• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Her character design is fine.(I even like the overalls) It's the color scheme that irks me a little. If it were more Gold and Silverish, then she would look like a real Johto trainer. But that's something I can easily get over.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Yes, but Leaf was based off of the proposed design for R/B/Y/G's intended female character, so in a sense, she never replaced anyone. And Red merely got a clothing redesign (And a slight change of hair style, but still the same basic design)- he didn't die his hair brown and get a hat the size of a Big Mac.

EDIT: I just realized that it'd be impossible for Red to dye his hair brown. xD

Sorry if I'm wrong, but wasn't the manga in black and white? And yeah, if that is Kris, I'd hate her a bit less. xD

The cover art (which is colored) for the G/S manga arc had Krys with brown hair, I believe.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Technically, there was not a female character for Gold nor Silver, so they have to make one from scratch. I know, there's also Crystal, but she was a protagonist in Pokémon Crystal. Yeah, she's also in Gen. II, but she wasn't in Gold nor Silver.

I think the female protagonist for HG/SS is okay. I'm not good at making criticisms for something like this, so I'm stopping here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I dont care how she look like, she's alway Kris to me :P
    And in pokemon red and green (also blue and yellow) the female trainer didn't appear but in FR?LG they added female into right? They simply does similar thing with HG/SS

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    The new girl isn't replacing anybody. You already know Krys didn't exist until Crystal...You also know its a GS remake not GSC. The opposite gender in the game actually does something. And also, do you hate her outfit because its something you can actually find a girl wearing??? nuff said for now...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Technically, there was not a female character for Gold nor Silver, so they have to make one from scratch. I know, there's also Crystal, but she was a protagonist in Pokémon Crystal. Yeah, she's also in Gen. II, but she wasn't in Gold nor Silver.

I think the female protagonist for HG/SS is okay. I'm not good at making criticisms for something like this, so I'm stopping here.

Exactly what I've stated before. I also must add that the color scheme for the new female is perfectly fine and goes along well. Sure it could havebeen better, but what we have isn't terrible either.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The post above is genious. Having a new girl that is unique, stylish, and definitely new is all better for the GS remake, especially since it is original.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I personally am a fan of the new female character. <3 She's awesome.

I know why most hate her though, definitely not because of Crystal, it's because she's got more clothes than skin... that's it, isn't it, boys? You guys grew too attached to Dawn and May. :( lol

Years
    To be honest, I don't like her design. Kind of disappointed Kris isn't in, but what's done is done.

I can't truly pass judgment on it until at least I see more of her (especially sprites), if not play the game itself. I'm sure she'll be a good character -- I haven't hated anyone in Pokemon, ever -- but unless her sprites make her look cooler, I don't think I'll ever like her outfit. :/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I personally am a fan of the new female character. <3 She's awesome.

I know why most hate her though, definitely not because of Crystal, it's because she's got more clothes than skin... that's it, isn't it, boys? You guys grew too attached to Dawn and May. :( lol

BeachBoy you sure know how to get right through the guys xD...But no, I actually like this new girl simply because her design is more modern and it fits to be in the Johto. I think their idea for originality sticks, and keeping Crystal in Crystal works fine for me...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    tHEY Might AS wELl geT riD Of ThE MalE CHArtcetER ToO
    Okay... They can't do anything different with the male character because he was in Gold and Silver, so it would make sense that he would be re-introduced into the remakes. The new girl also makes sense, because they can't re-introduce the Crystal girl, because there is no Crystal remake. So there's a new girl for those players that want to play as a female in the Gold/Silver remakes.

That said (cause others have said it), I'm not bothered by the design. I never got attached to the Crystal girl, and so I'm not upset by how the new girl looks. It's difficult for me to make comparisons between the old and the new if I never really noticed the old.

Though I am looking forward to seeing how she'll be in the games as a character.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay... They can't do anything different with the male character because he was in Gold and Silver, so it would make sense that he would be re-introduced into the remakes. The new girl also makes sense, because they can't re-introduce the Crystal girl, because there is no Crystal remake. So there's a new girl for those players that want to play as a female in the Gold/Silver remakes.

That said (cause others have said it), I'm not bothered by the design. I never got attached to the Crystal girl, and so I'm not upset by how the new girl looks. It's difficult for me to make comparisons between the old and the new if I never really noticed the old.

Though I am looking forward to seeing how she'll be in the games as a character.

Exactly I stated before, thank you. I too am looking foward to seeing how either the male or female plays out in their supporting role.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    You know guys? I'm positive that if this girl was confirmed as Kris, no one would have a problem with her design.

Hell, the "this girl is not kris" could have been mistranslated and she actually is kris LOL.

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
    Years
    You know guys? I'm positive that if this girl was confirmed as Kris, no one would have a problem with her design.

Hell, the "this girl is not kris" could have been mistranslated and she actually is kris LOL.
    Kris...
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

The new Kris...
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Really, I think thats quite a change. She looks kinda like Dawn, actually. Proof that clothes get more complex throughout the generations.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Between Kris and the new female, the bag, pants, standing position, and hair are all relatively similar.

Back