• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
    Genesect is also another one that's likely to get one due to it's being revived and having been created as the ultimate weapon...however they didn't show it having one in the movie so chances are Genesect doesn't have one...

Mew also can get one. Maybe Eevee get's a Mega evolution only it turns dragon like (dragons are seen as the ultimate creature only behind the Quilin aka what Arceus is based off) and has the dragon typing and the ability multiscale.

Going with the DBZ reference...Genesect is CELL! :P

Well Eevee might get a dragon evolution without the use of a mega-form...it's been a long time coming. Two new eeveelutions, dragon and fairy....and the Megavee will be Dragon and Fairy...which will be like the Dark/Ghost typing, nigh on immortal. (Will Fairy be strong against at least one of these so we can finally have a weapon against them? XD)

I still wonder if these will be event exclusive/rares Such as, only THIS lucario can go mega. The forms itself built into the code of the game, but not the pokemon, and only the event ones have the mega code in them to allow transformation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Just speculating here, maybe Mega evos might be based on gods.

Megablaziken= God of fire
    Megalucario= God of justice
    Mega amphy= God of lightning
    Megamawile= God of deception
    Mega absol= God of disaster

Don't know names of gods although that I am talking about.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I'm not too sure on this new development, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make this more Pokémon-centered…

You guys are forgetting that you don't know the whole story…

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    For the Mega Pokemon, I wanna say Pokemon with Form Changes already may not get a Mega Form. They'd have to make a Mega Form for each of the Form Changes so I doubt they'd do it for Pokemon with Form Changes already.

Cherrim, Rotom, Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, Unown, Castform, Wormadam and by association Mothim, Gastrodon, Giratina and by association Palkia and Dialga, Basculin, Darmanitan, Sawsbuck, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem and by association Reshiram and Zekrom since they are needed for the form change, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

These are what I see as the only ones that may not get Mega Evolution forms.

And am I the only one that sees this Mega Evolution as a way of saying that they Pokemon won't evolve. I mean Blaziken and Ampharos are obvious, but Absol, Mawile, and Lucario, them being final forms and getting these Mega Forms seems to say that Gamefreak doesn't intend to give real evolutions to them. I would kinda not want the Mega forms to spread to all Pokemon simply for the sake of leaving them open enough for future evolutions. If they tag the Mega forms its almost as if they are saying these will never evolve.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Oh great, now you're making me think of those fake mon, Pokegods whom are fourth stage evolutions to three stage Pokémon...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Going with the DBZ reference...Genesect is CELL! :P

Well Eevee might get a dragon evolution without the use of a mega-form...it's been a long time coming. Two new eeveelutions, dragon and fairy....and the Megavee will be Dragon and Fairy...which will be like the Dark/Ghost typing, nigh on immortal. (Will Fairy be strong against at least one of these so we can finally have a weapon against them? XD)

I still wonder if these will be event exclusive/rares Such as, only THIS lucario can go mega. The forms itself built into the code of the game, but not the pokemon, and only the event ones have the mega code in them to allow transformation.

Definitely interesting ideas. Eevee getting some sort of mega-evolution would make some sense considering it's relation to the whole evolution process. Maybe Eevee itself will get a mega-evolution without one of it's evolution's getting one, maybe making that a sort-of-second evolution for the generation.

As for only one certain Pokemon rather than all Pokemon of a species being able to mega-evolve, I'm not sure whether I like that or dislike that. On one hand, making it special to only one Pokemon of that specific species would make it a bit more special and 'cool', but on the other hand, making them all be able to mega-evolve would make the process a bit less annoying, which is always good in my eyes.

DamienHelvian

Years
    I'm thinking more Kyurem (BW formes) stats here. Now if it were to reach Arceus...Arceus should get's act and find a Arceus Knight stone and Mega evolve into a one thousand armed god with a 1000 bst...

Arceus wouldn't turn into a thousand armed god
    Arceus would turn into Chuck Norris....with a bst of Beard-fist.

Hmmm...another thought about the stone. Will it be artificial, or natural? Did someone make it, or was it found deep in a cave, protected by a Mega Pokemon, to be named at a later date?

Years

Morelike:

Mega Lucario = Bring this God to justice - behind bars!
    Megablaziiken= This God should be fired!
    Mega Mawile= Deception of a God
    Mega Ampharos= A God struck by lightening
    Mega Absol= Disaster of a God

Someone's obviously not a happy camper! :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well we needed a Pikawannabe at some point.
    I think it's pretty cute though.

I was hoping they'd break the stupid clone tradition. Since they didn't I don't have much along the lines of them breaking the Fire/Fighting tradition now.

Its really freakin cute though. I wanna squish it. >.<

Years
    For the Mega Pokemon, I wanna say Pokemon with Form Changes already may not get a Mega Form. They'd have to make a Mega Form for each of the Form Changes so I doubt they'd do it for Pokemon with Form Changes already.

Cherrim, Rotom, Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, Unown, Castform, Wormadam and by association Mothim, Gastrodon, Giratina and by association Palkia and Dialga, Basculin, Darmanitan, Sawsbuck, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem and by association Reshiram and Zekrom since they are needed for the form change, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

These are what I see as the only ones that may not get Mega Evolution forms.

And am I the only one that sees this Mega Evolution as a way of saying that they Pokemon won't evolve. I mean Blaziken and Ampharos are obvious, but Absol, Mawile, and Lucario, them being final forms and getting these Mega Forms seems to say that Gamefreak doesn't intend to give real evolutions to them. I would kinda not want the Mega forms to spread to all Pokemon simply for the sake of leaving them open enough for future evolutions. If they tag the Mega forms its almost as if they are saying these will never evolve.
    That implication came to me too. It seems like that may be the case or they'll have to recon the Mega evolutions to fit with the real evolutions if they were to ever give them any in future generations...

So with that in mind I'm hoping third stage Pokémon are the one's that mostly get them.

Now with Mega evolutions they could use this to give the Hoenn mascots Mega evolutions for the remakes and put them in the cover to attract attention...sort of like how Giratina forme made people buy Platinum Version and lesser so (due to being a sequel and not a third version/ remake of an old game) Kyurem formes made people buy Black 2 and White 2 versions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    It would be kind of cool if eevee could evolve by having a mega stone temprorarly.
    Something like megeon (Mega + eon)

DamienHelvian

Years
    Definitely interesting ideas. Eevee getting some sort of mega-evolution would make some sense considering it's relation to the whole evolution process. Maybe Eevee itself will get a mega-evolution without one of it's evolution's getting one, maybe making that a sort-of-second evolution for the generation.

As for only one certain Pokemon rather than all Pokemon of a species being able to mega-evolve, I'm not sure whether I like that or dislike that. On one hand, making it special to only one Pokemon of that specific species would make it a bit more special and 'cool', but on the other hand, making them all be able to mega-evolve would make the process a bit less annoying, which is always good in my eyes.

First one the line of dragon and fairy etc. I think pokemon should make the remaining elements into fist moves, like Fire Punch and the like. Lucario used Dragon Punch, it was Super Effect, DRAGON SLAIN. (Personally I think they need some renaming to sound cooler, like Ice Punch could be Glacial Fist!)

Next, if they are event exclusive, that would definitely mean they'd be tournament banned and institute banned. But if they aren't specialized to one pokemon, that would make it more likely they'd be accepted in tournaments and in the in-game battle facilities. Which makes me think of yet another thing. What will this new region have? I mean unova had the Battle Subway and Black Tower/Whitetree Hollow...can it beat those?

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    The only problem I see with the implication of giving a Pokemon a Mega form to signify that it won't evolve, is Blaziken. Blaziken is the last in an evolution chain and no evolution chain has ever gone above three. So why give one to him to signify that it won't evolve when no Pokemon has never evolved pas the third evolution stage anyways?

Years
    The only problem I see with the implication of giving a Pokemon a Mega form to signify that it won't evolve, is Blaziken. Blaziken is the last in an evolution chain and no evolution chain has ever gone above three. So why give one to him to signify that it won't evolve when no Pokemon has never evolved pas the third evolution stage anyways?
    I'm guessing the implication is that Mega evolutions are one step above the natural final stage. We're not saying they give it to Blaziken or Ampharos to signify this is it but to show they can go one level more. At least that's how I see it.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I'm liking these 'mega' forms but what I'm confused about is once these Pokemon become Mega, is there a way to revert them to normal? They are just forms instead of evolutions after all right?

MegaAmpharos looks crazy haha, it's dragon type addition is so unexpected!

Years
    I'm liking these 'mega' forms but what I'm confused about is once these Pokemon become Mega, is there a way to revert them to normal? They are just forms instead of evolutions after all right?

MegaAmpharos looks crazy haha, it's dragon type addition is so unexpected!
    They're more like Pseudo evolutions for battle only, or at least the main sites are saying their battle only making it sound like they revert back to their previous stage.

Imagine Mega Metagrosss....

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Hmm, I wonder what effect this would take on the Pokémon trading card game, or the Pokémon anime. I think for the Pokémon trading card game it would work like level EX cards. I wonder if Ash's Charizard will be in a Mega form if he gets a mega form. I do think he would get a mega form. It would be only fair since Blaziken got one.

Back