or one of the "unlimited" print runs), all 16 of that set's holo cards were printed without the set symbol for the Jungle set.

Does that Magneton have the skeleton hand symbol for the Fossil set? Or some other symbol there? If it doesn't have any symbol at all, it's possible it's a fake, as the Base Set's Magneton card is only available as a holo.

1st Edition Jungle holo Kangaskhan: $7 to $10.
1st Edition Jungle non-holo Pinsir: $3 to $5.

If it didn't have shadows it'd be classed as "shadowless", and they are worth more than cars with the box shadow.
Machamp shadowless is worth a more ($15) compared to normal Machamp. Normal Machamp is worth $1-2

^ And there's the Machamp pricing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Well, in one of the early print runs for the Jungle set (can't remember if it was a 1st Edition print run or one of the "unlimited" print runs), all 16 of that set's holo cards were printed without the set symbol for the Jungle set.

Does that Magneton have the skeleton hand symbol for the Fossil set? Or some other symbol there? If it doesn't have any symbol at all, it's possible it's a fake, as the Base Set's Magneton card is only available as a holo.

1st Edition Jungle holo Kangaskhan: $7 to $10.
1st Edition Jungle non-holo Pinsir: $3 to $5.

^ And there's the Machamp pricing.
Thanks for the pricing guys, surprised 1st edition holo Machamp is worth less than the non-holo Pinsir, but guess it makes sense since I have multiples lol.

And for the Magneton - It does have the first edition symbol and the fossil symbol.

Years
Thanks for the pricing guys, surprised 1st edition holo Machamp is worth less than the non-holo Pinsir, but guess it makes sense since I have multiples lol.

And for the Magneton - It does have the first edition symbol and the fossil symbol.

Well, that particular shadowed version of Machamp came in the Starter Decks that were available at the time, and all Machamp cards in the Base Set had a 1st Edition stamp.

The shadowless one, however, only lasted for the duration of the actual 1st Edition print run for the Base Set.

Fossil non-holo 1st Edition Magneton: $3 to $5.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Quick question - I've been using Amazon prices to value cards, and some of my cards will be posted a bunch of times with average cost $3, but one guy will have it up for 5 cents. I've been taking this to mean that the card is worthless. Is that usually true?

Years
Quick question - I've been using Amazon prices to value cards, and some of my cards will be posted a bunch of times with average cost $3, but one guy will have it up for 5 cents. I've been taking this to mean that the card is worthless. Is that usually true?

Probably not. I only use ebay's Sold listings for my pricies, myself.

What's a recent card you looked up on Amazon where this happened?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
One was an Electrode, 1999, 21/102 rare. Another was Dark Vaporeon, 1999-2000, 45/82. Both were going for about $2.50 in several listings but were also being sold for 5 cents.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Not sure if this is the right place to ask since it's not really a card, but what about the little 23 karat gold plated cards? Are they worth anything?

I have 3, all with the certificates, that I don't think I ever took out of the plastic cases - Charizard, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
Not sure if this is the right place to ask since it's not really a card, but what about the little 23 karat gold plated cards? Are they worth anything?

I have 3, all with the certificates, that I don't think I ever took out of the plastic cases - Charizard, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff.

Do they have their boxes? If so what colour.
Charizard will be the best seller, the others not so much I'm afraid

I have this mareep:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mareep_(Call_of_Legends_63)
Artist is ken sugimori, and it is a shiny card.

Is it Japanese? Or do you mean rev holo? (like this: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1066442.html)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 31, 2016
Im trying to get a price on 9 original Japanese pocket monster cards.they're in a folder with another page of Japanese writing. Im not sure which Pokemon they are. I know there is a pikachu and a charizard but that's about it. Once I get to five posts I'll post a picture

These cards are in mint condition. Does anyone even still reply to these threads?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Im trying to get a price on 9 original Japanese pocket monster cards.they're in a folder with another page of Japanese writing. Im not sure which Pokemon they are. I know there is a pikachu and a charizard but that's about it. Once I get to five posts I'll post a picture

These cards are in mint condition. Does anyone even still reply to these threads?

Yes, people do, in fact, still reply to these threads. Unfortunately, a lot of Pokemon TCG players pretty much exclusively only rely on Facebook groups (which I think is a terrible way to facilitate conversation and anything else integral to an online TCG community, such as deck theory and discussion), and forums based on the Pokemon TCG have suffered as a result.

And rather than trying to get to 5 posts, I suggest just uploading the pictures as attachments to your next post in this thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 31, 2016
these are the cards including the folder they are in. please get back to me on how much they are worth

Attachments

• 20160526_130204.jpg
    20160526_130204.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160526_130209.jpg
    20160526_130209.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160526_130233.jpg
    20160526_130233.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160526_130218.jpg
    20160526_130218.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 12
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
these are the cards including the folder they are in. please get back to me on how much they are worth
I too would like to know the value of that Charizard, i've searched online in the past and couldn't work out what it was worth.

Years

I too would like to know the value of that Charizard, i've searched online in the past and couldn't work out what it was worth.

The bottom 3 holos are all promos from a movie, iirc. I could be wrong, though. I'll check their values in the morning when I'm more alert and can actually piece together enough coherence to correctly identify those cards.

Unfortunately, there's no coherence to those 9 cards, meaning they're not part of a common collection despite being inside a binder. The Japanese Jungle Persian and the 5 cards from the Japanese Neo Discovery set - the cards with the Mayan temple looking symbol as their set symbol - were the tells that they are not a part of a collection within that binder, which does not look like it's in the greatest of shape right now.

EDIT: So, the Charizard is a Neo Promo Charizard. Goes for between $5 and $10 ungraded.
Entei is a Neo Promo Entei. Goes for between $1 and $5. Its value is affected by the insane abundance that its English counterpart has due to being a movie promo (seriously, I have 3 or 4 myself).
Rather than Pikachu, that card is a Neo Promo Pichu. It goes for between $3 and $5.
Purple one in the middle row is a non-holo Neo Discovery Espeon. It goes for between $3 and $5.
White one in the middle row is a common card, Neo Discovery Eevee. It's got a worth of about $0.25 to $0.50 on its own.
Black one in the middle row is a non-holo Neo Discovery Umbreon. It goes for between $3 and $5.
White one in the top row is not a rare card. It has a rarity of uncommon, which basically just means it appears slightly less frequently than common cards do. It is a Jungle Persian and it's got a worth of between $0.50 and $0.75.
Middle on in the top row is Unown E from Neo Discovery. It has a rarity of common and is worth $0.25 to $0.50.
Right one on the top row is Unown O from Neo Discovery. It also has a rarity of common and is also worth $0.25 to $0.50.

Couldn't give you a value on the folder, as it's not one I've seen before and wouldn't have the foggiest idea what to look for in prices.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I am not sure if this is worth anything but I have an unopened Charizard EX box, Red and Blue edition that has been packaged upside down. The plastic insert holding the figurine and boosters is the wrong way up in the box. It was bought from the toy store I always use so I have no doubts about it's genuineness.

This is obviously a packaging error and I know errors can be worth some money in this world!

Anyway, would be keen to find out so I know whether to open it for the boosters or not! :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 8, 2016
Hi, I've tried uploading pictures but i can't work it out, I have a deoxys card that i cant find on ebay.
The name 'Deoxys' is gold and shiny, the rim of the card is also yellow and shiny & so is the picture of the deoxys.
in the bottom right of the picture is says 'exHOLON PHANTOMS'.
It has a silver shiny star in the bottom right of the card and it is number 3/110.
The deoxys itself is facing leftwards in the picture and looks to be running maybe?
The only ones i have seen online dont have the shiny name of exholon phantoms print- any help on the price would be appreciated! :)

Years
I am not sure if this is worth anything but I have an unopened Charizard EX box, Red and Blue edition that has been packaged upside down. The plastic insert holding the figurine and boosters is the wrong way up in the box. It was bought from the toy store I always use so I have no doubts about it's genuineness.

This is obviously a packaging error and I know errors can be worth some money in this world!

Anyway, would be keen to find out so I know whether to open it for the boosters or not! :)

Which one? The Generations one? Or the Flashfire one? Either way, I'd hold onto it. Can't find information on packing errors on either right now.

Hi, I've tried uploading pictures but i can't work it out, I have a deoxys card that i cant find on ebay.
The name 'Deoxys' is gold and shiny, the rim of the card is also yellow and shiny & so is the picture of the deoxys.
in the bottom right of the picture is says 'exHOLON PHANTOMS'.
It has a silver shiny star in the bottom right of the card and it is number 3/110.
The deoxys itself is facing leftwards in the picture and looks to be running maybe?
The only ones i have seen online dont have the shiny name of exholon phantoms print- any help on the price would be appreciated! :)

Special holo version of Deoxys from ex Holon Phantoms. "reverse" holos in the later Advance Generation sets had the card art box as foil with a set logo printed onto the picture, like the ex Holon Phantoms logo you see on your card.

Your version goes for between $4 and $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back