• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
    I really love Kris's design, and it's not nostalgia or anything because I never owned G/S/C. That's the main reason I'm excited about this. I can finally play in Johto. If this didn't come out, I would've bought Crystal for sure. Although I'm disappointed that I'll never play as Kris, Soul is kinda cute, and her outfit looks really good on her. I'm still voting for Kris, anyhow. I read somewhere that Kris might come into the game as another rival, sort of like in D/P/Pt where you had Cynthia. I hope that's true. I'd love to see Kris in the game, although it doesn't seem very likely now.

Finnel

Years
    I love Kris's design, I think she looks awesome, while "Soul"... Is just another loli. Her design is really boring and she doesn't look particularly good in my eyes. I don't care about her anyway since I'll be playing as Gold.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
    They had a new girl (kind of new) in FR/LG.

Although soul has no placement in the manga (yet?)

But to me, it was kind of weird how they just put in Green, the thieving girl from the manga randomly into it. Of course though I'm getting off topic. I would much prefer Soul over some other girl in the manga, and I really have no problem with soul.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Definately Kris. The new trainer is fugly. What were they thinking when they gave her that hat, that ribbon, those knee-high socks and those hideous clothes?! She looks like a hillbilly trying to be posh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    It really doesn't matter, the new girl is here and Kris isn't. I pick new girl ; <3.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Does it matter? She's a bunch of pixels on your screen.
    Apparently mute, personality-free ten-year-old video game females are Serious Business.

Seriously, I don't have a preference for either. The way some people are crying about it you'd think Kris was your sister who your parents fed to sharks and replaced her with Soul/Heart/whatever her name is. People need to grow up.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Is it cheating if I picked both girls on the poll? (lol)

I like both and won't choose between them but I do like Marine a little bit more mainly becuase of her blue hair and how her bangs (?) sticks out.

Finnel

Years
    Guys, if you hate the new girl so much, just play as Gold and stoblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    I don't see anybody in the thread who's getting particularly pissed about the new girl, in fact there are more people who like Soul than people who don't (contrary to what the poll says) and most of the Soul haters have already said they're going to play as Gold anyway. There's no reason to get so worked up.

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I honestly don't care. As long as they're girls :X Oh, I honestly don't see why people complain about Soul. Shes just a character and your not going to die if Kris isn't the girl xP

Finnel

Years
    Well, maybe it would be more effective to post in those threads where people really are complaining that badly, then.

Finnel

Years
    There's no problem with trying to stop people from complaining too much in advance, but you worded it like the people in this thread were *****ing. Don't mind me then.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Personally I like the new girl better. She looks interesting, more than Kris. And yeah, there were a lot of threads complaining more than in this one. I can understand why people who don't like Kris this much are annoyed.

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
    Years
    Did you know that this is the third thread on this?? Anyway, I've heard people saying that this is a g/s remake, not a gsc remake, but the thing iz, wuz Eusine in gs?? No, he wuz in crystal. Could you see Suicune all over in gs?? No, that wuz in Crystal. So wuz Krys in gs?? No but she wuz in Crystal. Now, are all of those things in hg/ss?? Yes, they are. On another note, did you know that there wuz supposed to be a female character n r/b/y?? I thought of this cuz of people saying that Kris wuz the first.

End, Zack. Also, plese excuse all my mistakes, my keyboard haz not been cooperating with me recently, thnx.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    if you ask me, i think Sould kind of looks like someone jumped through a time machine out of the 70's.... :laugh: maybe Bill's Time Machine lets you transfer more than just Pokémon. lol

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I do not prefer her over Krys, but it is just a game. She actually is a bit cute. So I'm fine with the replacement. Besides, Krys was not in Silver and Gold, so I do not see why she'd be in a remake of them.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    there was a post at the beginning of the topic that wasn't there before, but obviously because the one i had posted in had been merged. now...i realise it was a few months ago, but i'm really starting to agree, in a way, with the post. Nintendo really had no right to pull Crys and put Soul in her place, BUT at the same time they did. first, they did, because, well...it's Nintendo, they're awesome, and they own the rights to Pokémon. now, why wouldn't they? because, that's really not sticking true to G/S/C. and don't try to feed me that bs about how Crystal has nothing to do with this, because they've put in a good chunk of Crystal's elements. i'm not saying that i don't like Soul at all, on the contrary. she is cute, but i really don't feel that she's for this game. Nintendo should have put her in whatever next concoction they have planned next for the Pokémon game and left Crys alone. they didn't, and that's their choice, so i'm not really going to complain. oh well...

Back