• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Movie 8 "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" Discussion

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The next Movie is going to be like the third Johto Movie. It takes place after the end of the Hoenn League, and features at least one Legendary Pokemon that will be used in the next Generation of Pokemon. That's the pattern the series has been following.

If Mew is the only Legendary Pokemon in the Movie (which I doubt), then either he will be important in the next Generation, or they will redo Kanto.

Here's an interesting fact though (and a hopeful one as well). In Japan, Game Freaks supposedly had a Poll in one of their Jump Magazines asking which Legendary Pokemon fans of the series would like to see more of. Surprisingly, Mew was voted as #1, followed by Jirachi and then MewTwo. This poll supposedly happened at the end of 2003, when the Jirachi Movie came out in Japan and was closed in the early January Issue. I just don't know which Jump Magazine had the poll.

Of course, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, maybe the 8th Movie is a sign of things to come, and not just a foreshadowing of the next Region...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Jess said:
    Mmmm. Maybe it will end the Pokemon Series Forever? o.O
    And Mew was the first and will be the last Pokemon?
    I highly doubt it. There is a 4th generation Pok?mon coming up en there is still a Pok?mon game to be released for the Nintendo DS, so it's far from over I guess.

Kinda supprising to see Mew back though. I've heard that the Deoxys movie was quite disappointing, let's hope this one is better.

Last edited:

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
    Kanto will be not be reused. Do you think Ash will be battling the same gym leaders over again? come on!

Mew is in EMERALD: which is HOENN. Mew can't be set in Kanto, just because it was one of the first 151 pkmn. We never caught a wild Mew in the game, and the fact that Mew is a unique wild Pok?mon doesn't mean it has to be wondering around one place.

I think the new hero must be a Pok?mon (a water type of some kind), rather than Ash. Ash has been already a hero at Pokemon 2000 & Pok?mon 5, he kinda helped out in the first movie and the 3rd one, and Max and Jirachi were the main characters in the 6th....

If it's not a Pok?mon the hero after all, maybe May can take up Ash's hero place for once...who knows! XD

Jess

Banned
    Years
    PoKeSaFaRi said:
    Kanto will be not be reused. Do you think Ash will be battling the same gym leaders over again? come on!
    PoKeSaFaRi said:

Mew is in EMERALD: which is HOENN. Mew can't be set in Kanto, just because it was one of the first 151 pkmn. We never caught a wild Mew in the game, and the fact that Mew is a unique wild Pok?mon doesn't mean it has to be wondering around one place.

I think the new hero must be a Pok?mon (a water type of some kind), rather than Ash. Ash has been already a hero at Pokemon 2000 & Pok?mon 5, he kinda helped out in the first movie and the 3rd one, and Max and Jirachi were the main characters in the 6th....

If it's not a Pok?mon the hero after all, maybe May can take up Ash's hero place for once...who knows! XD

Yay! I wouldn`t mind seeing May as the movie`s star.And the only reason I hated the 6th film was because of Max. *Stabs Max with Pen* Max is annoying -_-'
    Anyways, I like the idea that mew is back.o.O I wonder if they`re be any appearance by new Pokemon.And what the mini-film will be.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Unown_ said:
    I highly doubt it. There is a 4th generation Pok?mon coming up en there is still a Pok?mon game to be released for the Nintendo DS, so it's far from over I guess.

Kinda supprising to see Mew back though. I've heard that the Deoxys movie was quite disappointing, let's hope this one is better.
    Doesn't mean that they can't continue the series with a different cast. Digimon's done three times and made it clear that it was a new series each time it changed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Doesn't mean that they can't continue the series with a different cast. Digimon's done three times and made it clear that it was a new series each time it changed.
    Ya, but with Digimon the final goal was reached, I always thought we'd get someone new after ash finally won a league.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    PoKeSaFaRi said:

You hit the nail on the head. ASH won't battle the Gym Leaders. Max will!

Here's some food for thought. The 3 Regis are shown in the Japanese Opening of the third part of Advanced Generation, as well as all of the Legendaries, including Mew, who is seen flying with Jirachi. Check the topic regarding this for more info and remember that the third Hoenn Movie happens after the Hoenn League ends.

As for Movie 8, we'll see what happens when it comes out...

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Considering how hush hush this movie is, you can tell something BIG is coming. Methinks this is one of those "Mew started it all and finishes all" thing. Mew and Mewtwo were the first movie characters and Mew's DNA is responsible for the creation of Mewtwo. Mew started a legend there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Considering how hush hush this movie is, you can tell something BIG is coming. Methinks this is one of those "Mew started it all and finishes all" thing. Mew and Mewtwo were the first movie characters and Mew's DNA is responsible for the creation of Mewtwo. Mew started a legend there.
    Could be, so if this is the last movie it might mean when Satoshi returns to Kanto after the Hoenn leauge, he'll try again at the Kanto lague and win?

Gotta say, not all that happy about the new music. The OP itself is great, but really need to work on the music.

Last edited:

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Yeah, the music's not too great for the new opening. It would be much more fitting for the finale whenever it comes about, right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Yeah, the music's not too great for the new opening. It would be much more fitting for the finale whenever it comes about, right?
    Not really, it was kinda low grade for instramental music. But for a ending it would be good if they touched it up, for like a finale episode before Satoshi left.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    PoKeSaFaRi said:

Actually, I saw a friend of mine catch a wild mew in Blue just earlier today. Without a gameshark.

I approve of the fact that they are reintroducing old characters. They've been focusing so much on introducing new ones, they ahven't really allowed us to get intimate with the older ones and give them more depth to a point where we can truly enjoy them. Ibelieve that if they do make this a true movie, that fans of the first movie will come rushing back. and Everyone knows the first movie is possibly the best.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Third movie pwns all!!!!!ONE11!!

^random rant ^^;

I think this will help us get more people back into the show. It could also mean the end of the Satoshi journey and have a new main lead.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I just posted my two predictions about Pokemon on the Season 4 Theme topic, so I won't post them here. If Mew is in this one, MewTwo should be as well. Like I said before, they have some loose ends to tie up.

I also think the 3 Regis (There are ALWAYS Giant Robots. Always.) will be in it. Maybe Mew has something to do with them...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Mewtwo and Mew loose ends were all tied up in the "Mewtwo returns" special a few years ago.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    Actually, I saw a friend of mine catch a wild mew in Blue just earlier today. Without a gameshark.
    Glitches DON'T count as an actual thing. e_e

blue said:
    Mewtwo and Mew loose ends were all tied up in the "Mewtwo returns" special a few years ago.
    I dunno what you saw, but there were no loose ends tied up for Mew in that special considering Mew's ONLY appearance was in Mewtwo's dreams. o_O Certainly nothing was explained about Mew in the first movie or the TV special.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Er... Mew wasn't even IN MewTwo Returns... They tied up MewTwo's attitude toward humans, but not the rivalry between Mew and MewTwo.

He even said in MewTwo Returns that Mew was his arch enemy in the flashback.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I meant the mewtwo-mew thingy. The mew story arc still has a LOT of explaing to do and I've been waiting for...what 6 years?

Mewtwo-mew rivalry is over it ended with movie one.

Back