• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
  • I refering to the trio when I said that, but why do you say Regigigas should never get one? Are you afraid they'll take away it's Slow start and allow it to shine? xD

Pretty much, yea. It'd be like taking Truant away from Slaking, and then giving it even MORE power...If you think people complain about boosting sweepers like Lucario, think of the mayhem of Regigigas getting boosted...

DamienHelvian

Years
  • That's true. As for Regigigas being stronger...that's debatable. Mewtwo has the highest SP. Att in the game and is faster.

Regigigas may not be fast, but it has plenty to make up for it. HP, Defense, and Attack, In a battle, without slow start, Regigigas would fare well against Mewtwo.
    This isn't the thread for comparisons though :P
    I just don't think Gigas should get a Mega.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thanks for that xD.
    On topic, it seems like we can activate the evolution according to the demo. Hopefully it won't take a whole turn.
    I'm curious though as to how or when this button will pop up during the battle.

Years
  • In that case the Regis, and Lake trio should too. Argueably so should the Kami trio but they have formes so maybe they won't...

if there is any legendery that need mega form its regigigas, this poor thing suffering so much from his ability...

and if we are talking about poor things that suffer from their ability, it would be nice if slaking will get mega evo that have other ability than truant.

those are two pokemons that would become a great pokemons with different abilities

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Thanks for that xD.
    On topic, it seems like we can activate the evolution according to the demo. Hopefully it won't take a whole turn.
    I'm curious though as to how or when this button will pop up during the battle.

Well, the 3DS has much more complicated programming... It'll probably pop up on the main touch screen [Attack, Bag, Run, Pokemon]. And I still think it'll appear at 25, 33, or 50% hp or something like that...
    Or it might not even be a button, could be simpler than that. Maybe we just have to activate the stone in the bag, which would then become disabled like the DNA splicers.

Mintyy

Minty~
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 4, 2019
    God, when I first saw this, all I could think about was Digimon! But hey, if it worked for Digimon, for the short time it was popular, why wouldn't Game Freak wanna try it too :P

I personally, love the idea! Nintendo is finally breaking out of its repetitive cycle and breaking into some new, untested grounds. Sure, who knows that the population will think of it, but I really like the effort of at least trying something kinda new. The Pokemon Amie was another thing too, I simply adore it!

Some of the forms remind me of like a godly appearance. So what if they are OP in some ways, you're only allowed one per battle anyway, so I say that it's better than having a full team of six XD Naturally, I don't play competitively. I would imagine that they'd have a tier with no Mega Pokémon and another with them, just so it gives the battlers some lei way, and to give them the same gameplay they're used too!

I love the designs and most of all, I love how some of these very underrated Pokémon have been brought back into the spotlight! Like Mawile? I loved it during gen 3, but forgot about it during my other playthroughs, but now, I totally want it again! I hope Nintendo and Game Freak will be brining some Mega forms to more underrated Pokémon like the Seedot family, or maybe even classics like the Caterpie family or even Pikachu (though I doubt they'd touch the gem of the entire series)

It's a cool idea and I think it'll do well ^^ I love how Pokémon is evolving along with the hardware and the audience (see what I did there? :P)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I think the mega evolution mechanic goes first and the attack next, but both are selected in the same turn, so maybe you don't miss the first turn when you mega evolve the pokemon you are going to use. The true question would be, is the megaevolution activated before any of the attacks (the user or the opponent) or is it subjected to the speed stat?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • In the demo, both Crobat and Mewtwo have the same base speed, so that question, Chr. Draco, is a good one...

I think it would be pretty cool if Cherrim could have a simple mega that allowed it to turn into an improved Sunny Forme at the beginning of the battle. The overcast forme is pretty ugly, and setting up a sunny day is too inconvenient most of the time.

Edit:
    As is the general consensus, I'm liking the look of mega Absol but I'd much rather have seen normal evolutions for some of them. Absol and Mawile could've quote easily just gone with a standard evolution to improve them.
    As I mentioned though, I may end up like them once I get used to them.
    That was one of my original reasons for disliking megas, that things like Absol and Mawile could have just gotten evolutions. But then a realization hit me when mega Kangaskhan was revealed: none of the megas are really all that different in appearance compared to their regular formes. Mawile and Mewtwo were probably the most drastic out of them all, and even then, hardly so when compared to how most pokemon change after evolving.

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Years
  • I wonder...how do we know, that mega evolutions absolutely mean no true evolutions later on?
    Pokemon could simply, add an evolution, and then just move the mega up. Or prevolutions for that matter, that would have no real influence at all on the mega formes.
    It's not really out of the question for that possibility to exist...They could just lock off item trade-ups for any evolutions that change. Such as mawile's stone, not being able to go into the next game should they give it an evolution.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi guys i was just surfing Fb when i saw a pic of pokes getting a mega's it wasn't confirmed but it included all the final evos of the starters of all regions + for gen 1 gengar, Gyarados and dragonite. gen 2 sizcor tyranitar (and amppy as we know) gen 3 Gardevoir milolic and salamance. gen 4 staraptor garchomp and the aura king (AWK) gen 5 zoroark, haxorus and Volcarona. if these are true what do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I haven't heard any of those being confirmed yet, but it's all certainly possible. I have a feeling that the pseudo-legendaries won't get a mega evolution this time around, but hey, I won't be complaining if they do (as long as they don't kill any of the designs)

I'm hoping every single starter gets a mega-evolution, with Charizard becoming Fire/Dragon and Sceptile Grass/Dragon. Gen 3 starters were my favourite so I hope they give Scep and Swampy something nice to compete with Blaziken.

Also, Aggron needs something too, definitely a wider move pool, more attack and an ability that makes him a huge threat ;)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The following is an image which lists all of the upcoming Mega Evolutions that are going to be introduced, whilst this has not been confirmed it yet seems very plausible for those Pokémon to receive a Mega Evolution upgrade. They're pretty iconic!

Spoiler:

DamienHelvian

Years
  • The following is an image which lists all of the upcoming Mega Evolutions that are going to be introduced, whilst this has not been confirmed it yet seems very plausible for those Pokémon to receive a Mega Evolution upgrade. They're pretty iconic!

Spoiler:

I'd be cool with those as mega evolutions. At least there are some from each generation...but it doesn't look like a lot, I hope there's more coming than that.

Years

Spoiler:

All these seem plausible. Though I'm pretty positive that those won't be all of them, seeing as Mewtwo, Mawile, and Absol aren't there.

I'm still taking it as a grain of salt since it's not confirmed, but if it is fake its a very well made one.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    The following is an image which lists all of the upcoming Mega Evolutions that are going to be introduced, whilst this has not been confirmed it yet seems very plausible for those Pokémon to receive a Mega Evolution upgrade. They're pretty iconic!

Spoiler:

Pretty nice list, I did wanted a MegaScizor but Im still not sure that is real since some known Megaevolutions dont appear, I understand MegaMetwo not being there since its just a movie pokemon but MegaMawile and MegaAbsol should be there. Also you cant help to notice aside from the starter evolution most of these Pokemon are already very strong.

I hope those aren't all if it's real as there's no Gen VI megas on there...

Maybe since all the starter evolutions will have Mega Evolution they don't want to show Gen VI evolutions yet or any other Gen VI pokemon for that matter.

Back