• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The responces fit, but if you cause a feud over the girl and keep complaining then it rightfully needs to go in the sticky that Sugar posted. Now, I honestly like the girl, and the only question I had about her at first is when I took a quick glimps at he legs because I was wondering what that was about...But I got it now xD [lol].

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    They do, but if you haven't noticed this isn't exactely the place to complain about it, all it's doing is cluttering up this thread.
    Sure, you are able to say you don't like her in here, but not over and over again, there is a sticky for that. =/
    Hadn't been complaining that much, I didn't think? I only said my opinion on here just the once in this thread after all (which as pointed out is for saying what are yours thoughts), and I do like to back up my posts by saying why I think such-and-such on particular questions.

Yet again - I don't mind the new girl too much just atm - her hat is a bit 'meh', would have liked to see Krs again as a throwback to the first female player, rather than what they look like, and it doesn't matter much to me anyways... so not too much complaining in that opinion I hope. =P

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years

Psyburn, you are making multiple posts about the same crap involving the girl.
    One post gets the point across, kthx.

Really? I could've sworn I was in discussions about sprite details, version differences, making a joke about fashion sense, how silly people try to dictate whether or not a character is the same or not, and correcting you on your accusation of me complaining about "no battle tower" when I indicated nothing of that sort. Not to mention my last post before this was stating the responses in the thread are part of the discussion...unless of course the OC intended on something differently aside from poll choices that have two "dont like" choices in it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    On other terms, I sure am hopeful that they'll show us how her spriting in the game appears to look. I think her spriting ight look something liek the girl in FRLG for some reason though, since they have similar wardrobe in a way.

Years
    (I think this thread should be closed.) If anything, just put your complaints in the complaint thread. It's almost the same exact thing. I'm not saying that people can't have a difference of opinion. I'm just saying they don't have to be obnoxious about it. Posting in every single thread repeatedly that you hate a character gets a little repetitive and annoying. We heard you all the first time. You don't like the new girl either because of her outfit or because of Kris. Okay. Just stop posting the same thing in every thread. If anything complain about her only in this topic or in the complaint thread. Please. I'm sorry if anyone is upset over my post. I just don't want every thread to be about the new girl.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    (I think this thread should be closed.) If anything, just put your complaints in the complaint thread. It's almost the same exact thing. I'm not saying that people can't have a difference of opinion. I'm just saying they don't have to be obnoxious about it. Posting in every single thread repeatedly that you hate a character gets a little repetitive and annoying. We heard you all the first time. You don't like the new girl either because of her outfit or because of Kris. Okay. Just stop posting the same thing in every thread. If anything complain about her only in this topic or in the complaint thread. Please. I'm sorry if anyone is upset over my post. I just don't want every thread to be about the new girl.

Tis cool.

All in agreement to lock?

The Red Chain

I wanna apologize myself for 'yelling'. It's just annoying when you hear a lot of people say the same things about the character designs constantly.

I think Todoroki Is has to request the lock since it's his thread after all.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No. Cause some people(including me but I wanted it only to stop but you guys HAD to continue) want to be jerks about it and complain doesn't warrant a thread lock. All that should be done is to give them a warning. I love how people hate her and not the new gold. Just sayinf I mean I love him just some people might. So seriously this is to post your opinion on the new girl. Not the replacing of Kris. Yes you are right. The request to lock comes from the thread owner if he sees it fit or by the mods if it is out of control. So people just stick to the topic!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For Example: Yes, I like the new girl, because her new style goes along with Johto's country style very well. Really it does in my opinion.

Finnel

Years
    For Example: Yes, I like the new girl, because her new style goes along with Johto's country style very well. Really it does in my opinion.
    Further Example: I disagree with you because I have always seen Johto as an oriental region (Violet City being a big contributor to that) and the new girl certainly doesn't look oriental at all. However, I respect your opinion and won't bash you for it.

Being civil is AWESOME! =D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    She's wearing dungarees >.<
    Her hat is a bit annoying me. That's all.
    I wouldn't wear one.
    Anyway, I don't hate her or love her or anything. An indifferance.

Years
    Further Example: I disagree with you because I have always seen Johto as an oriental region (Violet City being a big contributor to that) and the new girl certainly doesn't look oriental at all. However, I respect your opinion and won't bash you for it.

That's all I was truly asking for. (The thread closing idea was just a way to hopefully end the repetitive arguing of people saying the exact same thing over and over in every thread on here. I know it's up to the creator of the thread or a mod to close it.) I was just making a simple suggestion.

I don't hate the new character, but I don't see any reason as to why I should hate her. I understand how you feel that your favorite character is replaced by someone new. (Especially to someone who isn't as trendy as some of the other female characters.) (That's how I felt when May replaced Misty on the show, but that was years ago. I got over it.)

(I'm sorry if I upset anyone.)

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    If you ask me, she's the same exact character with a bad make over (IMO). But there's other things to stress out over...like if they're gonna destroy the Rival's design :(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I dont hate her,I think she's Cute and Adorable,She's fine And i like her outfit(It fits her) The hat isnt a big Problem,Lucas have a Big hat,I actully seem to like her more when i see her.
    The hat suits her,No offense.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    No. Cause some people(including me but I wanted it only to stop but you guys HAD to continue) want to be jerks about it and complain doesn't warrant a thread lock. All that should be done is to give them a warning. I love how people hate her and not the new gold. Just sayinf I mean I love him just some people might. So seriously this is to post your opinion on the new girl. Not the replacing of Kris. Yes you are right. The request to lock comes from the thread owner if he sees it fit or by the mods if it is out of control. So people just stick to the topic!

Thats because Gold wasn't changed all that bad. Honestly, I think that this new Heidi character is kind of like Pearl in DPPt, ... In other words, not actually Crys.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The girl, I highly doubt is Kris redone, but anyway it is, I still like her for the new idea...

Years
    I appreciate the fact that Nintendo tried something a little different even though many people are upset over her appearance and that a certain someone wasn't included in the game. I'm sorry to those of you who don't like the new girl. Hopefully, her sprites look better than the artwork of her. Besides, we could always play as Gold. Can't we? :) We have 2 choices of a character this time. Not just one. It's not all bad. Things happen for a reason. (Maybe it's a hint that Crystal can still be remade. Maybe not anytime soon, but you never know what the future holds.)

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012

Gold does not look "oriental" as well...to me at least.
    He looks like an average kid from a small town equipped with comfortable clothes and is about to go on a POKEMON ADVENTURRRRR.

Back