• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2017
    The card that has wear is just an uncommon shuppet 😂. Every other card is near perfect.. i can almost 100% garuntee that the gold star celebi is an almost gem 10 if i sent to psa.. thanks for the feedback man

Years
  • The card that has wear is just an uncommon shuppet 😂. Every other card is near perfect.. i can almost 100% garuntee that the gold star celebi is an almost gem 10 if i sent to psa.. thanks for the feedback man

Celebi is fetching stupid amounts on its own when its graded. Several of the sold listings were nearly as much as the $250 the whole set sold for. In fact, if you also got the Gold Star Alakazam graded and it was a PSA 9 or 10, the two gold star cards could easily fetch more than the entire set would ungraded.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2017
    Wow.. i didnt realize that.. The alakazam gold star is around an 8 or 8.5, i have had it since it was released and its got some wear thanks to time. I never stored my cards in sleeves until i realized how valuable some were... I was so dumb when i was younger and traded away a first edition blastoise base set holo in mint condition... i regret it so much

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Wow.. i didnt realize that.. The alakazam gold star is around an 8 or 8.5, i have had it since it was released and its got some wear thanks to time. I never stored my cards in sleeves until i realized how valuable some were... I was so dumb when i was younger and traded away a first edition blastoise base set holo in mint condition... i regret it so much

Yeah man get those puppies graded. I've gotta get mine sent off, my Jolteon is probably a gem mint and my mewtwo is easily an 8-9. They sell a lot higher on their own graded than in sets

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Hi there everyone!
    I am new here and I have got a Gengar EX 114/119 full art ultra rare holo which has some text errors. I would like to know how much it is worth.
    Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Here is the picture of the Gengar EX 114/199 with text errors

Attachments

• Gengar EX.jpg
      Gengar EX.jpg
      986.9 KB · Views: 6
    Years
  • Here is the picture of the Gengar EX 114/199 with text errors

Sorry, but you ended up with a counterfeit card. Text errors are usually a symptom of that, since text errors are pretty rare on official cards.

Here's several ways that make it apparent the card is a counterfeit:

Every single word on the card (except "Basic" in the top left corner) is in the wrong font. The font used on this counterfeit looks similar to the actual official font at first glance, but there are slight differences that stand out all over the card, such as the "G" in "Gengar" at the top of the card having a "foot", which is something it doesn't have in the official font on the official card.

Every single Energy symbol on the card is the incorrect graphic. They're missing the correct "3D" appearance and lack the white outlines around them that the official version of this Gengar EX has. Oh, and they all touch the outside edges of their graphics, which is something that really never happens on official cards (outside of that time graphics got a little wonky in the Heart Gold and Soul Silver era of sets).

The card also doesn't appear to be grooved. Most Full Art EX cards have a grooved texture to them, and Gengar EX is not one of the exceptions.

A picture of the official card, for reference:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2017
    20170205_191416.jpg

20170205_191431.jpg
    There You Go. Sorry For Bad Lighting.

And Bad Quality. I Can Retake If You Need.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • View attachment 81296

View attachment 81297
    There You Go. Sorry For Bad Lighting.

And Bad Quality. I Can Retake If You Need.

The photo quality's fine. I don't think the value would be more than $1 US, but that's more than it's worth normally.

Mind taking a photo of the back with the glare on the opposite side of the PokeBall from where it was in the photo you posted? There's a part mostly obscured by the lens flare that's a pretty big tell on whether a card is a counterfeit or not, and I'd like to see a photo of that part.

How much is a Shadowless Charizard PSA 9, non-first edition

Best guess (since there are basically no listings out there for one): $150 US.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2017
    (2002, Legendary Collection) - Golduck 43/110, Reverse Holo Foil
    imgur.com/a/K9QAV

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    I recently came across a brand new booster pack of Primal Clash cards. They are stamped 2015 and are out of a set of 160. A few of these cards have some crazy hp's and Im wondering if this MISPRINT is of any value to collectors, if it is even known about, and if they are basically worth my time to look towards selling to a buyer.

The normal version of the card has an HP of 130. With the Sceptile that I found with an HP of a printed value of 9860, yes nine thousand eight hundred and sixty, I don't feel like anyone will take him on in a card game, lol. Everything else on the card is correct.

Any thoughts please let me know, Im curious as to what I should do with these cards! Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_4397.jpg
      IMG_4397.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 6
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2017
    Hi! Today i found in a dusty old box my old TCG holographic cards... nostalgia! Most of them are like 12+ years old. I checked a couple online sites to rate them but couldn't find substantial and definitive answers on it. So i thought i'd ask some experts!
    I have a bunch to rate, so i'll make a couple posts with the ones that are apparently worth more judging by what those sites are telling me.
    Here are the first 4:

(Team Rocket 2000) Dark Charizard 4/82 First Edition Holo

(Aquapolis) Exeggutor H10/H32 Holo

Venusaur (Promo) 13 Holo [sadly i can't post links yet so no photos, are these infos enough? I can't find that many more on the card. He's got 100 HP and has the power "Solar Power"]

(Expedition Base Set) Mew 19/165 Holo

I have a question about this last Mew: making some research, i found out that the one i have, number 19, is rated about 12 $, while there's another one in the same set, number 55, which is 68$! Although the two cards are exactly the same and it looks like 55 isn't holographic. How come there's such a big difference in prices? Is 55 rarer? Or maybe print error?

Thank you for your time. You're a one-of in the internet as far as reliable infos about these prices go, really. I fear i'm gonna abuse this by making a couple more posts after receiving reply. Hope you won't mind. Thanks again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back