• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid

Years
  • My name is Aicy.
    Ai, is a Digraph for Greek's Epsilon(ε). While Cy, comes from the persian word Cyrus(Kūruš), meaning The sun, youth, or hero.

I really don't know what I'm saying. lol
    Hiya, Aicy! Welcome to PokéCommunity! :D
    No worries, I know it can be kinda awkward to get into this thread when you're new. XD

That's a really cute avatar. :3 And how your name contains meanings like that is pretty interesting (the Persian word Cyrus sounds way cooler now that I know what it means). Since I don't think you have done this yet, I suggest you make a new thread that contains an introduction, though! That way, people can properly welcome you to the forum, and maybe share a few tips to get around as a newbie. We also have the Adoption Center which can really help you get a jump start at things.

Stick around in this hangout and chat with us! Oh and enjoy your PC stay. :)

Ah Starly is an awesome Pokemon! They're one of the most popular first birds too, haha. Does that mean you're a big fan of Sinnoh in general, or did you go back and play some older games and build up some love for them too?

I remember using Staraptor both in Diamond and Platinum, and it's really useful. There's no doubt about it, Starly's a cool early Bird-type. And honestly, I believe Gen IV was rather underrated even though I liked it the least. D: Now I wanna try another solo run, this time among DPPt just so I could appreciate the generation more.

Oh right, Shayminlover, I highly recommend that you play the older games in case you haven't.

Years
  • My name is Aicy.
    Ai, is a Digraph for Greek's Epsilon(ε). While Cy, comes from the persian word Cyrus(Kūruš), meaning The sun, youth, or hero.

I really don't know what I'm saying. lol

Hi Ycia. Nice to meet you!

Feel free to shout out a VM for me if you wanna talk.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    Hi, Aicy! Welcome!

I think that the first Pokémon I caught was a Poochyena or a Wurmple.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    Hello guys, I'm Kraiza81. I'm new and I love it here. There's so many new things to learn about Pokemon :)

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Hello guys, I'm Kraiza81. I'm new and I love it here. There's so many new things to learn about Pokemon :)
    :D There ARE a lot of things you can learn! If you want to learn something, why not go down to the Competitive Battling Center? I'm sure you'll learn a lot battling with them.

Oh! And the TCG section needs some activity too! Um...

If you want to learn even deeper...Emulation is for you! However Nintendo won't spill the beans so if you want to have advanced features in your game (like follow-me), you'll have to stop by Game Development! I'm sure Abnegation will love to have another member to the Game Dev family!

...So have fun!

Shayminlover123

Top Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hi Shayminlover.

I'm not the best at solo runs cos I always think of type diversity.

I just like to play straight.

Anyways, how are you enjoying the forum?

Hi.Im loving it thanks!Its also cool how he did a solo run with just two pokemon.I also thought it wasn't possible to get your pokemon fully evolved near the thrid gym.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    hi, im new here and this place looks fun from what ive been reading, if anyone can show me around, and basically help me in any possible way, it would be greatly appreciated

Years
  • Hi.Im loving it thanks!Its also cool how he did a solo run with just two pokemon.I also thought it wasn't possible to get your pokemon fully evolved near the thrid gym.

Yeah, but Marriland knows how prepared he is.

The Torterra and Staraptor he used in the Platinum videos were later joined by Azelf.

I'm actually one of Marriland's biggest fans and I comment on his videos!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    hi, im new here and this place looks fun from what ive been reading, if anyone can show me around, and basically help me in any possible way, it would be greatly appreciated

Dear PokeBlack, nice to have you here. I do recommend going to the Adoption Center in one of the sticky threads here. You can find yourself a mentor.

Here's a direct link.
    Click Me

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • I think that the first Pokémon I caught was a Poochyena or a Wurmple.
    This reminds me of my Ruby file. I also caught those two Pokémon first. Although they're disappointing to many, I think they were simply fun to have on the team really. I just wish Mightyena had more of that might in him, though.

And for the first Pokémon I caught, I suppose that would be a Pidgey.
    Coincidentally, my first unexpected Shiny was also a Pidgey. :D

Hello guys, I'm Kraiza81. I'm new and I love it here. There's so many new things to learn about Pokemon :)
    Kraiza, I'm glad to hear that. :) I hope you stick with us for as long as you'd like!
    I'm sure you'd learn much more.

Echoing what I said to Aicy, I highly recommend you make your own introduction thread. Just thoroughly tell us about yourself there, and really get to experience the welcoming atmosphere.

Hi.Im loving it thanks!Its also cool how he did a solo run with just two pokemon.I also thought it wasn't possible to get your pokemon fully evolved near the thrid gym.
    That actually takes a lot of grinding for certain games, methinks. But yes, it is possible, and an interesting playstyle at that. I expected as much from near-solo runs (I can't recall what they call runs that use just a pair of Pokémon). :D

You need tips eh?

Well I think MidnightShine pointed you to the right direction. Just make sure you read the first post! That cannot be reiterated enough. Also, droomph posted a lot of good places to check out. It's okay to follow that even if you're not the person he was replying to, to look at other people's posts intended to help other new members since obviously, it can help you too!

Anyway, I feel like helping you more so I'll go on. Let me think.
    Hmm, I suppose it's safe to say "read the rules" is overused as a tip, common sense really. So I'll mention some others.

For one, read the important threads before jumping into a specific section. Just a short check will do— after all, they're meant to put you in the right direction. So don't take the usual, easy way out and bypass them altogether. x_x Two, you can always message staff members or regular yet willing ones like us for help, we'd be glad to offer you assistance. :D Also, search a specific topic before you make it! Most of the time it's already made or answered, just don't revive month old threads. And last but most certainly not the least, just have a blast. This forum runs on happy faces, and don't worry, it's all about fun here. All that applies to wherever you want to go in this forum, so I really hope that helps you get around.

This goes for every single one of you cool dudes, being new to the forum. Dealing with newbie jitters, I feel that can be harsh at times. And if personally, you still feel scared, no worries. All of this might seem overwhelming, but really, it's not. Don't hesitate! And have a good time. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    My first shiny was a Geodude. It was so weird, since it was unexpected. I think that I caught it with a Great Ball....it was weird.

Shayminlover123

Top Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Ah Starly is an awesome Pokemon! They're one of the most popular first birds too, haha. Does that mean you're a big fan of Sinnoh in general, or did you go back and play some older games and build up some love for them too?
    I played the older games and they are awsome!

I wish I had red/blue/yellow but I don't have a original GB

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • My first Shiny was a Duskull, back when I played Ruby.
    Haha, the only shiny I've ever met was a Starly, on Route 201, before I got my Pokéballs ><"
    I played the older games and they are awsome!

I wish I had red/blue/yellow but I don't have a original GB
    Um...I don't think it's good of you to do this, but you can play GB games pretty easily on the computer! And since it's not, like, an Xbox game, it shouldn't take up that much space and power. :D

And Google is your friend, because linking to ROMs gets you an infraction, and possibly a ban :\ booooo so yeah. Good luck gaming!

DLL

Years
  • Hey guys, first post. Been enjoying reading some of the threads and learning some new things. :)

Cid

Years
  • Haha Thanks, but what is "VM"?

VM stands for Visitor Messages. They're those post-like messages that you see in people's profiles. Except that there are no limits in character nor word length there so it's the perfect place to have light-hearted chat.

To access them you can click on a person's username and then View Public Profile. In his or her profile, if VMs are enabled, you can see a dialog box where you can type in a message. If it's seen by the recipient, that person will post a VM on your profile as a reply. It's an easy way to get to know people, really. :D

Hey guys, first post. Been enjoying reading some of the threads and learning some new things. :)
    Welcome to the forums, DLL! So happy you're enjoying yourself. I've done something like that before I joined, lurking around a few threads and reading up on posts to learn stuff. But now that you have an account, it gets even better. It wouldn't hurt to have your own introduction thread right here in NU/W, by the way. Just make a new thread, describe yourself and get welcomed by people! Maybe meet a new friend or two. :)

Years
  • Hey guys, first post. Been enjoying reading some of the threads and learning some new things. :)

Hi DLL, just call me Hikari.

I love memes, Oshawott, Cheren, Bianca and all the female MC's of the Pokemon games.

So, how are you enjoying this forum so far?

P.S. My signature is literally a meme, made it myself.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

Welcome aboard! As Cid mentioned, why not make an intro thread! We'd loooove to get to know you a bit better and fit you in the community! ^_^ Great to see ya here. <3

Haha Thanks, but what is "VM"?

Pretty much Cid got you covered! Think of it as a Facebook wall post, without the Facebook! xD You can either get messages publically, or just stick to PM, which is Private Messaging. Your choice. :)

CodeCore

D 3 V 3 L 0 P 3 R
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    Here's how it goes, I'll pretend that I didn't post a reply and you'll all welcome me because I'm a new member in the community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back