• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hi there,
    Ive kept all of my pokemon sets from since i was a kid and was wondering if you could help me. I want to sell them as they are just taking up space in my room and should be appreciated by someone who collects. I have a 1st edition machamp in original packet never opened and there is 2 cards in it. Also ihave full sets of the originals and a few more things. Where would i look at finding a buyer?
    Thanks

2 cards in the shrink wrap sounds odd for a Base Set Machamp. But your best bet to sell it is to list it on eBay or Craigslist, usually eBay as you will typically get fair market value as people won't try to barter with you like they will on a Craigslist listing.

Did you want a price estimate on it?

Hey so I was checking my old pokemon cards and I came across my 1st pokemon card at perfect condition and i was wondering what is worth.

Also got a perfect condition raikou and suicune legend

Aquapolis Nidoking 24/147: $1 to $3.

Raikou and Suicune LEGEND: $20 to $25 if both pieces are there. $5 to $10 for each individual piece.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    Hey, I've had this card kicking around for awhile and I can't quite find anything on it. Can anyone help? It's kind of dirty, but it's sort of odd.

Attachments

• Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]
      pokefront.jpg
      103.4 KB · Views: 7
      pokeback.jpg
      67.5 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    Hi Everyone! Great thread! Exactly what I have been looking for :)

Im trying to determine the value of a southern islands collection folder, currently I have the folder, box (slightly beat up), postcards (sealed) and 18 Pokemon cards (sealed) are all present.

What do you think the value is as it stands? And as the cards are sealed and look in mint condition do you think its worth sending them to PSA for grading?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Hi everyone. Please can someone tell me what are the values of the following cards :
    - 1st edition Dark Charizard Holo
    - 1st edition Dark Feraligatr Holo
    - 1st edition Forretress Holo
    - 1st edition Dark Dragonite Holo
    - 1st edition Dark Alakazam Holo

Thanks !

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Hey guys,

So I've been going through my collection, sorting them out ready to sell them all when I found this.. It's a Buizel but the name at the top is girafarig ? Is this fake or..? Anyone seen this before ?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

IMG_0596[1].jpg
      892.6 KB · Views: 6
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Hello Poke Friends.

I got some cards given to me and I'm wondering if there's anything to be excited about here value wise. I know next to nothing about the cards - but I do know that there's money to be had for certain ones.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I'm happy to upload better pictures of individual cards if there's something to be excited about!

Thank yas!

It would appear I'm not allowed to post links to images until I have 5 posts.

That's not ideal since I joined the community to get help!

Two more posts I guess then I can link you my picture of the cards?

This seems silly.

Wait here we go:

https://imgur.com/a/eOJSI

https://imgur.com/a/FLedF

Last edited by a moderator:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Two more posts I guess then I can link you my picture of the cards?

Why didn't you just use the attachment feature?

The cards aren't worth a great deal, you might get a few extra dollars for some of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Why didn't you just use the attachment feature?

The cards aren't worth a great deal, you might get a few extra dollars for some of them.

Thanks for looking.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to throw out a $300 card. Cause that would be my luck.

Years
  • Thanks for looking.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to throw out a $300 card. Cause that would be my luck.

The "image" posting restriction is actually a link posting restriction aimed at spambots, scammers, and people who are joining to advertise things. There's a bypass for posting images when you're under this link restriction in the "Attachments" feature, which is the paper clip at the top of the post formatting tools in the full page post editor.

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
  • I have picked up a Black Star Promo XY42 Groudon EX and have noticed a couple of things:

- The illustrator is named 5 ban Graphics (I know this is a common misprint).
    - All of the corners barring the top right have a rounded cut, the latter having a square cut.

The card seems 100% genuine and I'm an avid/veteran Pokemon card collector, having collected from day one, so I know that people have bought uncut sheets from companies and square cut them to try and make people believe they're valuable, but I've never seen anything like this before.

Any fellow Pokemon TCG nerdiness is highly appreciated =]

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
  • I have picked up a Black Star Promo XY42 Groudon EX and have noticed a couple of things:

- The illustrator is named 5 ban Graphics (I know this is a common misprint).
    - All of the corners barring the top right have a rounded cut, the latter having a square cut.

The card seems 100% genuine and I'm an avid/veteran Pokemon card collector, having collected from day one, so I know that people have bought uncut sheets from companies and square cut them to try and make people believe they're valuable, but I've never seen anything like this before.

Any fellow Pokemon TCG nerdiness is highly appreciated =]

Here is the card in question, since I can now attach pictures.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Hello guys just wondering if anyone knows how much my PSA 10 Ivysaur and Gyarados are worth? Both PSA 10 Shadowless First Edition Base Set cards

Last edited:

Otterpus

Jabronette
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    It won't let me post a link, so I'm just going to desribe this card. It's like every jungle reverse-holo mr.mime I've seen except it has no set symbol.

Mr.Mime
    Base Set
    6/64 *
    Reverse-Holo, NM

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    It won't let me post a link, so I'm just going to desribe this card. It's like every jungle reverse-holo mr.mime I've seen except it has no set symbol.

Mr.Mime
    Base Set
    6/64 *
    Reverse-Holo, NM

There's no such thing as a Jungle/Base Set rev. holo. (Or a base set Mr Mime if memory serves)

Sorry but I think you may have a fake

Otterpus

Jabronette
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Thanks Hands, It wouldn't surprise me. The card looks legit enough, but I haven't touched these cards since the early 2000s.

I've seen some online being sold as misprints since I posted that last night. I dunno how likely that is.

Years
  • Thanks Hands, It wouldn't surprise me. The card looks legit enough, but I haven't touched these cards since the early 2000s.

I've seen some online being sold as misprints since I posted that last night. I dunno how likely that is.

There's no such thing as a Jungle/Base Set rev. holo. (Or a base set Mr Mime if memory serves)

There were 1st Edition Jungle Mr. Mime cards (specifically the normal holo version, not the non-holo version) that were missing the set symbol on them, so to some that would appear to be a "Base Set" Mr. Mime.

Any chance it could be from the legendary collection? They did do reverse holos in that set.

Legendary Collection would still have a set symbol, though. Some medal/shovel looking thing. There are no known misprints of Legendary Collection cards where the set symbol is missing, iirc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    Anyone know how much this misprint could be worth? The "Nintendo" has a misprint.Thanks.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • So probably one of the dumbest requests on here, so apologies in advance in case I wasted anyone's time. Nobody can give me a straight answer though :P

I've got a base set holofoil Charizard that's in really good condition. Super minor wear at the top (Barely noticeable) and a tiny crease in one of the corners. (Wouldn't have noticed it without a magnifying glass) It is not shadowless or first edition. Collector's number is 4/102,

Image:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back