• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Pokemon Battle Revolution Thread - {Contains Spoilers.}

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Official PBR - Pokemon Battle Revolution Thread.
    Created By Curious.
    This thread is very similar to the thread I just recently started about Animal Crossing. But this time the thread I have created is the fantastic game Pokemon Battle Revolution.
    In this thread you can do a number of things:
    - Share your views and opinions on the game.
    - Share some of your most fanastic battles.
    - Share some tricks and hints.
    BUT like all of these threads please understand to not spoil the game for others, which they might want to defeat in thier own way.
    ---------------------------------
    Introduction:
    Watch you're glorious pokemon battle it out in 3D as they battle in each of the different colloseums located aorund Poke'topia. You can transfer you're glorious pokemon frm your DS - Pokemon Diamond and Pearl or Platinum.
    ---------------------------------
    Rating and Review.

This game has been scored a total of 2 out of 5 stars. Not very good.

Sybdian : I feel like this game was a waste of my Christmas money. I could have gotten New Super Mario Bros., but no. I ended up deciding to buy this. Worst mistake I could ever make. I don't even play my Wii much cause...well hey, PBR's all I got.

Darkly the Flygon: Game sucks. End of story.

--------------------------------
    Hint's Tips and Tricks:
    -------------------------------
    Colloseums and Leaders:
    Here are all of the colloseums with thier corrosponding Colosseum Masters.

Mainstreet Colosseum - Leader: Taylor

Waterfall Colosseum - Leader: Marina

Gate Way Colosseum - Leader: Joe

--------------------------------
    Questions and Answers - Q&A
    ----------------------------
    More Coming Soon! 2010~ Curious.

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • This game is actually pretty good, imo. Most people just don't like it because of the lack of adventure.
    Spoiler:

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    i like the game
    but when u win the whole game after u rechallenge the places what is with the rank like what does it do

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I enjoyed the game purely for battles. I didn't like the lack of a storyline though. It would have been great to have another story of Shadow Pokemon with the Sinnoh Pokemon included. And I found some things I didn't like about the Wifi mode, but it didn't take away from the overall gameplay for me.

I recently beat all coloseums except for the Gateway Coloseum. I didn't know you had to beat that one. I guess you do, since I did not get my Surfing Pikachu! (hey, that rhymed.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I feel like this game was a waste of my Christmas money. I could have gotten New Super Mario Bros., but no. I ended up deciding to buy this. Worst mistake I could ever make. I don't even play my Wii much cause...well hey, PBR's all I got.

Anyway...good for y'all that can tolerate it. Cause I sure can't.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I borrowed it from the video library a while ago, and if it weren't still so expensive and hard to find I'd probably get it. If/when it goes down in price, I will.

I'd be searching harder if the Neon colusseum wasn't so ridiculous to beat. The others didn't give me any trouble, but the Neon one made me want to tear my hair out. Even with the tricks to be able to choose your own Pokemon I'd always miss, and end up with a few of my own good Pokemon and half of their awful ones. I've tried bringing a good team, I've tried bringing an awful team.. ugh!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It was one of the first Wii games I ever got. It took me not very long to beat (Neon Colosseum was the hardest, because they'd get my good Pokémon... ;_;), and shortly afterwards I got the Pikachu, the Magmortar, and Electivire.

I don't like it much. After playing Colosseum/XD, I saw that they recycled a lot of stuff, and the lack of any story turned me off a bit.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I feel disgusted with the battle graphics, and I liked the way they did them in Pokemon Colosseum better. After this game, I'm not going to get Wii Pokemon games for a while.

~Night

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    i liked it i liked all of it
    excpet i wished the opponets pokemon were harder and with differnt moves

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I feel disgusted with the battle graphics, and I liked the way they did them in Pokemon Colosseum better. After this game, I'm not going to get Wii Pokemon games for a while.

~Night
    I thought the attack animations were great. I loved doing DS battles on there.

Checkered Sky

~beneath the sky...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I do feel it lacked in a lot of features demonstrated in the past console games. Even if you want to get past the whole "Well, PBR wasn't designed for anything but battling, so you shouldn't complain", it was still rather... lackluster. Stadium at least provided a few more things to do, while PBR only provided a customization (which I feel was limited), and Wifi that loses connection often. Even if you get past that, most of the time it just has a bunch of players with generic legend teams.

Some of the updated models look horrid as well.

The pros I'd say would be:
    -Seeing your Pokemon in 3D
    -Random Wifi battles without FC
    -Battle with friends using the DS... in 3D
    -Some exclusive gift Pokemon

...I can't recall anything else...

In the end it's just... no. :< It was a speed release to claim the spot of the first Wii Wifi game. End of story.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd love to have it...despite all the negative reviews, I just want to see my awesome team in 3d:

Metagross/Heatran/Salamence/Flygon/Azelf/Machamp.Who wouldn't with those?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • This game is actually pretty good, imo. Most people just don't like it because of the lack of adventure.
    Spoiler:

If by "lack of adventure" you mean "lack of functionality" then you're spot on.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just wondering, can it link to Platinum??

I.e. can you use pokemon with Platinum moves (e.g. Bullet Punch Scizor), and can you use new formes (e.g. Shaymin Sky Forme) that were only available in Platinum, on Battle Revolution

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Just wondering, can it link to Platinum??

I.e. can you use pokemon with Platinum moves (e.g. Bullet Punch Scizor), and can you use new formes (e.g. Shaymin Sky Forme) that were only available in Platinum, on Battle Revolution
    New forms, no, new moves, I believe so (don't have it, only played my friend's)

I mainly want it because some of the Pokemon I like using aren't very common, so I haven't seen them in Youtube videos, and I want to see them battle in 3-D (example, even though it's kinda weak right now, is my Granbull).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It's okay, but really not worth full price. The recycled models from the previous games were a turn-off and battling your way through the colosseums, there's a definite feeling of, "What's the point?" It's really more of a D/P/Pt add-on than a game in its own right, and should have been priced accordingly. Trainer customizations weren't as extensive as I would have liked... And on that note:

My customized trainer... Let me show you her.
    Spoiler:

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
  • I just bought this game of amazon and it should be arriving shortly :) From what I have seen, I really look forward to it. But all the reviews are rubbish.... Why is this?

Years
  • I got it from Gamestop.com... been having fun with it so far, at least as much as I can play it. Every time my GF and I try to do DS battles (and even in single player mode on occasion) it stops loading and says "The game disc cannot be read."

So we returned it for a different used copy (no one seems to have it brand new -_-) and the error is happening MORE frequently now (won't even let us battle!)

There's no way it's the Wii as we tried about 10 other games and didn't have a single issue in any of them... plus the discs we've gotten seem to have little black spots on the inner ring. Ah well, we're gonna try exchanging it again tonight and hopefully this one will work. Maybe we'll ask them to test it first. :P

Back