• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Mega Absol wins hands down for me. Its so cute ^^. It's amazing. That being said all the Mega's have been pretty darn cool.

Augenis

Lithuanian PokéNerd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    The concept of Mega Pokemon and the use of them pretty much reminds me of SSJ forms in Dragon Ball Z, so I am definitely picking Mega Mewtwo.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • It's hard to choose, but I think I like Mega Absol the best. It looks awesome, but then again so do the others. I can't wait to see future Mega Pokemon. *cough* Mega Gardevoir *cough*

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The only one I like so far is Mega Mawile and Mega Kangaskan. The rest seem to be horribly overdesigned.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    well for me it has to be mega mawile cuz its so cute <3 and it has potential to become a dragon buster :O dont forget huge power and the raised def and sp def ;D

Years
  • Mawile, since I can pretend it's a normal evolution. Blaziken, Lucario, and Absol are rather convoluted like the Tao Trio fusions. Those were awful. There is just too much going on; they look like total messes lacking a clear design.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I think Megalucario should've had an ability to make it similar to the other counterparts (anime/side-games) Getting stronger as it takes damage.
    Although Adaptability is very good, it actually makes up for the hold-item loss. Especially since Lucario/Megalucario will most likely be my prime, and its essentially signature move, Aura Sphere, is the most powerful guaranteed-hit attack...

Oh gawd...Megalucario + Adaptability + Black/Expert Belt....that would be ungodly powerful....

tnfsf11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftrqE2CQiQ
    And we finally get previews of new music.
    And it's very reminiscent of Shin Megami Tensei, no seriously, the second tune that pops up basically sounds just like a Shine Megami Tensei battle theme.
    LOL some dude on YouTube said the part where they all MegaEvolved alongside each other looked like Power Rangers :P one shouldn't even quote that show {XD}

The music doesn't sound that awesome tbh, but I'm yet to listen to more music before deciding on buying the soundtrack...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I think Megalucario should've had an ability to make it similar to the other counterparts (anime/side-games) Getting stronger as it takes damage.
    Although Adaptability is very good, it actually makes up for the hold-item loss. Especially since Lucario/Megalucario will most likely be my prime, and its essentially signature move, Aura Sphere, is the most powerful guaranteed-hit attack...

Oh gawd...Megalucario + Adaptability + Black/Expert Belt....that would be ungodly powerful....

Good thing them Mega Stones take up the item slot then =P

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Wow you guys all have zero taste. Mega Ampharos is where it's at.

Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Just look at that glorious hairdo. That ol' sheep knows how to rock it. He has to be the coolest damn Pokemon in the entire world now.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Ampharos is simply faaaaaaabulouss ~

While I like Amphy and the rest, my favorites thus far are Mawile and Blaziken.

Blaziken because black and red are my favorite color combination, combined with the fact that I've always liked Blaziken to begin with. With Mawile, it's not the aesthetics, but more of the technicial stuff. Now it has a great type combination (implying fairy is what I predict it to be), and whenever I see a Pokemon go from the bottom of the tiers rise up in the rankings, I go crazy. This happened to me with Cloyster getting Shell Smash.

Back