• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Movie 8 "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" Discussion

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    There's been a trailer released of the 8th movie. And to everyone's suprise, Mew is the main attraction, rather than a new Pok?mon. According to Murgatroyd of Serebii.net's forums, this is what it said and translated to:

映像が海の上を疾走しながら歴代の映画のシーンが流れ以下のナレーション
    「世界を感動させた数々のポケモン伝説」
    字幕で「すべては、ミュウからはじまった。」
    お城が登場しそしてミュウ登場。
    そして「劇場版ポケットモンスター アドバンスジェネレーション」とタイトルコール。
    水の中に潜り「ミュウと波導の勇者」
    そしてミュウがタイトルの上を通過すると「2005年7月16日(土)公開決定!」と表示

As the image speeds along the ocean's surface, scenes from past movies are played to the following narration.
    "The many Pokemon legends that have impressed the world"
    (subtitled) "All began with Mew."
    A castle appears, then Mew appears.
    Then the "Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation" title scroll.
    Diving into the water, "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero"
    Then Mew crosses above the title and the text "Opens 7/16/2005 (Sat)" is shown.
    Methinks this is also another way for DS users to transfer the Old Sea Chart into their Emerald carts considering how Emerald is the only GBA Pok?mon game that can actually do connectivity with the DS. What's this mean? You can possibly obtain Mew during the movie in your Emerald versions. I'm excited to see how this movie'll turn out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Wow, mew? Wonder if it'll be the same mew from movie one or a brand new one? Is the trailer online yet? Maybe this means that mew might have a evolution line in the 4th gen or have some greater importance to it?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    It'll be the same Mew since it's the only Mew that exists now (remember that Mew's elusive considering it's almost extinct).

The trailer's not online yet, but I'll try and grab it if I happen to spot it. And I'm sure Mew won't have an evolution since no legendary has any evolutions. Just means Mew's role in this movie's gonna be big compared to the secondary character role it had in the first movie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    It'll be the same Mew since it's the only Mew that exists now (remember that Mew's elusive considering it's almost extinct).

The trailer's not online yet, but I'll try and grab it if I happen to spot it. And I'm sure Mew won't have an evolution since no legendary has any evolutions. Just means Mew's role in this movie's gonna be big compared to the secondary character role it had in the first movie.
    Well, I'd sya the Japanese pokemon movie site might have it up soon. Well, maybe this could be the generation that a legendary evolves? You never know...but it does seem unlikely. Though I'm almost certian mew will play some part in the new gen.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Chances are the main site'll have it up tomorrow, but not in the best of qualities (they usually tend to have pretty small, thumbnail-sized clips, even for the HQ ones). If I can get the commercial that aired, I'll host it up since it'd be most likely a HQ TV rip.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ah, good...I remember when I saw the first ad for movie seven on TV, and I tried to get it off the site...it was...less then perfect ^^;.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    If this is true, you know what that means... Third Hoenn Movie, right?

KANTO REDUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're gonna redo Kanto..... They're gonna redo Kanto.....

Pokemon has had a tradition of putting a Legendary Pokemon from the next Region in the last movie of each Region. One of two things os gonna happen if this is true.

Either, Mew is gonna be seen alot in the next Region (possibly a permanent character), or they are redoing Kanto.

This was my prediction! It's coming true... Sorry people, I told you Japan likes to do things like this... Read my topic about Ash for more information...

(Sheds a tear.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I wouldn't go that far^ It just means that Mew might play a part in the 8th movie, or that he's just there as a feature pokemon. I noticed the release date, July? Don't the movie usally come around Feb-May? July is really far off.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Just in case you didn't read the whole post because I was posting at the same time as you:

Pokemon has had a tradition of putting a Legendary Pokemon from the next Region in the last movie of each Region. One of two things os gonna happen if this is true.

Either, Mew is gonna be seen alot in the next Region (possibly a permanent character), or they are redoing Kanto.

This was my prediction! It's coming true... Sorry people, I told you Japan likes to do things like this... Read my topic about Ash for more information...

As I said, if they redo Kanto, it's going to focus on Max and May, not Ash...

I'm not saying he's GOING to leave, but I wouldn't discount the possibility...

This also means there might be another way to get Mew in the games coming... It's not ALL bad.

Note: If it turns out to be a Hosou and not a movie, then disregard everything here. It won't apply.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I read the whole post ^ I don't think Kanto will be redone, unless all the new fourth gen pokemon are found in Kanto, it will be another land. Ash will always be the hero of the story until he wins a league...which is still three leagues off if the rumors hold true.

But we're getting kinda off topic now

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    We're not really getting off topic, because we're STILL talking about the 8th Movie. My point I was trying to make is this. If the main Legendary Pokemon of the last Hoenn Movie is Mew and there are no others, then they will be redoing Kanto as the next Region. It's the FR/LG thing. That's the purpose of it.

Of course, now that I think of it, they might be throwing the audience a 'curve ball'. Maybe Mew is going to become a regular on the show. Kind of like Jigglypuff...

But, we're getting ahead of ourselves. If Mew is in this movie, I hope MewTwo is as well. They have to tie up their loose ends at some point...

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    This'll still take place in Hoenn considering there are no episodes so far leading us to the end of the Hoenn region yet. The reason for this taking a while? Consider how much CGI and animating that has to be done. Not to mention voice acting and getting the Joy Spot in the theater to work on cue when Mew appears in the movie.

And it's really not that far off when you think about it. We're in December right now. It's only 7 months away. The dubbed Deoxys movie should keep us content until the next movie's released.

And it's NOT based off of FRLG. Mew is in Emerald. Japan's giving the audience a way of getting it through Emerald. Hence why it would still be based in Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    SBaby said:
    We're not really getting off topic, because we're STILL talking about the 8th Movie. My point I was trying to make is this. If the main Legendary Pokemon of the last Hoenn Movie is Mew and there are no others, then they will be redoing Kanto as the next Region. It's the FR/LG thing. That's the purpose of it.
    The next movie won't be the Hoenn gen. Satoshi only needs one badge to enter the finals in Japan. I'm sure that by July he'll have done that.

Well, I think this movie might just sense that we'll be getting mew as a important pokemon in the next gen.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Considering the title of the series is still Advanced Generation (since the games started off on the GBA, hence the Advanced), I doubt we'll be leaving Hoenn any time soon. There's still NO INFO on the next generation. Satoshi needs his final badge from Hoenn. Haruka still needs her final ribbon. Then the two need to go to the big competitions. Can't forget the tons of fillers to go before, after and in between them.

Since there's no sign of the series coming to a close yet, I highly doubt we'll be seeing the group pulling an Orange Islands-like thing (thankfully).

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Considering the title of the series is still Advanced Generation (since the games started off on the GBA, hence the Advanced), I doubt we'll be leaving Hoenn any time soon. There's still NO INFO on the next generation. Satoshi needs his final badge from Hoenn. Haruka still needs her final ribbon. Then the two need to go to the big competitions. Can't forget the tons of fillers to go before, after and in between them.

Since there's no sign of the series coming to a close yet, I highly doubt we'll be seeing the group pulling an Orange Islands-like thing (thankfully).
    There won't be as many fillers in this series as there were in the last one. If this were Johto Satoshi would only be at badge 5 or so. Sure he still needs to go to his final battle as does Haruka but that won't take long...welll the league finals might.

The title of the show is going to stay "Pokemon Advanced Generation". Remember AG and the other are two diffrent series. So AG will stay in the title and the crew could have already left Hoenn.

But still one episode a week is cutting it close, so there is a chance that this could be a Hoenn movie. But I just don't really think so, I guess time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Hey, a admin douple posted XD
    Well, maybe emerald version will somehow tie in with the next gen? I still think Hoenn will be over by then.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    We know that mew is in the movie because you can get him in emerald and because of the DS link up. About Mew having some part in the next gen...thats what I'm not sure of.

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Mmmm. Maybe it will end the Pokemon Series Forever? o.O
    And Mew was the first and will be the last Pokemon?

Back