• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I personally LOVE her. She's so cute, I love her overalls and I want her giant hat. <3 It's like they asked themselves, "If we were two generations behind and we had to design a new female character, what would they look like?"

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    The one thing I absolutely HATED about Kris is that her character design seems so stiff and too much like a girl-ified carbon copy of Gold. And her Jewish hat. D:

The new girl is growing on me every time I see her picture. She looks cuter already.

And for everyone who's saying that Kris had a backpack; No, she had a handbag like the new girl.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Yeah... don't really like how she looks. Though, to be honest, never liked the way any of the trainers looked. Always wished they'd give you more than one to choose from, but eh. Definitely could have gave us a better female though.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I Agree completely with this!! She looks like a little kid, wheras the girl characters in the other games looked older. Plus I liked Kris...
    She's supposed to be 10 years old. As far as I'm concerned, she is a kid.

The other girls look like they've been inhaling hormones.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I like her character design, though I wish she looked a little more similar to Gold. I do like her better than Crystal though. I voted yes, I don't ram in the face on the first date ( I kid, I kid).

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I'm actually really not liking the new girl for HGSS. She just looks weird to me. Personally, I was expecting Crystal (from Crystal version) and not really a completely different character.... It's not that bad, but I just dislike the design.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ...I only have one thing to say on her...

She has very very VERY big shoes.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Plus, you know what I think is the biggest stereotype? PINK!! Pink pink pink! IT ANNOYED ME TO DEATH in the Poketch. And now it looks like the girl's pokegear will be pink DDDDDX

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    Personally, I don't like her. But, I mean, come on, you have to have seen it coming from three miles away. Before Heart Gold and Soul Silver were ever even announced and it was just merely still speculation, I KNEW they would replace Crystal because Crystal is for Crystal. And Crystal isn't going to be remade.

FireRed and LeafGreen featured Red and Blue as the main characters Hero/Heroine but they had to change Blue's name to the Japanese's Green to meet with LeafGreen which brought back to the original Green and Red games where there was really no Blue to start with.

The character "Gary"/Rival is named Green. The female is Blue. But because you can't play as two guys they had to change Blue's name to Green so you could choose to be her. Her official name is Blue, and Satoshi Tajiri said himself that he hated ever having to call her Green as Blue was the perfect name to fit her personally and she was, respectively, one of his personal favourite characters. However, things have to bend to the game's will sometimes..

Same deal here.

Crystal just can't be Crystal if there is no Crystal game. I DID think they would just change Crystal's name to Silver(The Redheaded Rival) and change Silver's name to Crystal like they did with FireRed and LeafGreen. But, Silver's character has so many fans they wouldn't try to do that, unlike with Gary where they figured no one cared about his character to start with.

What they disregarded is the fact Crystal has fans too, like silver. But again, there is no Crystal so why would there be a character named Crystal? It's only sense.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
    I don't know about you guys, but I think she's very sexy cute. (Yes, I deserve a rip for that)

I like her character design and stuff and that ridiculous hat as well. (I'm basically saying what has been said pages ago)

And... I never really like Crystal that much anyways. (Yes, shoot me if you want)
    So, I'm all cool with this new person who remains nameless for the time being, yes.

Years
    Shes okay. Im not a massive fan, obviobsly, and overalls? Well, thats weird. But its better then Dawn. Since When do 10 year olds wear miniskirts? * shot* But shes okay, but, i will be playing as Gold, because Gold is absolute pwnage.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I really hate her outfit. :| The hair would be nice if it wasn't screwed over by that balloon hat. Over all (btw, overalls too? come on), her fashion is just way too boring and old fashioned for my likings.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I personally am a fan of the new female character. <3 She's awesome.

I know why most hate her though, definitely not because of Crystal, it's because she's got more clothes than skin... that's it, isn't it, boys? You guys grew too attached to Dawn and May. :( lol
    Yeah i kinda agreed(May and Dawn xD)

Though i have to say this for all you who say"Kris should be in even if G/S dosnt have female THEY STILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO REMOVER HER FROM THE REMAKE!!!!" Is like saying In FR/LG "Why isnt the starter following you,In yellow they do!!" Or "Why isnt Pikachu a Starter,In yellow it is they have no right to remove PIKACHU!!!!!" No offense though,Adding Kris wont make It and G/S remake but it will make it More like a Crystal remake.
    Get over it People G/S is already made and thats what we want right? And now Alot of People whining because of Replacing Kris.Seriously its a game.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Cady Heron thanks I needed this!
    Seriously now look at her. Tell me she doesn't look perfect for a Johto heroine role next to gold.

Back