• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • This new Pika clone has got to be my least favorite...oh well at least it looks more like a Raichu clone than Pikachu just how the Hoenn Pika clone duo resembles Pichu somewhat more than Pika.

Years
  • The only thing I'm hoping, is that mega evo's are more similar to evolution, to that of formes. And I'm hoping we get a ton of unannounced mega-evolutions in the game,that we didn't know about prior to release. I want megahoundoom :<

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • What the **** is this ****.... Just sayin'. Gg go for it GF, time to copy Digimon if this is true.

Years
  • I love Ampharos so if this is true (stating the cover is proof isn't 100 percent convincing) I'll use it's Mega evolution. Heck I'll use all of them. I love all six Pokémon in fact. Lucario's Mega looks like a fake evolution I've seen of it before...one has to wonder if these are in fact real if GF has been searching the net for ideas...

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I don't understand why everyone's getting up in arms over Blaziken specifically, because it's a starter Pokemon, and stating why don't other starter Pokemon get this?
    Surely if Blaziken is getting this, the other starters will as well.

We've only seen a few Pokemon with this feature for the sake of introducing the feature. Surely there will be more Pokemon who also get to have a MegaForm.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Bulbapedia is "Confirming" that the Megas are in battle only, so 2 out of 3 major news sites say its battle only forms.

Course Bulbapedia is also holding a discussion about how this will bring back moves like Trick and Knock off....I think they are completely forgetting that in gen 4 2 Pokemon had Item specific Forms and they are protected from losing these items.

I feel that id these are battle forms, they'll get the same protection that Arceus and Giratina have so you cannot take the items off while in battle and nullify the form change.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Hmmm... this might sound a bit silly, but... where are the pictures? o.O
    Oops, here they are, nevermind ;)

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Wait MewTwo gets a Mega form? o.o Is this the TGC equivilant of EX version of MewTwo? D:

Some more tweets by Bulbapedia say that Mega forms are temporary and only occur when the Pokemon capable of Mega form hold a specific item, which should balence things out.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • To be honest, i didn't know how to react to this at first. But now i've had some time to think about it. And IMO this is actually the best news so far.
    I mean, we finally have some super powerfull cool looking pokemon.

Isn't this way better than a cotton candy pokemon or a flamingo without legs?

Years
  • I don't understand why everyone's getting up in arms over Blaziken specifically, because it's a starter Pokemon, and stating why don't other starter Pokemon get this?
    Surely if Blaziken is getting this, the other starters will as well.

We've only seen a few Pokemon with this feature for the sake of introducing the feature. Surely there will be more Pokemon who also get to have a MegaForm.
    And yet no one is saying much about Mewtwo who is a legendary...

Years
  • since this corocoro was leaked and the mega forms idea revealed, i was thinking which pokemon(exept those which has been revealed) i would like the most to get mega forms.
    i'm also interested to know-which pokemon you are prefer the most to get mega evolution?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    After looking at the scans again and comparing to last month... I have to call them into question.

I looked at last month's scans and I have to say, that rainbow gradient text sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, you'd think they would show something with that DNA symbol somewhere, but it's nowhere to be found in these scans - which is odd. This is supposed to be the final big scoop before the games launch - "the scoop of the century" as teased in the August issue. You'd think they would go balls out and show the DNA stuff and everything.

In the video they released which shows Mewtwo's Awakened form (also never called "Mega", btw), it has that little DNA symbol above it.

Now I'm starting to think these are indeed fake.

Also should be noted:
    The gameplay screenshots are all much more dark and blurry than the rest of the pictures. Could it be because it's much more difficult to make these look authentic than Sugimori-style artwork?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Wait MewTwo gets a Mega form? o.o Is this the TGC equivilant of EX version of MewTwo? D:

Some more tweets by Bulbapedia say that Mega forms are temporary and only occur when the Pokemon capable of Mega form hold a specific item, which should balence things out.

Balance is a very finicky word to use. In some cases, they may be too over powered that even without other hold items, it still doesn't balance out. In others, they may be underwhelmed to the point that no one would use them because they'd rather use the base form with a different item.

There is also the issue that we may not be able to knock them out of their battle forms what with two Pokemon that rely on Battle items for form changes are item protected from attacks that remove said items. We don't know if these items give a boost to the pokemon either. So it has a lot of potential to be over powered and broken, especially in the case of Lucario and Blaziken.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Someone may have mentioned this, but along with Pokéjungle and Bulbapedia, Serebii also says that they evolve in battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Bulbapedia is "Confirming" that the Megas are in battle only, so 2 out of 3 major news sites say its battle only forms.

Course Bulbapedia is also holding a discussion about how this will bring back moves like Trick and Knock off....I think they are completely forgetting that in gen 4 2 Pokemon had Item specific Forms and they are protected from losing these items.

I feel that id these are battle forms, they'll get the same protection that Arceus and Giratina have so you cannot take the items off while in battle and nullify the form change.

This is upsetting :( I would rather they were some kind of special evolution, rather than a form change - especially one which is just another 'OH LOOK STICK THIS ITEM ON IT'. If it only changes in battle, only with this item, then it is just an alternate form.

Years
  • So it may be as I said before, that they turn back after battle due to strain or something. In a way these "evolutions" are like temporary mutations for battle purposes. I guess one could say they are an exaggeration of evolution against predators, and out of battle they devolve due to lack of fighting.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Hehe, I guess I was right when I said that the Scoop Of The Century would be something that we aren't even supposed to guess... because I would have never guessed this one, ever...

But seriously, this sounds fake as hell. I'm having a really hard time believing this is true...
    Tbh, I've always been pretty broad-minded in what concerns changes in Pokémon games, but is too much.
    I've always been against the people who said "Pokémon looks like Digimon now", but now they do have a point.
    Serebii said:
    These are special features of Pokémon, different to evolutions and forms, that have your Pokémon Mega Evolve in battle into these appearances.
    Seriously? Burst Mode, anyone?

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against Pokémon copying Digimon, as long as they copy the good stuff... but this? I don't like it. I'm seriously hoping that this is fake (even though I don't think that will happen, now that so many sites are confirming it), but if it isn't... let's just hope it grows on me...

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
    Years
  • In my opinion this megaform sh#t is worked like this:

Player uses the the new battle item meganizer.
    It transforms pokemon into mega forms.
    After battle it returns to normal.

Or:
    When a pokemon drastically raises it's most powerful stat it tranforms into mega form.
    After battle it goes back to normal.

Personally I hope it's fake or at least battle only as then everyone will make their Pokèmon s 'Mega'.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Here's Awakened Mewtwo with the DNA symbol over him.

I just can't believe they'd explain how he turns into this new form without even using this symbol once or mentioning DNA anywhere. I think this is fake, guys.

And BTW no it's not an attack he's using against Xerneas, the clip they showed of Xerneas after is his own move Geo Control. They tried to trick us for some reason.

Back