• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • I like my idea of Ash's pikachu accidentally, somehow absorbing a megastone (Like groudon's orb), and whenever it gets into a critical state, transforms.

If there was a dislike button I would press it immediately XD
    But seriously-I hate all the exclusive stuff that pikachu have(surf? fly? WTF?!), its time to let Raichu shine and not stuiped pikachu. Even if he is the mascot he got too many things...

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • If there was a dislike button I would press it immediately XD
    But seriously-I hate all the exclusive stuff that pikachu have(surf? fly? WTF?!), its time to let Raichu shine and not stuiped pikachu. Even if he is the mascot he got too many things...

I also theorize that the reason Ash's pikachu is so powerful compared to others, is that it had the Pokerus at some point in time. So it might've gotten that too :P
    Some of his other pokemon Shine, like Charizard!

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    What other Pokemon do you think will get Mega evolutions?

Well, it's not really thinkin' but more of a hoping-for.
    Floatzel, Arcanine, Quagsire, Rampardos and Mightyena. I could see them getting a Mega evolution but I can't really picture the image of them in my head.
    It could be possible, right? They're all 2-stage evolution Pokémons, after all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I prefer Raichu.
    It's possible we won't even need the next corocoro to come out any more as we might learn what's in less than 12 hours from now in the direct...

I hope that Mighyena and Floatzel get something, they're each among my favorites of generations III and IV respectably.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, it's not really thinkin' but more of a hoping-for.
    Floatzel, Arcanine, Quagsire, Rampardos and Mightyena. I could see them getting a Mega evolution but I can't really picture the image of them in my head.
    It could be possible, right? They're all 2-stage evolution Pokémons, after all.

I'm really hoping Mightyena gets a Mega Evolution, that poor thing needs more love.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Guys I have a theory about Sylveon's evolution. In the Sylveon short, Meowth drops an item on/near Eevee that causes it to evolve into Sylveon. Now what if the stone was a Mega Stone and Sylveon is actually a Mega Evolution of Eevee?

It does make sense. At first I thought it had something to do with Amie but now that I connect those two up it looks less and less likely.
    Since mega evolutions only occur during battle and Sylveon is seen outside of battle, it pretty much debunks the possibility of it being a mega evolution for Eevee. It's also worth noting that evolutionary methods in the anime don't always match the methods used in the games.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Magic Bounce Absol would be interesting.
    So is there a site that shows all the Mega Evolutions and new moves for Pokemon X and Y?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I know that mega evolutions are temporary for the battle. But does anyone know and have a source whether switching pokemon causes mega formes to wear off? Please 'Like' this post if you post an answer. I've had this question since the demos came out; I'd post my own thread to easily keep up, but figured I should ask here to see if this is common knowledge.

MEGA CHARIZARD and drought ability!!! Nuff said!!

Magic Bounce Absol would be interesting.
    So is there a site that shows all the Mega Evolutions and new moves for Pokemon X and Y?

It's worth noting that both Magic Bounce Absol and Drought Charizard will be much less powerful if it wears off after switching. The best use of Magic Bounce is to switch-in and reflect status/hazards when your opponent doesn't expect it. Meanwhile, anyone who's played weather wars competitively knows that switching in a weather starter to get weather up ASAP (even if you get knocked out) is a big part of the war.

So yes, it's these 2 exact pokemon, which is why I have this question...

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
    Years
  • I know that mega evolutions are temporary for the battle. But does anyone know and have a source whether switching pokemon causes mega formes to wear off? Please 'Like' this post if you post an answer. I've had this question since the demos came out; I'd post my own thread to easily keep up, but figured I should ask here to see if this is common knowledge.

It's worth noting that both Magic Bounce Absol and Drought Charizard will be much less powerful if it wears off after switching. The best use of Magic Bounce is to switch-in and reflect status/hazards when your opponent doesn't expect it. Meanwhile, anyone who's played weather wars competitively knows that switching in a weather starter to get weather up ASAP (even if you get knocked out) is a big part of the war.

So yes, it's these 2 exact pokemon, which is why I have this question...

doubt it! i think aslong as you have the nescessary held item your pokemon stays in that form. you can switch out and come back in. i have no proof, but i'd comfortably bet on it.

I'm really hoping Mightyena gets a Mega Evolution, that poor thing needs more love.
    it does need more love.
    i would want it to get an evolution not a ME tho.
    alphayena comes to mind as a potential name. a fan can dream....

arcanine is beautiful the way it is, if it gets a ME... i think other pokemon need it more. im surprised by how many mega evolutions have been released already there may be 30+ of them. im not sure why blaziken gets one but not swampert or sceptile. blaziken was already in the uber class.
    this also makes me wonder how many third gen pokemon will be in the game.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think the 13th, but they tend to leak early by a couple/few days. So really, it could be anytime. Just got to wait a bit is all. Certainly now is too early.

Years
  • I've been looking at the Mega evolution for the last little bit and to be honest, I'm not quite sure about them. I guess I'll have to use one to really make an opinion about them, but at the moment it's more of a why would they do this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I think the 13th, but they tend to leak early by a couple/few days. So really, it could be anytime. Just got to wait a bit is all. Certainly now is too early.

I've read it's the 14th but I could be wrong. I expect leaks in that case sometime around the 11th or so. The type chart is the main thing I want to see, and new Pokemon are always nice, I've really enjoyed the few Pokemon reveals we seem to get each issue.

Years
  • I think the 13th, but they tend to leak early by a couple/few days. So really, it could be anytime. Just got to wait a bit is all. Certainly now is too early.
    The last two months it was the 13th, this month it's officially released on the 15th. At the earliest leaks for next issue will come out by the 11th so next week.

Years
  • I'm expecting news to leak out around the 11th, but not really getting my hopes up then. Going to expect something aruond the 12th at most, 13th at the absolute latest.
    Yeah the 13th is pretty safe to say we'll get news as by the 14th the official site will already be updated and Corocoro usually leaks the day before that.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's usually officially released on the 15h of every month with the leak being on the 12th, however last issue was a couple of days earlier making the leak come around the 8th or 9th. I'm not sure if that will be the case this month but it will anywhere between the 8th and the 13th at the latest.

Back