• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Movie 8 "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" Discussion

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Do you mean the Movie or the MewTwo Returns? In MewTwo Returns, MewTwo calls Mew his arch enemy in the flashback, and that's the only reference made to Mew in the special.

My point is that there are still things for the two to resolve, MewTwo being a vigilante now and Mew being... Mew...

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I don't recall ever hearing Mewtwo call Mew his rival in the original or dub of the Mewtwo TV special. o_o I'd have to see it again.

Things were resolved with Mewtwo. It decided to finally trust humans and live his life in the shadows to protect them. Not what I'd call a vigilante. More of a cloaked hero. >_>;

Mew was definately unresolved. Next to no info was given about it. xX

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    I don't recall ever hearing Mewtwo call Mew his rival in the original or dub of the Mewtwo TV special. o_o I'd have to see it again.

Things were resolved with Mewtwo. It decided to finally trust humans and live his life in the shadows to protect them. Not what I'd call a vigilante. More of a cloaked hero. >_>;

Mew was definately unresolved. Next to no info was given about it. xX
    ^ very true, Mew just showed up and wanted to play...which he thought the whole battle was 0o?

So, maybe this will be the end for the Satoshi story? He could loose in Hoenn go back to Kanto as he always does and then reenter the Kanto league finals and win and it ends. Thus giving a new lead for the show.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    And, that will be Max. It has to, because he'll be a Trainer then. Thus, one of my predictions comes true.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    SBaby said:
    And, that will be Max. It has to, because he'll be a Trainer then. Thus, one of my predictions comes true.
    No it won't << It'll be a brand new person so the writer and merchandise can be pimped out.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    If it truely were Masato, then the series would have to go ahead a few years later since Masato's not old enough to handle Pok?mon.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Sorry to double post, but I felt this was needed. The main site is now up and there's a trailer available for viewing. Nothing really story-wise, just the message I gave you guys earlier. And the quality seems to be alot better and easier to see.

There's even two movie posters:

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Sorry to double post, but I felt this was needed. The main site is now up and there's a trailer available for viewing. Nothing really story-wise, just the message I gave you guys earlier. And the quality seems to be alot better and easier to see.

There's even two movie posters:

That is why we have the edit button my firend^^

https://www.pokemon2005.jp/movie/trailer.html

Trailer

So we might get a short this year? I hope so, so I take it Gonbe will be in it ^^

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Don't be too sure about a short. Japan did the same thing last year. Notice how the logo is just about the same as the main movie's. The seventh movie did the same thing. Chances are Gonbe'll be making another appearance since the previous alternate poster featured Pikachu, Plusle and Minun and all three were in the Deoxys movie.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Don't be too sure about a short. Japan did the same thing last year. Notice how the logo is just about the same as the main movie's. The seventh movie did the same thing. Chances are Gonbe'll be making another appearance since the previous alternate poster featured Pikachu, Plusle and Minun and all three were in the Deoxys movie.
    Oh ya you're right >< That would suck if we didn't get another mini this year. They really didn't do anything with the extra 30 min from movie 7.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    They might redeem themselves with this one. With the way things have been going, they might do well with this. And I'm hearing that the seventh movie's DVD will include a Pikachu Short.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    They might redeem themselves with this one. With the way things have been going, they might do well with this. And I'm hearing that the seventh movie's DVD will include a Pikachu Short.
    That short aired on some Japanese airlines this fall. Just some info. I hope it does, I heard its good.

GYM LEADDER A

Has changed to Onizuka04
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2004
    Mew sould have seen that comming.In every movie they show a legendary.They did not show ho-ho and the rejis.I thought it would be them.

Last edited:

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Well, Ho-Oh's whole story has been done and we've already learned enough about it. Mew hasn't had ANY sort of role except for fighting Mewtwo, which wasn't even much to speak of. The Regis have barely any story going for them. All we know is that they were sealed away by humans. That's it. The story writers would have to pull a story out of their rear ends to do something for the Regis.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Um...are you kidding? Ho-Oh's story hasn't even been touched. Other then Satoshi first saw it in Kanto, then he went to the burning tower and then before he left for Hoenn. We know next to nothing about the thing, a movie aboutwould shed some light.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Did you not see the Johto episode involving Suicune, the Crystal Bells and Eusine? o_O There was alot to do with Ho-Oh in it. It explained how Ho-Oh was the one who created the Legendary Beasts and what-not. Everything GSC touched was explained in the anime regarding Ho-Oh. o_O

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Well, yes...but that isn't what I was talking about. It didn't explain how Satoshi and Ho-Oh are connected...and don't tell me their not.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    It would seem if they eer replace Ash, it would be with Max. However, it seems to me that Mew would appear in a new region. I don't know why, but I have a feeling this is not in Kanto. It's just a feeling though. I could be mistaken. Still, if the writers know what they're doing, then they know that Ash leaving woudl be a major upset and could very well doom the show. Unless that is there intention, I think they'll steer clear of that for now.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    They aren't. o_O At all. Satoshi has a nack for meeting Legendary Pok?mon and it's explained in Colosseum that Ho-Oh only really allows trainers with pure hearts and that are worthy enough to be able to see it. Ho-Oh, in the anime, signaled to the viewers that a new begining was about to unfold. It happened in the first episode and it happened in the second to last episode of Pocket Monsters.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    They aren't. o_O At all. Satoshi has a nack for meeting Legendary Pok?mon and it's explained in Colosseum that Ho-Oh only really allows trainers with pure hearts and that are worthy enough to be able to see it. Ho-Oh, in the anime, signaled to the viewers that a new begining was about to unfold. It happened in the first episode and it happened in the second to last episode of Pocket Monsters.
    Oh you know they are XD The movies started with Mew, but the anime started with Ho-Oh >>;;

Back