• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    I...don't really know how to feel about this. I'm not hating on Gen 6 instantly just for this but...It...seems....weird...
    Umm. Seriously, I don't know how to react to this. As long as they can activate just for battle or something like that, I'm fine with it.

But maybe all this is related to the DNA at the logos...Seems the game will focus on splicing.

Eh, some of them grew on me pretty quickly now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Whilst I think there is a possibility of it being fake, I'm not sure what your argument with this Mewtwo stuff is.

That doesn't even look like a DNA symbol... it's just a funky shape - not a double helix.

That is not just a "funky shape". Watch the eshop trailer. It is very clearly the same symbol that is featured in the Japanese game logos.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I...don't really know how to feel about this. I'm not hating on Gen 6 instantly just for this but...It...doesn't seem...like Pokemon...

Umm. Seriously, I don't know how to react to this. As long as they can activate just for battle or something like that, I'm fine with it.

But maybe all this is related to the DNA at the logos...Seems the game will focus on splicing.
    Actually they're more like mutations, splicing is more of what happened with Kyurem's formes.

I think Rowan should appear this generation as he's the evolution expert...this sounds like something he could investigate, maybe he appears post game and asks to see one of the Megaevolutions and gives us a rare item for each one we show him.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I'm guessing they'll have a rather certain jacked up stat and then another very low stat for something else, to try and balance them out. I think it's still too early to decided whether or not they'll be overpowered.

If you're suggesting that they're gonna be Shuckle 2.0s, then that really makes this whole big scoop rather pointless. Therefore I don't agree.

Anyways has this confirmed by an official source? Serebii is reliable, but not perfect or official.

Years
    Tho not believing it until one apears in a trailer. This could also mean if some pokemon are getting megas we might reach into the 900's maybe 1000's

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
    Can't be too sure actually. Mewtwo got a mega-evolution it seems.

Mewtwo could very well be the exception, due to his Origin. Depending on how and what mega-evolution is depicted as, it could be some sort of Genetic alteration thing. Sort of like the Rage devices, but bigger. Of course, if that's how it is, there will be one more legendary that would be more likely to get a mega form, the already Shapeshifting Deoxys.

There might be a select few Legendaries, maybe one or two from each gen? Who knows...

Everyone says it's copying digimon. I think it's more like DBZ. Fully Evolved pokemon going Super Poké.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    If you're suggesting that they're gonna be Shuckle 2.0s, then that really makes this whole big scoop rather pointless. Therefore I don't agree.

Anyways has this confirmed by an official source? Serebii is reliable, but not perfect or official.

No official source has yet confirmed this. We probably won't get an official confirmation, or denial, from an official source until around the 12th.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    I really wish this can happen:

Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Years
    Mewtwo could very well be the exception, due to his Origin. Depending on how and what mega-evolution is depicted as, it could be some sort of Genetic alteration thing. Sort of like the Rage devices, but bigger. Of course, if that's how it is, there will be one more legendary that would be more likely to get a mega form, the already Shapeshifting Deoxys.

There might be a select few Legendaries, maybe one or two from each gen? Who knows...

Everyone says it's copying digimon. I think it's more like DBZ. Fully Evolved pokemon going Super Poké.
    Genesect is also another one that's likely to get one due to it's being revived and having been created as the ultimate weapon...however they didn't show it having one in the movie so chances are Genesect doesn't have one...

Mew also can get one. Maybe Eevee get's a Mega evolution only it turns dragon like (dragons are seen as the ultimate creature only behind the Quilin aka what Arceus is based off) and has the dragon typing and the ability multiscale.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    Gogoat's pre-evo was kind of expected. Its simplicity works so well.
    The Pika-clone is cute, but the color is too Raichu-ish.
    I really like the rabbit...Ahhh, why can we only have six?! The only rabbit we had was Buneary, and even then it didn't look much like a bunny.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Perhaps, but I'm just not sure how they'd make them balanced if not for something similar to that. Maybe you can only have these evolutions for a select number of turns before they 'drain' their energy? I just don't really think they're trying to make them utterly overpowered. I think they're more interested in shaking things up a bit while still retaining some sort of balance. Then again, who knows... they might not give a crap about any sort of balance haha.

Years
    Gogoat's pre-evo was kind of expected. Its simplicity works so well.
    The Pika-clone is cute, but the color is too Raichu-ish.
    I really like the rabbit...Ahhh, why can we only have six?! The only rabbit we had was Buneary, and even then it didn't look much like a bunny.
    Azumarill shakes it's ears at you xD

The rabbit is my least favorite new mon right now in terms of appearance. I wish it were a black or white bunny...

Back