• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Okay so... your favourite character ever, huh?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • As the title states, I'm pretty sure we all have a favourite character we once played or even multiple favourite ones. I would like to hear stories on them! Tell me who your favourite character(s) to play are/were and what they experienced! This can be either DnD/TTRPG or RP!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Kostre is a thiefling ex-bounty hunter, ex-oppressive regime agent with his head in the clouds, his bongo drums tied to his belt and his spellslots filled with only support tactics. He did his job well and loyally, with a sly smile even though he really isn't sly, and he has enough bardic inspiration and Guidance for the whole party.

then he kind of ran away from his stalky boss and murderous coworker to follow his cool friend who wrote him a heartfelt letter

love him

(i'm actually not sure he's my absolute fav ever, but he was really fun in and out of battles)

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, I went into this already scrambling to pick a character because I like all of them to a certain degree and there's no character that's consistently more fun and interesting than others to write. I think I was able to give most of my characters something that stands out, especially as I kept learning the tricks of the trade. But you know what? I had the answer ready from the start. If I had to follow my heart and my heart alone...

I love Arianne. As most of you know anyways. She's been with me for so long and saw me improve so much as a roleplayer, she's almost like the perfect representation of my learning process. And we're not done yet of course! She may not be extremely well defined as a character but at this stage I feel like that only makes her more fleshed out and complex, more like a real person.

She's actually a lot of things that I may have wished I could have been at her current age, but that I never was... and despite that she feels very close to me in other ways, and still very relatable. She works great for Trainers and its setting, and with the right inspiration, I can always find her something crazy, reckless, and fun to do. She's not really the most responsible girl (at all) but she's out there, living her best life, or at least trying to. Some things she went through?
    Spoiler:

Phew that was a lot and we're just two badges in!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My fav absolutely depends on who I'm playing/invested in at any given time but I can absolutely say I have never been as dedicated to a character as my boy Casey. He's been such a joy! All of his interactions are fun to write and letting him take the story beats at his own pace has resulted in much different approaches than I would have thought to use. I have such clear visions for what he will end up doing and who he will become but getting there is an unpredictable ride and so, so much fun!

He's generally kind but ultimately self-serving, game for any challenge but runs away from actual problems, has tons of friends but keeps walls between them, respects people but doesn't really respect authority, thinks he knows best but hears people out- god, interaction with him is just so much fun, really genuinely!! He's already been through a lot over the course of Trainers- it's been less than two weeks- and he's definitely taken a few blows to his wildly high self-assuredness.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • That's a really good question. At this point I've played a looooot of different characters, but if I had to pick some absolute favorites.

From RP the list is a bit shorter, a lot of RP characters I made were made when I was younger and I have less attachment to them now. Still, Jackson Crane will always be a stand out to me, from Z: A Kalos Journey. A rough and tough delinquent who had a troubled past, he became a pokémon trainer in order to support his "sister" (a girl named Malorie he had taken care of since they both lived in the same orphanage). Jackson had a really satisfying arc where he transitioned from someone who only cared about himself and his family, to someone who took on a big brother role amidst the PC's out of necessity and turned himself from a violent, angry jerk into a determined, rough around the edges protector who just wouldn't stay down.

From TTRPGs the list is a little longer, but the first character that comes to mind is Garen Heinrich Verschollen. A cleric engaged to a beautiful woman, his mother had been reviled by the town for dabbling in necromancy, despite only having noble intentions. When his younger brother picked up the torch to follow in their mother's footsteps, the church (including Garen's fiancé, yikes) had him killed. Garen begged his God to save his brother, but his prayers went unanswered and Garen abandoned his oath. Taking his mother and brothers notes, he became a necromancer, intent to prove that any magic (regardless of origin) could be used to do good and help people. He secretly harbored a wish to become powerful enough to resurrect his brother, without the help of the Gods. As Garen grew and got closer to the people around him, he found a family in the most unlikely of places with the other PC's and after returning to his home and liberating it from a mad man intent on destroying life as he knew it, he finally let go of his grief and said goodbye to his brother after many long years, accepting that one day he would die and see him again.

There are a lot more, including my most recent character, Aik, but I'll hold off on including them until I experience them and their arcs a little more haha.

Back