• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I heard the guy who leaked fairy types confirmed Scizor will have a Mega Evo. Is that true? If so, boooring. Why are Game Freak giving Scizor (let alone BLAZIKEN) a mega evo when he's already really, really good. If not too good.
    I really don't think Pinsir would benefit from an evolution, nor does it need one for that matter. It would be better with a pre-evolution IMO.
    Guy needs to be viable. He's really useless right now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I heard the guy who leaked fairy types confirmed Scizor will have a Mega Evo. Is that true? If so, boooring. Why are Game Freak giving Scizor (let alone BLAZIKEN) a mega evo when he's already really, really good. If not too good.

Guy needs to be viable. He's really useless right now.

I think it's mostly due to rule of cool...nothing else...Pinsir's cool so hopefully it'll get something this gen :3

Also it's not as bad as the Gen 3 list...it includes the likes of the Eon duo and Deoxys...fear for your Pokémon's lives.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Of all the Gen 3 Pokemon they're the starters and 3 legendaries? What a huge waste. Hariyama is cool enough for a mega evo, why didn't HE get one?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Of all the Gen 3 Pokemon they're the starters and 3 legendaries? What a huge waste. Hariyama is cool enough for a mega evo, why didn't HE get one?
    Hariyama, Aggron, Flygon, gen 3 has a plethora of cool badass pokemon that everyone already loves, but could definitely benefit from a competitive boost in the form of mega evolutions.

Aggron could use something that makes him more specially defensive, or an ability that helps him more defensively, something that makes super effective only 1.25-1.5x effective as opposed to 2-4x?
    Same with Flygon, already with a pretty cool typing and 2 immunities, could see something that turns him more into a tank, rather than a team supporter or boosting sweeper.

The last couple of generations have contributed to a power creep, and faster battles with overpowered sweeping pokemon. I think it's time to bring back the viability in using a tanking and boost set-up, these at least help to create more interesting and creative battles and strategies.

Years
  • All legends are technically fully evolved so any I guess could have Megas...think though if any legends should have them it should be the non mascot trios such as the birds, Beasts, Regis, Lake fairies, and Kami trio. Oh and the Musketeer quad too. Well maybe not to the Kami trio as they formes...especially Landorus who is stronger than the other too...

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • All legends are technically fully evolved so any I guess could have Megas...think though if any legends should have them it should be the non mascot trios such as the birds, Beasts, Regis, Lake fairies, and Kami trio. Oh and the Musketeer quad too. Well maybe not to the Kami trio as they formes...especially Landorus who is stronger than the other too...

Mew isn't a mascot, and It's lovable as chiz. Everyone loves Mew, ever since it's technically illegal beginnings in gen I [A very good story... The reason it was technically illegal, is because it was inserted after the Debugging, when no changes can legally be made to a game] And it's humble start as a myth and glitch...
    Then the event releases, which they could very well do for a Mega release like the other events they already have planned.
    It is perhaps the MOST deserving pokemon of all. Then again, a Mega Mew, which can learn EVERYTHING, [speaking of which Smeargle should get one too. Maybe with an ability that auto-sketches a move used against it or something. Or maybe that Chameleon ability that Kecleon has ;D], would be a feat to behold.
    ((Whooo tangents within a single post)))

Edit: Actually, isn't Phione technically not a fully evolved pokemon? And it's a legend.
    And then there's Shaymin which already has Formes.

Years
  • I'm open to the 600 stat legends getting one too as they aren't as broken as Mewtwo and co. Victini could benefit from a MegaEvolution...and a Jiranchi surrounded by rubies and sapphires or emeralds would look cool, alluding to how when it goes to asleep it becomes/is encased in crystal.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I'm open to the 600 stat legends getting one too as they aren't as broken as Mewtwo and co. Victini could benefit from a MegaEvolution...and a Jiranchi surrounded by rubies and sapphires or emeralds would look cool, alluding to how when it goes to asleep it becomes/is encased in crystal.

Jirachi could also get something aside from a mega. A sleep form, like how Darumaka has Zen Mode. They could use that crystal state as a form of its own.
    Darumaka might not get a Mega either, as its ability is what allows it to enter zen mode (right?)
    I'd be surprised if Victini doesn't get one. Like Mew, it is HEAVILY loved, but not as strong or versatile.
    Most popular pokemon, legends or not, are highly likely to get Megas. [I personally wouldn't be surprised if Pikachu got a Mega form instead of Raichu, or maybe even both of them]
    I'm still curious about that... the Stone Evolution pokemon....

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    In my opinion, the mega evolutions are a very good way of giving old Pokemon evolutions without making them overpowered. Think about it, if Absol or something got eviolite it would be a monster, which is why I think that gamefreak needed to do this. If eviolite wasn't in the game, they would probably have normal evolutions, but gamefreak need to balance the game.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Other Pokemon getting Mega evos?

What other Pokemon do you think will get Mega evolutions?

I think Houndoum and i will explain how:First he gets a normal evo making him two headed and then a Mega evo making him three headed.
    Also the Kalos' starters' final evos.
    I think that we will get to fight Team Flare's leader using our mega formed starters against his Mega formed houndoom evo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Well there's the obvious. Swampert and Sceptile. It's unlikely that they would put Blaziken in the position of having an alternate form that makes it more powerful than the other two starter Pokemon. Starter Pokemon do have an emphasis on balance and I don't think that Nintendo would want to break that.

Xerneas and Yveltal. I really haven't seen anyone put this out there, but wouldn't it make a lot of sense for Xerneas and Yveltal to have Megaevolutions? We know that legendaries are not exempt from having a Megaevolution because of Mewtwo. Both appear on the cover for the game and on the Japanese cover the accent mark over the 'e' in 'Pokemon' is the DNA symbol featured during Megaevolutions. Megaevolving these two Pokemon could even serve as a plot point where Team Flare, or another team if there happens to be more than one, try to artificially Megaevolve the two legendaries. It would also make sense that the developers would want the two Pokemon to embody all the new content in the game, being that they are the mascots.

Now here's something to ponder on. Will Ditto be able to transform into Pokemon's Megaforms? I actually want to see Ditto play a role in the game, even if it's just a line of dialogue in passing.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • I'm hoping Mightyena gets a mega evolution and/or a regular evolution.

I mean, it isn't exactly powerful right now, so it deserves a chance to be stronger.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I couldn't think of one until I saw the above user's sig. Zoroark is a lot like Lucario imo, and I think a lot of these "notables" are going to be getting MegaEvolutions.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • Guys I have a theory about Sylveon's evolution. In the Sylveon short, Meowth drops an item on/near Eevee that causes it to evolve into Sylveon. Now what if the stone was a Mega Stone and Sylveon is actually a Mega Evolution of Eevee?

It does make sense. At first I thought it had something to do with Amie but now that I connect those two up it looks less and less likely.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I like my idea of Ash's pikachu accidentally, somehow absorbing a megastone (Like groudon's orb), and whenever it gets into a critical state, transforms.

I was going to make a joke about how many times ash has completely ignored/forgotten that pikachu doesn't want to evolve and they may do it again, but this is actually the perfect loophole. Pikachu wouldn't mind so much evolving if he could change back, right? I'm really looking forward to the new anime season now.

Guys I have a theory about Sylveon's evolution. In the Sylveon short, Meowth drops an item on/near Eevee that causes it to evolve into Sylveon. Now what if the stone was a Mega Stone and Sylveon is actually a Mega Evolution of Eevee?

It does make sense. At first I thought it had something to do with Amie but now that I connect those two up it looks less and less likely.

in the demo you have a sylveon from the start and later find out with mewtwo that you have to push a button on the touchscreen to mega evolve a pokemon. So not very likely. I never saw the short, but I'd guess a moonstone if not a new fairy themed one.

Last edited:
    Back