• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    omg i LOVE THIS GIRL!

to me...i really didnt like Kris THAT much...

lol she is os much more...asthetically pleasing...i dont know...to me Kris looked weird o.O

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I like the new girl. But I never really liked Crystal, so I'm kinda happy they chose to create a new character. I do like her to have a more interesting haircolor I want a girl with pink hair XD
    Why can't5 they let the player choose that (because it's a fixed character but meh :/ )
    But it's not really this important.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

This is MUCH better :)
    At least if they decided to make Crystal this way it would be ok...

I have to disagree, because this colored image someone messed with just made it look terrible. I mean tehy gray hat, ew! The way they have the new female hero is fine, and I think people kind of need to accept the fact now...

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I love her 8D She's soo cute,I really love her hat! It looks so round and poofy :3
    Besides she's different from the others.

The Red Chain

I actually like her more than Crystal because the new girl just seems more, Johto-like.

Thank you.. for god sake stop making such a huge deal about Crystal.
    She was in Crystal.. this is Gold and Silver..

I love the new girl, she is extremely unique and doesn't follow the skirt stereotype the other heroines have going on.
    Be happy you can be a girl at all. =/
    I'll be happy to play as her when the games are released.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    I have to disagree, because this colored image someone messed with just made it look terrible. I mean tehy gray hat, ew! The way they have the new female hero is fine, and I think people kind of need to accept the fact now...

I really meant the color scheme, not THAT image specifically.
    But of course, we _have_ to accept her if we _want_ to play the game. But that would not ever change the fact that I want some updated art of Crystal. I mean, what she did to the world? Ash is getting updated with every anime season, we didn't needed any yellow remake to see him again. /miss Crystal :(

BryanDX

Rookie detective
    Years
    What if thats Crystal think about it Red got a make over in firered and leaf green and Leaf was never in red,blue,yellow,and green so what if this is Crystal just in a make over look.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Crystal, she may still be put in the game as one of the aids for the Prof. seeing as she wanted to be one before. If so, we might see her in the upstairs of the Prof.'s lab...That's always a possibility. Also, if you don't like the female character, then play as the boy as if it truly were a pure GS remake...

Reactions: GFA
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    All the complaing in the world isn't going to change the girl. So just get used to her, or be a boy. Personally, I love her.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The reason hate her is, its not Crystal, the games weren't called, Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Heidi

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Haha, I think they could've made a better female character but I don't think Leaf(?) was that great either. I don't hate her I guess

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The reason hate her is, its not Crystal, the games weren't called, Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Heidi

zomg, Heidi Version was a drag. No blue hair.

Haha, I think they could've made a better female character but I don't think Leaf(?) was that great either. I don't hate her I guess

Leaf? She was modeled after Blue from the manga.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    I miss Crystal. ): Even though I never actually play as the girl character, I've always associated Crystal as my favorite of the females. They should've just kept her in and revived her, this new girl is creepy (especially that hat...)

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years

ROFLMAO hahahaha!

That's the point, the girl seems really out of place, where Crystal would fit niftly.
    I'm hoping to see her AT LEAST as Prof. Elm's assistant. Who knows, she may even help Bill with the Storage System :D

Oh, also: Epic Blue Hair is Epic, wait, Epics are purple, well, then Blue Hair is rare? [/worldofwarcraftjoke]

Reactions: GFA

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    her sprite will make me decide 2 or 3 but for now it is by far 3

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    zomg, Heidi Version was a drag. No blue hair.

Leaf? She was modeled after Blue from the manga.

If Leaf was modeled from the manga, then this girl could actually be kris because kris had brown hair in the manga.

You know what, I bet that if the new girl was Krys, you wouldn't be hating on her so much.

Years
    What if thats Crystal think about it Red got a make over in firered and leaf green and Leaf was never in red,blue,yellow,and green so what if this is Crystal just in a make over look.

Yes, but Leaf was based off of the proposed design for R/B/Y/G's intended female character, so in a sense, she never replaced anyone. And Red merely got a clothing redesign (And a slight change of hair style, but still the same basic design)- he didn't die his hair brown and get a hat the size of a Big Mac.

EDIT: I just realized that it'd be impossible for Red to dye his hair brown. xD

If Leaf was modeled from the manga, then this girl could actually be kris because kris had brown hair in the manga.

You know what, I bet that if the new girl was Krys, you wouldn't be hating on her so much.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but wasn't the manga in black and white? And yeah, if that is Kris, I'd hate her a bit less. xD

Bay

Years
    I think she looks adorable. However, not feeling it on the huge hat and long stockings. The hat would have been better if it's smaller. ^^;

Back