• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2017
    Sorry, gonna ask a few more

Japanese First Edition Xerneas 044/059

Japanese First Edition Gallade 040/059

Japanese First Edition Magearna 030/036

Japanese Groudon 184/XY-P

Japanese Kyogre 177/XY-P

Sorry for the inconvenience

Years
  • Hi! Today i found in a dusty old box my old TCG holographic cards... nostalgia! Most of them are like 12+ years old. I checked a couple online sites to rate them but couldn't find substantial and definitive answers on it. So i thought i'd ask some experts!
    I have a bunch to rate, so i'll make a couple posts with the ones that are apparently worth more judging by what those sites are telling me.
    Here are the first 4:

(Team Rocket 2000) Dark Charizard 4/82 First Edition Holo

(Aquapolis) Exeggutor H10/H32 Holo

Venusaur (Promo) 13 Holo [sadly i can't post links yet so no photos, are these infos enough? I can't find that many more on the card. He's got 100 HP and has the power "Solar Power"]

(Expedition Base Set) Mew 19/165 Holo

I have a question about this last Mew: making some research, i found out that the one i have, number 19, is rated about 12 $, while there's another one in the same set, number 55, which is 68$! Although the two cards are exactly the same and it looks like 55 isn't holographic. How come there's such a big difference in prices? Is 55 rarer? Or maybe print error?

Thank you for your time. You're a one-of in the internet as far as reliable infos about these prices go, really. I fear i'm gonna abuse this by making a couple more posts after receiving reply. Hope you won't mind. Thanks again!

Sorry for the late reply. I was on a work trip all of last week.

1st Edition Dark Charizard $20 to $30.

Aquaopolis Exeggutor $15 to $20.

Venusaur Black Star Promo 13 $12 to $18 (it's all over a range from $10 to $30, but $12 to $18 is at the heart of the most common range)

Expedition Mew 19 $10 to $15.

Where's the listing that went for $68? That version of the Mew from the Expedition set is fetching between $3 and $5 typically, with a few exceptions.

The rarest card I have is a shiny yanma in a holographic card.

Is that worth anything?

Which Shiny Yanma? The one from Supreme Victors? Or just a Yanma card that's holofoil? Asking since people commonly use "shiny" to refer to holofoil cards.

Back again, Japanese first edition holo octillery 013/059 price?

Probably $2 to $4. Its English counterpart isn't worth very much right now.

Sorry, gonna ask a few more

Japanese First Edition Xerneas 044/059

Japanese First Edition Gallade 040/059

Japanese First Edition Magearna 030/036

Japanese Groudon 184/XY-P

Japanese Kyogre 177/XY-P

Sorry for the inconvenience

These are all probables because these are new enough that Japanese cards aren't in abundant circulation in the English secondhand market:

Xerneas $5 to $7
    Gallade $3 to $5
    Magearna (shine collection) $1 to $3.
    Groudon Promo $3 to $5
    Kyogre Promo $3 to $5.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2017
    Sorry for the late reply. I was on a work trip all of last week.

1st Edition Dark Charizard $20 to $30.

Aquaopolis Exeggutor $15 to $20.

Venusaur Black Star Promo 13 $12 to $18 (it's all over a range from $10 to $30, but $12 to $18 is at the heart of the most common range)

Expedition Mew 19 $10 to $15.

Where's the listing that went for $68? That version of the Mew from the Expedition set is fetching between $3 and $5 typically, with a few exceptions.
    Don't worry, thank you so much for replying! Nice to see that my old cards are actually worth something. Now i have to find a way to actually sell them... do you have suggestions? maybe Pokemon Card Market (subsite of MKM) can be useful?

About Mew: i found that crazy price on Pokemonprices .com, on the costlier cards list. That site doesn't look reliable at all tho, so it's likely that it's a made-up price.

Here are the next cards:

(Team Rocket 2000) Dark Blastoise 3/82 First Edition Holo

(Fossil) Gengar 5/62 Holo

(Expedition Base Set) Gengar 13/165 Holo

(Neo Destiny) Dark Donphan 3/105 Holo

I also have three reverse holo cards that are common or uncommon. I don't think they're worth that much... nor that what they are is actually "reverse holo". The pokèmon picture isn't holographic, but the rest of the card is EXTREMELY holo! Like, some "firework pattern" of sorts. They are:
    (Legendary Collection) Squirtle 95/110 Rev Holo
    (Legendary Collection) Pokemon Trader 103/110 Rev Holo
    (Legendary Collection) Haunter 46/110 Rev Holo

Once again, thank you so much for your time! If i posted too many cards in this post, i apologize.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    So,
    My son's grandpa bought him a pack of cards. Not sure what pack, didn't think anything of it.
    He pulls a M Tyranitar EX from the pack.
    A couple of days later, as we are playing the TCG, I notice it is an error card.

Where it SHOULD say "Evolves from Tyranitar EX" it says "Evolves from MEOWTH".

How much would this card be worth, if anything?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Hi all, i have about 10 PSA 10 cards that im finding hard to find an evaluation on eBay.

I was woundering if any one could help me out.
    As per the rule of only posting 4 cards, here are the first 4 cards.

Any help is appreciated :)

2002 Pokemon Mew - Holo Expedition #19 GEM MT 10 - 19/165

2000 Pokemon Gym Heroes Rocket's Scyther Holo #13 GEM MT 10 - 13/132

2002 Pokemon Expedition Tyranitar - Holo #29 GEM MT 10 - 29/165

2001 Pokemon Japanese Tyranitar - Holo Expedition - 1ST Edition #127 GEM MT 10 - 127/128

As i said any help would be appreciated.

All are PSA 10 Graded.
    I will post pictures if needed.

Thanks.

Jamie.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2017
    Hi there,
    I was looking in my old pokemon cards and i found a card that could be an error card.

Well i couldn't find any information about this error card on World Wide Web

So maybe it is very rare??

And i wonder what you guys think of it...

Pokemon: Zapdos HP 80 30/62
    English Fossil 1999 - 10 - 10 unlimited (you guys know the hand)
    English Base set 2 2000 - 02 -28 (but i have this logo right under)

And also the illustrator Mitsuhire Arita was wrote like: Illus. mitsuhire Arita

Did you guys seen this before?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Hi all, i have about 10 PSA 10 cards that im finding hard to find an evaluation on eBay.

I was woundering if any one could help me out.
    As per the rule of only posting 4 cards, here are the first 4 cards.

Any help is appreciated :)

2001 Pokemon Japanese Tyranitar - Holo Expedition - 1ST Edition #127 GEM MT 10 - 127/128

As i said any help would be appreciated.

All are PSA 10 Graded.
    I will post pictures if needed.

Thanks.

Jamie.

Any one know? i really dont know how much to put them up for :(

Years
  • Any one know? i really dont know how much to put them up for :(

Sorry, been busy offline and tired when I'm online.

A PSA 9 went for "Best offer accepted" at something less than $38 US back on February 16th. My guess is that it probably went for $30. $30 to $35.

Last two PSA graded ones sold for $87 and $120, respectively (March 1st for the former, February 1st for the latter). Probably somewhere in the middle like $95 to $100.

Prices are all over the map for PSA 8, PSA 9, and PSA 10 versions of this card over the past two months. The most recent one went for $122.50. The last two before that: less than $10. The 4th one way back on January 13th went for $20. And then back in December, it went for $60.

My guess is probably $40.

The only PSA graded version of this card to move was a "Best Offer Accepted" at something less than $40. No idea where this card's value actually stands.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    Hi, I have got an M Tyranitar EX but it says he evolves from meowth so it's clearly a mis print, anyone know anything about this?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    Ok thank you, I checked packaging an it all looks genuine, what's the best way to check if it's fake? I'm new to buying pokemon cards so sorry for the questions

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok thank you, I checked packaging an it all looks genuine, what's the best way to check if it's fake? I'm new to buying pokemon cards so sorry for the questions

Evolving from Meowth would be too big of a misprint. It's beyond the realms of possibility. A real misprint in this day and age would be a typo, or a missing word or something. Anything too wrong will be a fake

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    Figured it out now I think, sorry for this! I cannot take a picture of the packaging as I'm out at the minute but soon as I'm back I will. Thanks Guys
    9c5ae89e

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    Let me know if it's working please. I'm not confident it's real from the replies but I also got an MRayquaza EX Holo in another pack so of this one is fake then I can presume this Holo will be :(

Years
  • Figured it out now I think, sorry for this! I cannot take a picture of the packaging as I'm out at the minute but soon as I'm back I will. Thanks Guys
    9c5ae89e

Attaching uses the paper clip icon next to the smiley face in Advanced Post mode. A bit different from the way you went about sharing the picture. Also the picture isn't working properly.

The way you went about it needs you to directly link to the picture itself, like so:

[IMG]https://s10.postimg.org/wvztpvd2h/20170308_142407.jpg[/IMG]

20170308_142407.jpg

There's quite a bit wrong with this card.

Below is the actual card for comparison (if it'll load)

MTyranitarEXBanditRing43.jpg

Link to the card picture below if it doesn't load:
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ad/MTyranitarEXBanditRing43.jpg

Notice how most of the text is in a different font on the one you have? It's hard to tell for many, but basically counterfeiters use a font that looks similar enough but has bigger spaces between words and letters while also ending up with each letter being wider and shorter.

Next, take a look at the Energy symbols for the attacks, the weakness, the resistances, and the retreat cost. Notice how while they largely look the same, there's something just, you know, off about the one on your counterfeit versus the official one? It's because counterfeiters are deliberately using the wrong images, but are still using images that would look fine to someone who doesn't know.

Mind taking a photo of the packaging? There's tells on there that could help us help you identify counterfeit packaging.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back