• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I just caught a shiny kangaskhan on White. I just barely caught the end of the sparkle. I heard it and barely registered it until I saw the blue sparkles when I looked down. It's my first random encounter shiny since Firered. Not to mention the only random encounter I've ever caught. I am still shaking.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Well, that was my thought, but I don't know.
    I don't remember that many shinies last time around for the previous games, however, were they really as hyped as much as this one? I don't think it really was.

Anyway, I ain't really complaining. Only thing is, if it has been increased, then I think the value and awe of having one will go down. :/​

Hmm yeah. It is still possible it was increased though, because the Masuda Method was apparently. But yeah XD Just as long as I get a random shiny I will be happy.

Fishyfins: Yes Masuada does work in B/W

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    And much like other posters in this thread, I have my first shiny on White. I was raising up my Pokemon on Route 3 while looking for new Pokemon to catch. The first Pidlove I found had sparkles twirl around it when the battle started. I just happened to glance down at my DS when the battle started. Which is good, because Pidlove's shiny colors are rather close to its regular colors. But I'm still happy. And my shiny bird is male, and I rather like the colors of a shiny Unfezant.

This is my first wild-caught shiny since a Weedle on Silver. So I'm quite happy.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    For those asking about the Masuda Method, it does exist in BW. HOWEVER, it has been changed slightly. Instead of making four calls to the RNG, it now makes six. :) In simple terms? The chances of getting a shiny went from ~1/2000 to ~1/1300.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Congrats to all the shiny catchers so far! I really like the Liepard colors and the shiny Lillipup. <3 :) Like many othes, I also caught my first shiny in Black tonight!! Eeeeeee! Once I saw the sparkles I was so excited lol. *_*

I was really going for a Deerling since I really like their color and after seeing other shinies in this thread I felt determined to try for my own. Well, I spent nearly all day on and off with random encounters but luckily I got it! :D It's my first random encounter shiny as well, so I'm really pleased!
    Sorry if the quality isn't too great, I only have a cell phone camera. >.<

Spoiler:

I was tired of playing and just about ready to give up and turn off my DSi for the night so it could charge. While I was walking towards the exit in the grass this popped up along with a non-shiny Deerling in a double encounter. Woot! I'm pretty excited to do more shiny hunting once I get further into the game.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
  • I haven't found one yet, but i would love to get an Adamant shiny perfect Axew and EV train it to a nice red and black Haxorus =]

Years
  • diusiabjnklsajgkhvjdbnkalsjdk! 8D
    I HAVE ANOTHER SHINY!
    However, I did soft reset for this bad boy for going on 5 hours. I was about to stop and I was on IRC and then, pop, it came up!

HERE IT IS:
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

IT IS SO PWETTY!​

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Sooooooo jealous at the shiny Kyurem. Strawberry and Cobalion are cute as well. Congrats, ya'll. d('3')b

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
  • Right now i am SR'ing for a Victini(thinking about getting me one of them adamant synchronizers first) and if the masuda really was boosted i may try for a solosis(my favorite pokemon in this gen) and maybe a litwick
    Wish me luck ^^

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Ha ha this is exactly what I'm about to do. I just have to transfer my Jap Ditto from SS and I'm going shiny hunting how is this
    not awesome?

Oh and the Boondock Saints are awesome!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I'd have to say gigalith is my favorite shiny of this gen. However, I like Zorua and Zoroark's shiny forms. Why's everyone bashing on them? I think the blue/purple makes it look like fire, which I find sweet!

P.S.-My first post so please don't judge me yet lol.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Right now i am SR'ing for a Victini(thinking about getting me one of them adamant synchronizers first)
    Let me save you some time. Liberty Pass Victini (and I believe all Victini in general, though I may be wrong on that one) are programmed to never be shiny. No matter how many times you SR, Victini will never be shiny.

There are quite a few shiny forms that I've seen that I like. Litwick's is one. The blue flame makes it quite awesome-looking.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    Let me save you some time. Liberty Pass Victini (and I believe all Victini in general, though I may be wrong on that one) are programmed to never be shiny. No matter how many times you SR, Victini will never be shiny.

There are quite a few shiny forms that I've seen that I like. Litwick's is one. The blue flame makes it quite awesome-looking.
    I was going to say that ):
    I had the intentions to do the same thing, but thankfully I looked first to see if anyone else got it and found out it's impossible.

I am, however, currently Zorua shiny hunting. It's my first shiny hunt. o 3o

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Let me save you some time. Liberty Pass Victini (and I believe all Victini in general, though I may be wrong on that one) are programmed to never be shiny. No matter how many times you SR, Victini will never be shiny.

I agree, Litwick is pretty awesome with the flame. I also like its evolutions shiny form.

This is Chandelure's shiny form.
    I like it, but I wish it had stayed with its blue flames. Those were pretty cool.

Years
  • I caught a shiny leipard! xD This is the earliest I have found a shiny! xD I like its maroon coat. ^_^

As to shiny discussion, I also am disappointed with Zoroark's shininess. I wish it kept Zorua's colors when it evolved. :D Having a shiny Zorua is on my want list. xD

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I just found a shiny Blitzle the other day, but I didn't have any Pokeballs, since I was just training. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Are shinies more frequent in black and white? As I said in an earlier post, I almost never see shinies, and in all my years of playing pokemon games (since before shinies came out, before the original gold and silver) I've only seen a grand total of six (no, wait, seven, just remembered that shiny rattata in silver I never caught) before black and white, not including the red gyarados.

I just caught my second shiny in white: a shiny sandile. Now I have a shiny sandile and a shiny ferroseed. And I only just got the game 9 days ago.

Does anybody know the frequency of shinies in the gen V games?

Back