• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Hey, new to this community.

Went and bought a collectors card collection.

Just found hidden behind a card in a binder a Japanese 1st edition dark charizard.

Anyone know any information on the 'web' it says on the bottom left corner. And a possible price?

I don't ever grade cards personally but it's a gem mint. All edges are perfect and the face of the card hasn't the slightest mark.

Cheers Josh

Attachments

• Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
      Screenshot_2016-06-13-01-36-30.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, new to this community.

Went and bought a collectors card collection.

Just found hidden behind a card in a binder a Japanese 1st edition dark charizard.

Anyone know any information on the 'web' it says on the bottom left corner. And a possible price?

I don't ever grade cards personally but it's a gem mint. All edges are perfect and the face of the card hasn't the slightest mark.

Cheers Josh

Could you upload a picture as an attachment to your next post here? That would help me pin it down.

Years
  • Uploaded it to my first post. Thanks for the reply!

You may want to look into getting that graded by PSA. A Gem Mint PSA 10 version of that card just went for $107. Without the grade, it'd probably catch $50 as an unverified mint card (just a guess, though). The cheapest PSA grade you can get for this card (though it'd have a 10 business day turnaround for them to get the card back to you) would cost $18. Might be worth trying to squeeze out some extra value potentially. Hell, you might just want to grade it to get it into a PSA grading case to show it off.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    You may want to look into getting that graded by PSA. A Gem Mint PSA 10 version of that card just went for $107. Without the grade, it'd probably catch $50 as an unverified mint card (just a guess, though). The cheapest PSA grade you can get for this card (though it'd have a 10 business day turnaround for them to get the card back to you) would cost $18. Might be worth trying to squeeze out some extra value potentially. Hell, you might just want to grade it to get it into a PSA grading case to show it off.

Thanks a bunch! Found 4 more Japanese sheets of 1st editions. I will upload that's later today.

I think I will send it off to be graded!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Hello everyone!
    I'm trying to evaluate my collection and ran into a little snag.
    I can't find a 2nd edition machamp holo anywhere? It looks just like the first edition one but there's no information nor pictures that a second edition should even exist.
    I'm starting to think it's a fake even though I can't remember trading for one.
    I can't post pictures since this is my first post so you will have to take my word for it.

I also found a Muk with the same problem. It's marked as a second edition but I can only find it as; legend and fossil

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello everyone!
    I'm trying to evaluate my collection and ran into a little snag.
    I can't find a 2nd edition machamp holo anywhere? It looks just like the first edition one but there's no information nor pictures that a second edition should even exist.
    I'm starting to think it's a fake even though I can't remember trading for one.
    I can't post pictures since this is my first post so you will have to take my word for it.

I also found a Muk with the same problem. It's marked as a second edition but I can only find it as; legend and fossil

2nd Edition??? Post pictures as an attachment to your next post, please! The pictures limitation is actually a limitation on posting links, not on uploading files. 2nd Editions aren't a thing. Unlimited, non-1st edition cards are a thing, but not for the Machamp card that's from the Base Set.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    I do not know if i'm just stupid... But doesn't that 2 mean 2nd edition?

Well, I just read on bulbapedia that machamp was left out of base set 2... Well, I've got one here.

Attachments

• Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
      20160613_200752.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 14
    Years
  • I do not know if i'm just stupid... But doesn't that 2 mean 2nd edition?

Well, I just read on bulbapedia that machamp was left out of base set 2... Well, I've got one here.

It just means Base Set 2, which was a reprint set that reprinted many cards from the original Base Set and the Jungle set. Plenty of people have made the mistake in the past, as a lot of people just simply weren't aware of Base Set 2 (reprint set that didn't sell the greatest, mostly existed to keep some of the earlier cards in circulation longer).

Also, yeah, that is definitely a fake. A couple of the fonts seem off (not 100% certain), and Base Set 2 had 130 cards in it. Also the foil pattern on the card extends outside of the picture and across the whole card. No card that was released before the Legendary Collection set (which was a reprint set released in 2002 and was the last set Wizards of the Coast released) had the holofoil pattern extend to the whole card.

The card looks kind of like someone photocopied a Base Set Machamp and stuck the Base Set 2 symbol on it.

Chances are the Muk is fake, too, since Fossil cards were not reprinted at all in Base Set 2.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    It just means Base Set 2, which was a reprint set that reprinted many cards from the original Base Set and the Jungle set. Plenty of people have made the mistake in the past, as a lot of people just simply weren't aware of Base Set 2 (reprint set that didn't sell the greatest, mostly existed to keep some of the earlier cards in circulation longer).

Also, yeah, that is definitely a fake. A couple of the fonts seem off (not 100% certain), and Base Set 2 had 130 cards in it. Also the foil pattern on the card extends outside of the picture and across the whole card. No card that was released before the Legendary Collection set (which was a reprint set released in 2002 and was the last set Wizards of the Coast released) had the holofoil pattern extend to the whole card.

The card looks kind of like someone photocopied a Base Set Machamp and stuck the Base Set 2 symbol on it.

Chances are the Muk is fake, too, since Fossil cards were not reprinted at all in Base Set 2.

"The 2-Player CD-ROM Starter Set is a special beginners deck from Base Set 2 of the Pokémon Trading Card Game. It includes a Pokémon Play It! CD-ROM, which includes interactive features to demonstrate how to play the TCG. It is similar to the original 2-Player Starter Set released alongside Base Set, comprising 61 cards, broken down into two 30-card half decks: one focusing on Fighting Pokémon, and one on Water Pokémon, plus an additional Machamp card. The 2-Player CD-ROM Starter Set also includes a rulebook, damage counters, a custom coin, a card list, and playmat."

Trivia

"Since Machamp was not printed in Base Set 2, the Machamp card included in this set is a reprint from Base Set. Like the Machamp included in the original 2-Player Starter Set, it was printed as a 1st Edition card, but uses the Cosmos Holofoil treatment as per the rare Holo cards in Base Set 2."

Just found this on bulbapedia, might it be that I have one of those?

Years
  • "The 2-Player CD-ROM Starter Set is a special beginners deck from Base Set 2 of the Pokémon Trading Card Game. It includes a Pokémon Play It! CD-ROM, which includes interactive features to demonstrate how to play the TCG. It is similar to the original 2-Player Starter Set released alongside Base Set, comprising 61 cards, broken down into two 30-card half decks: one focusing on Fighting Pokémon, and one on Water Pokémon, plus an additional Machamp card. The 2-Player CD-ROM Starter Set also includes a rulebook, damage counters, a custom coin, a card list, and playmat."

Trivia

"Since Machamp was not printed in Base Set 2, the Machamp card included in this set is a reprint from Base Set. Like the Machamp included in the original 2-Player Starter Set, it was printed as a 1st Edition card, but uses the Cosmos Holofoil treatment as per the rare Holo cards in Base Set 2."

Just found this on bulbapedia, might it be that I have one of those?

No, as that is referring to it being a reprint of the Base Set card, which would not have the Base Set 2 stamp.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Dear Pokemon Community,

I have a few Japanese Pokemon or Pocket Monster cards that im trying to sell however unsure of the Value.

1) Japanese Khangaskan
    1) Japanese Hypno

Both these cards are shinys and from the Pocket Monster Collection.

And I have 8 others which seem to be from the new collection.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2016
    Hey! I have a Deoxys unlike anything I´ve seen (I haven´t seen this card anywhere, including Ebay). It is an actually holographic card, and by that I mean that the picture and attributes change depending on the angle at which you view it. Would really appreciate any thoughts on what it might be worth!
    imgur.com/IPmMxy0
    imgur.com/neYoRlI

I also have the Japanese Gift Box Pikachu and Mewtwo (001/002 and 002/002, respectively), and Celebi 145/144, any ideas? :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Hi! I'm pretty new to this community and I need some help pricing some of my cards. Some of them I can't seem to find anywhere. They are all pocket monster cards and are all in japanese (i think). They are all also shiny. I'll just post images to make it easier if anyone can help.
    Hopefully they work. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    I am new to the site and trying to get pricing for some 1996 Pocket Monster cards. I don't know much about Pokemon cards and my cards are in Japanese, so I will try my best to give the needed information. I have taken photos and tried to download them, but not sure if I am doing it right because I can only get 1 or 2 to download. Hopefully it will come through for you. I will send one with this post, then try to send the other 3 next. Please let me know if I am doing it wrong or if there is an easier way :)
    Here goes nothing:

1) Pocket Monsters: Golduck- No.055, LV.33

Thanks a bunch! Julie

Here is my 2nd card:

2) Pocket Monsters: Victreebel- No. 071, LV. 37

Thanks again,
    Julie

And my 3rd...

3) Pocket Monsters: ?- No. 024, LV. 44

Julie

And my 4th card...

4) Pocket Monsters: Trainer- Tokiwa City

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!!
    Julie (Jewels)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    POKEMON RESHIRAM HOLO FULL ART BASIC HP 130 RC22/RC25 MINT CONDITION

POKEMON VENUSAUR REVERSE HOLO STAGE 2 HP 140 3/108 MINT CONDITION

Just got into pokemon I dont know much on value. These were the coolest ones in my set so I came here for a quick answer thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Hey everyone!
    As every 90's kid, I was a big fan of pokemons and i have a huge amount of cards. But time did its thing and I am not into card ( just pokemon go :) ). Few days ago I saw that some cards have a great value so it would be cool if you guys could tell how much my cards value. I did a little reaserch on my own and come to conclusion that my most valued cards is this one:
    1. scyther
    2. symbol is star
    3. 10/64
    4. not first edition, but has a "flower" sing in bottom right corner of the picture
    5. it is not shadowless

I would be very grateful if you could estimate value of this card

Thanks a lot, and if I missed somethnig or you neead a picture, just say so

Once more, thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Hi,

I'm not sure if I've found the right place, but was wondering if anyone could tell me how much Pokemon cards like these are worth. I have quite a few from the base set 2 but they are all shiny and when I Google them nothing comes up for the shiny ones. I have attached the image with Google drive.
    Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I am new to the site and trying to get pricing for some 1996 Pocket Monster cards. I don't know much about Pokemon cards and my cards are in Japanese, so I will try my best to give the needed information. I have taken photos and tried to download them, but not sure if I am doing it right because I can only get 1 or 2 to download. Hopefully it will come through for you. I will send one with this post, then try to send the other 3 next. Please let me know if I am doing it wrong or if there is an easier way :)
    Here goes nothing:

1) Pocket Monsters: Golduck- No.055, LV.33

View attachment 79205

View attachment 79207

Thanks a bunch! Julie

Here is my 2nd card:

2) Pocket Monsters: Victreebel- No. 071, LV. 37

View attachment 79211

Thanks again,
    Julie

And my 3rd...

3) Pocket Monsters: ?- No. 024, LV. 44

View attachment 79213

Julie

And my 4th card...

4) Pocket Monsters: Trainer- Tokiwa City

View attachment 79214

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!!
    Julie (Jewels)

Worth about 40-50c each

POKEMON RESHIRAM HOLO FULL ART BASIC HP 130 RC22/RC25 MINT CONDITION

POKEMON VENUSAUR REVERSE HOLO STAGE 2 HP 140 3/108 MINT CONDITION

Just got into pokemon I dont know much on value. These were the coolest ones in my set so I came here for a quick answer thanks.

Reshiram $4-5, Venusaur $1-2

Hey everyone!
    As every 90's kid, I was a big fan of pokemons and i have a huge amount of cards. But time did its thing and I am not into card ( just pokemon go :) ). Few days ago I saw that some cards have a great value so it would be cool if you guys could tell how much my cards value. I did a little reaserch on my own and come to conclusion that my most valued cards is this one:
    1. scyther
    2. symbol is star
    3. 10/64
    4. not first edition, but has a "flower" sing in bottom right corner of the picture
    5. it is not shadowless

I would be very grateful if you could estimate value of this card

Thanks a lot, and if I missed somethnig or you neead a picture, just say so

Once more, thank you :)

You're describing a Scyther from the Jungle Set (That's what the "flower" symbol" is telling you, what set it is from.
    Shadowless only applies to base set as well.
    Worth about $3-4-funnily enough it'd be worth more if it didn't have the symbol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back