• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

The Red Chain

Battle Tower Introduced in Crystal and has been kept since. I have no doubts in my mind that it will get removed simply because it was not in Gold and Silver prior. And as I have said before, if the Suicune storyline is implemented again, that argument is completely out of the window.

We've had three games straight with Battle Tower.. you guys are being far too picky.
    We wanted this remake for years and you guys have nerve to complain about such little things.
    So what if Battle Tower is left out? If you wanna challenge it pull out Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum.

On-topic, the girl is fine, and if you want Kris play Crystal. =/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    We've had three games straight with Battle Tower.. you guys are being far too picky.
    We wanted this remake for years and you guys have nerve to complain about such little things.
    So what if Battle Tower is left out? If you wanna challenge it pull out Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum.

On-topic, the girl is fine, and if you want Kris play Crystal. =/

I for one could not have stated that better. If you want to have your Crystal features or play Crystal then pull our your GBA and your old cartridge and have your fun. If you don't have it, then go to eBay, you'll get it there. To me, the girl matches Johto better then Crystal does too...She looks as she can come from the Miltank Farm x__x

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Everyone the girl is there for stay. I don't see no one who could change the fact that she will be in the game. Thus the girl shouldn't go in your head and change the fact of getting the game, there is the boy you could play the game with. She is more Johto-like to me and she does look like a Johto farm girl.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I dont see where I was complaining about Battle Tower....
    Please...spare me the "you're selfish" arguments. I dont think I should apologize for caring how well/badly designed characters are. It gives a certain appeal to the overrall experience, along with the character's personalities.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    >D Put her next to the 'old' Gold. Of course she's going to look better, the picture of Kris was drawn over ten years ago (in a to be completely honest, HORRIBLE art style. ¬¬).
    And as for fashion, it was the nineties, people. Weren't three-quarter lengths cooler then?

I don't understand HOW she's not replacing Kris. I mean, they were hardly going to make the remakes with a female player character, and who is the female player character from Johto... It does seem a tad sexist (or am I reading to much into it) that Gold gets a remake and she never will...

All that aside, seriously, dungrees needs a name! :D

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hate to break it to you, but Fire Red and Leaf Green are Remakes of Red and Green of Japan. Blue was the REAL third version and as such, we got THAT version in the form of two. Yellow was simply made to be a version of the tv show and nothing more. Its practically a fourth version more than anything, but no, BLUE was the third version, not Yellow.
    Blue have no Deffrence exept fo the pokemon in it,Yellow does even though its not the Third Version since its still a version and A Remake,So i still think what i said was true.

The Red Chain

I dont see where I was complaining about Battle Tower.... Please...spare me the "you're selfish" arguments. I dont think I should apologize for caring how well/badly designed characters are. It gives a certain appeal to the overrall experience, along with the character's personalities.

Look, if you absolutely can't stand the new girl, play as Gold.
    If you can't stand Gold then I don't know what to tell you.
    Whether you argue about this or not, the new character designs are decided, no point complaining any more.
    Argument needs to end now before this gets unnecessarily ugly. =/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Now moving on, I think that if the girl was added into GS 10 years ago, there would be ahuge difference with her from them to now...Like Gold, there's a lot of changes in him, but he's still him...

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Exactly. Its too drastic of a change, and unlike Red, it doesn't look good for the better.

Not trying to start it up again. Just saying.

And if the Rival gets screwwed, im (tw)itching for as long as I need to.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    I dont see where I was complaining about Battle Tower.... Please...spare me the "you're selfish" arguments. I dont think I should apologize for caring how well/badly designed characters are. It gives a certain appeal to the overrall experience, along with the character's personalities.

Exactly. Just because we finally got the remakes doesn't mean we can't complain about a bad character design. In my opinion, It's not really the hat, or even the clothes (if you look closely it just seems like a shirt that looks like overalls and then blue shorts) but the thing it, Kris and Gold from Crystal actually looked around the same age! Here, the new gold looks like 1-2 years Older than her. And I can't just play Crystal when I want to see Kris because I don t have it, or the original GS. DX but if you guys like the new girl that's okay... I just can't see what's good about her, besides the fact that her hat is awesome lol. (but pink is still annoying. isn't it stereotypical?)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Now moving on, I think that if the girl was added into GS 10 years ago, there would be ahuge difference with her from them to now...Like Gold, there's a lot of changes in him, but he's still him...
    What you said might be true.

If she is The female(I mean if they made a female choice 10 years ago) People wont complain because they Used to her.But they didnt do it so thats why people Complaining.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I dont see how people are saying its a different character. People say FR's Red is still Red. Thats the new Krys (silly fan name maybe?) regardless of how people try to justify it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    People are forgetting that it's the internet and Pokemon forums, where such things do and will be debated on, like it or not. =P And IMO, people have a right to say if they preferred the original girl trainer or not over the new girl, for whatever reason. Differing opinions and all that jazz.

Myself, personally I am kinda surprised to see that the girl player has changed. Sure, there's the fact that this is a GS remake... yet this seems too minor a thing to use to simply explain why she is gone like this. Does this mean that in the unlikely case that Crystal gets remade after HG/SS, they'll ditch the new girl for her, just because it is based on Crystal and not GS? Or that because it's based on GS, they should have left it at only a male trainer in Gold? I'm unconvinced.

That's also then the fact that it almost sounds like saying that nothing from Crystal should find its way into HG/SS, as it's just a GS remake and hence anything Crystal shouldn't be put in, which is kinda silly, IMO. I guess it's more simply that the designers wanted something new, or just thought her a good idea, etc, etc.

I am a touch disappointed to see Krys not be the playable character (somehow I doubt they'd go and add her in as one now - they had their chance to promote her if that were the case, so the best one could hope for is a cameo?) mostly as she was, after all, the first female playable character in the main Pokemon games. Seems now that possibly she mightn't show up at all, and I would have liked to have seen her back in, given that she has had some history with Johto already. Whether she does or not in some shape or form is another matter. Then there's the fact that I was used to the blue hair and all of Kris in my many hours spent replaying Crystal. XD

The new girl... well, she does have a sort of farm-y/mario-like look. XD She's ok, I guess, but nothing special, and I'm not quite the fan of giant hats either (it does seem a touch too big for my liking, but eh). But what I'm mostly interested in is her character, rather than her looks in the end, given that according to Coro Coro, she will have a support-like role in the game, similar to Dawn/Lucas. I was not all that impressed with those two, so I hope that they make her somewhat interesting at least personality-wise, and that she doesn't have to double battle with you against people while using none-too-impressive Pokemon (Clefairy, I'm talking about you!). Sprites and all would be interesting as well, but my main interest is how she (or Gold if one chooses her) would go as another 'support-rival'. Especially as Silver is in as the Rival and I'd rather not see him overshadowed - that's the character that I 'care' about a decent amount from GSC.

It's none that great an 'issue' for me in the end - myself, I'm really...mixed on it, have to say. Maybe more towards Krys just because it would have been nice to see her again, for nostalgia's sake, but that's basically it for me.

Last edited:

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Sure, there's the fact that this is a GS remake... yet this seems too minor a thing to use to simply explain why she is gone like this. Does this mean that in the unlikely case that Crystal gets remade after HG/SS, they'll ditch the new girl for her, just because it is based on Crystal and not GS? Or that because it's based on GS, they should have left it at only a male trainer in Gold? I'm unconvinced.

That's also then the fact that it almost sounds like saying that nothing from Crystal should find its way into HG/SS, as it's just a GS remake and hence anything Crystal shouldn't be put in, which is kinda silly, IMO. I guess it's more simply that the designers wanted something new, or just thought her a good idea, etc, etc.

THANK YOU! THANK FRIGGIN YOU!

The Red Chain

People are forgetting that it's the internet and Pokemon forums, where such things do and will be debated on, like it or not. =P And IMO, people have a right to say if they preferred the original girl trainer or not over the new girl, for whatever reason. Differing opinions and all that jazz.

They do, but if you haven't noticed this isn't exactely the place to complain about it, all it's doing is cluttering up this thread.
    Sure, you are able to say you don't like her in here, but not over and over again, there is a sticky for that. =/

Idk about you, but the thread asks if you love/hate the character. I'd say the responses fit regardless of difference in opinion.

Psyburn, you are making multiple posts about the same crap involving the girl.
    One post gets the point across, kthx.

Hadn't been complaining that much, I didn't think?

No no, not you.

Last edited:
    Back