• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh no, here comes a noob [RMT UU]

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    After lurking around S&M here and Shoddy, I decided to give competitive battling a go. This is probably a noobish team, but I don't know much about this stuff anyway.
    I've played a few matches with it and have done fairly good, but wanted some feedback from you guys.

Anyways...
    This is my first RMT since I decided to delve into competitive battling.
    I don't know a lot about competitive battling, so any advice would be much appreciated.

At a Glance:

Lopunny@Flame Orb
    Klutz
    Timid
    236 HP / 164 Def / 108 Spe

-Baton Pass
    -Agility
    -Magic Coat
    -Switcheroo

I never was good at picking out my leads; though Lop has served me well thusfar. Switcheroo'ing a Flame Orb onto unsuspecting Pokemon is always fun. And Baton Pass is there for extra speed to some of my slower members.

Hitmonlee@Life Orb
    Limber
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

-Close Combat
    -Mach Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Bulk Up

Good GOD I love this thing. Close Combat takes care of most things that come my way. Stone Edge for flyers and Bulk Up for it's horrible defenses.

Jumpluff@Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Jolly
    188 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
    -Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Sleep Powder

This thing is so much fun to annoy people with. Encore or Sleep them into submission then leech seed and sub. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Miltank@Leftovers
    Scrappy
    252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
    -Heal Bell
    -Milk Drink
    -Stealth Rock
    -Body Slam

Not much to say about this one. Scrappy for Body Slam on ghosts.

Porygon2@Leftovers
    Trace
    Modest
    252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpA
    -Charge Beam
    -Ice Beam
    -Tri Attack
    -Recover

Not much really to say here either.

Weezing@Leftovers
    Levitate
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -HP Ice
    -Explosion

A big help actually. Explosion ensures the kill when in doubt.

Willing to make any changes. :]

Years
    Honestly, I was veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happy when I saw your team. These days, a lot of teams are all garchomps, tyranitars, and lucarios. No originality. So I was very happy to see someone keeping such originality alive.

THis is UU and garchomp is uber.And the rest are ou.

And about your rates....Are you kidding.Please read s&m rules :/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Ughh, i couldnt tell if that post was a troll or not because it was really that poor.

I suggest you read the rules here in S+M before posting again ~Iatos_Haunted~ and maybe do some research into competitive pokemon (especially when you said put ice beam or surf on a Miltank, o noes watch out Zubat and Geodude! Seriously it has base 40 sp.att =/).

As for the team ill try to give you a rate later since im caught up in stuff atm.

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    To be honest, it looks pretty fun. Lopunny is a brilliant Agilipasser, having decent defenses, and adding a Switcheroo to the mix makes it even better. In all, an excellent lead/anti-lead, thanks to Magic Coat.

Hitmonlee is a great sweeper, but in Platinum, I would switch Mach Punch for Sucker Punch to counter Psychics. For D/P, though, it looks good.

Jumpluff of the standard SubSeed variety can be beastly.

Miltank is pretty useful as a cleric/tank, and sets up Stealth Rock pretty reliably. I'd personally give it Brick Break to hit Steels while still hitting Ghosts thanks to Scrappy.

Not much I can say about Porygon2, having no experience in that area.

I can't see Weezing doing much damage with that set, but if it works, then kudos to you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Milktank might want a fighting attack or it gets walled by steel/rock types. I'd personally put pain split on Weezing to keep it alive longer, but I guess if you just want to blow up on stuff then go ahead =)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Just a nitpick, but what nature is Miltank? It's not listed on there.

Wow, didn't notice that xD
    Thanks for mentioning it.

Miltank is Impish.

I'll switch in Brick Break in place of Body Slam. I can see how that would be better.
    But Body Slam does have a chance for paralysis, so I'll have to think it over.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    That having been said... what kind of a team is this? It's hard to tell with a Baton Pass lead, a sweeper, and four walls/tanks/stallers.
    Either way, I'm sure that even after a Bulk Up Hitmonlee's still killed due to that sad defense stat. Hitmontop would be much better for a Bulk Up user.

Last edited:

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Now that I look again, it seems like Weezing can be a decent counter to those Rock/Steels that would wall Miltank. I would keep Body Slam for the chance of paralysis, and just switch to Weezing if a Steel pokes its face in. HP Ice should work fine on most Rocks, since they usually come with Ground as well. As a special attack hitting Rocks on their main weaker defense, it looks able to do nice damage.

In UU, the most likely candidate to wall Miltank is Steelix, so...

Flamethrower off 226 Special attack vs. Max HP/Sp.Def Steelix = 125-147 damage
    Unlikely spread, but this shows it can 3HKO Steelix. Expect higher damage on the more common Physical Wall set, which is 252HP/120Att/136SpD. I'll go ahead and do that one too, for another example.

Weezing Flamethrower vs. Max HP/136SpD Steelix = 156-184

Showing that Flamethrower stands a pretty good chance of 2HKOing. Fun stuff, coming from a Weezing.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Wow, didn't notice that xD
    Thanks for mentioning it.

Miltank is Impish.

I'll switch in Brick Break in place of Body Slam. I can see how that would be better.
    But Body Slam does have a chance for paralysis, so I'll have to think it over.

Don't you DARE put Brick Break > Body Slam. STAB-less Miltank is a lol Miltank. Not to mention Body Slam's paralysis chance is better than hitting Steel types (who'll likely take lol damage from it anyway).

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Don't you DARE put Brick Break > Body Slam. STAB-less Miltank is a lol Miltank. Not to mention Body Slam's paralysis chance is better than hitting Steel types (who'll likely take lol damage from it anyway).

Hah, ok then xD

I actually forgot to bring STAB into account x_X
    *facepalm*

Years
    Yeah, running Brick Break over Body Slam isn't a good idea, since Miltank probably isn't going to be doing massive damage, anyway.

I'm not sure on the calculations on this one, but Seismic Toss over Body Slam might be something to consider? You do lose the paralysis rate from Body Slam, but you gain reliable damage, and since Miltank has Scrappy, Seismic Toss will hit everything. So it might be worth trying out. :)

Last edited:

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Lila is right, Seismic Toss is pretty reliable for Miltank, but I figure it best to leave the set damage moves to Blissey and give Miltank something to help support the rest of the team in tandem with its Heal Bell and SR.

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Well, the need to use Seismic Toss is pretty situational. With Scrappy either is viable, but as his team has a counter against Steels and Rocks, Miltank needn't use Seismic Toss when STAB Body Slam should hit for more than 100 damage on everything that doesn't resist it.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    These are just some suggestions.
    ~I'd use Tbolt over Charge Beam. The SpAtk increase is nice but there's always a chance of it missing and not getting the boost. Up to you though.
    ~Maybe put Pain Split on Weezing for a recovery move.

Other then that pretty solid team :)

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
    Hmm, seems quite suspicious that your lopunny and jumpluff have exactly the same sets as mine and are in the same thread...but hey I don't mind, I know how much fun it can be to use them. I also use porygon2, but I'd suggest either T-bolt or discharge over charge beam because of the accuracy and the immediate amount of power you get, but I guess it's not the end of the world if you left it. Good team, good team.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Hmm, seems quite suspicious that your lopunny and jumpluff have exactly the same sets as mine and are in the same thread...but hey I don't mind, I know how much fun it can be to use them. I also use porygon2, but I'd suggest either T-bolt or discharge over charge beam because of the accuracy and the immediate amount of power you get, but I guess it's not the end of the world if you left it. Good team, good team.

I actually didn't notice your Lop and Jumpluff xD
    They are fun to work with though.

I'll try out T-Bolt over Charge Beam, see how that works out.

Years
    Lopunny's speed EV's seem quite pointless. All it'd be doing to make use of them would be Switching (in which it's going to take damage anyway) and maybe baton passing. But you have agility to raise your speed for a baton pass, meaning speed is unneeded. Your only attack has negative priority, anyway :/
    I say they could go into maxing HP and putting the leftovers into Special Defense (not too practical but a viable option) or Defense.

Bulk up on a CC Hitmonlee is a joke, especially how you say it is for boosting it's defences. You see, why should you boost them when CC will ruin your hard work anyway ? :/

Weezing's moveset makes it look like a special attacker, however, the EV's prove otherwise. Those EV's are for a more defensively oriented Weezing, therefore I reccomend Pain Split. It's been mentioned for a reason.

Back