• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in?
    ROM Hacking
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    ROM Hacking
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Yes, in the various competitions
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    Make a new hack ;)

So, ROM Hacking is your main interest? Well, we currently have DrFuji and dragon456 if you're still interested. Both are experienced hackers and are more than happy to take you around the boards if you like.

Sfyonex

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    So, ROM Hacking is your main interest? Well, we currently have DrFuji and dragon456 if you're still interested. Both are experienced hackers and are more than happy to take you around the boards if you like.

Thanks a lot mate :) Can't really wait to start!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    1) I'm interested in Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold, Black and White.
    2) Same
    3) I will go anywhere beyond the forums
    4) Anime-styled Battling

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1) I'm interested in Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold, Black and White.
    2) Same
    3) I will go anywhere beyond the forums
    4) Anime-styled Battling

A few things about your request: I'm not certain if you're requesting help for those games, or if you like to explore the forums that contain discussion of those games. If you just need help, then we do have sticky threads for that. Otherwise, you need to specify.

Another thing: For #2, I'm asking about what sections you're willing to learn more about besides the ones you're comfortable in. Specify this as well, please.

Also, we do not have Anime-Styled Battling here, unfortunately.

Years
  • Hello. New guy, here.

1. What boards are you most interested in?
    I have an avid intrest in the arts, mostly writing, poetry and drawings/fan art. I'm also quite familiar with the rules of competitive battling.

2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I've always been fascinated by ROM Hacking/Emulation and the like. The things you can do with these tools never cease to amaze me.

Yes, during my time on the forums, I would like to broaden my knowlege on different parts of the fandom.

I would rather like to begin some writing pieces, preferably fanfiction and roleplays. As well, I'd hope to create a gallery so that I may show off my sprites and artwork to the public.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • We definitely have mentors for each area of the Creative Discussions board, as well as competitive battling. What would be your *main-main* interest? Roleplay Corner? Art Gallery? Fanfiction? Competitive Battling? We have mentors for each of the sections I mentioned.

Based on your application, I think either the Art Gallery or the Roleplay Corner are perfect matches, meaning we have Abnegation & Cirno, as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow & Miss Doronjo. Depending on what you're mainly aiming for, I'll go ahead and contact one of them!

Years
  • We definitely have mentors for each area of the Creative Discussions board, as well as competitive battling. What would be your *main-main* interest? Roleplay Corner? Art Gallery? Fanfiction? Competitive Battling? We have mentors for each of the sections I mentioned.

Based on your application, I think either the Art Gallery or the Roleplay Corner are perfect matches, meaning we have Abnegation & Cirno, as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow & Miss Doronjo. Depending on what you're mainly aiming for, I'll go ahead and contact one of them!

Alrighty, thanks a lot. I'll be sure to check them out.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • update: Chadwyck got in contact with me and I'm happy to say that I've now adopted him. c:

AyumuHunter

Heavy Assistant
    Years
    For me I like adventure-style, humor and a bit of hard core action here and there.
    How to use the Adventure and Humor Boards
    Yes. Very Yes.
    Create fun adventures in style's that can be enjoyed for everyone

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    For me I like adventure-style, humor and a bit of hard core action here and there.
    How to use the Adventure and Humor Boards
    Yes. Very Yes.
    Create fun adventures in style's that can be enjoyed for everyone

I...don't understand your request. You need to elaborate what "adventure & humor" is. Is it Fanfiction? Roleplay? Just a reminder, if you want a mentor, you need to indicate what sections in the forums you're interested in. Try exploring the forums one more time and come back, yes?

Also, you miiiight want to explain #3 a bit more, as a "yes" answer doesn't tell me anything. :/

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • @Meganium90: Another member came forward to me and told me AyumuHunter was seeking an RP Corner mentor. I confirmed this with Ayumu myself and have since adopted him. c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Wow, Yellow, you're on fire! xD I shall update the list~

Don't forget...we still have Miss Doronjo for RP mentor if any of you new members still interested in an RP mentor. :D

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    Greetings, I am seeking a mentor familiar with nearly all aspects of pokemon, from beginning to end.
    1) I'm mainly interested in spriting, type elements and shadow Pokemon.
    2) Another interest lies with making game maps that span much larger areas.
    3) Learning the game scripts and how to edit them with few bugs.
    4) Let's not forget Role Play and discussions about Pokemon.
    5) Making a Pokemon game that is more challenging for the player.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, greetings to you sir! First of all, why not create an introduction thread so you can get personally acquainted? :D

Based on your request, I'm not certain if you interested in either Game Development or ROM Hacking, since it looks like you're interested in Spriting and creating a game of your own. If so, I think Abnegation would be a perfect match for you if you desire! I'll see if he's available to take you in. If not, we also have Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplaying if you're interested in venturing to that section! :3

cgaston16

Story Writer
    Years
  • 1) I want to learn a lot more about ROM hacking, the ins and outs

2) I guess all, meeting new people and networking is always fun. I'm not opposed to a thing here, seems great.

3) I saw a thread about music, oh I would love to learn how to do that, but like I said before, I'm not against learning a thing.

4) I want to impress and be impressed. I want to become very knowledgable in ROM hacking, form a team to make our wonderful version, maybe someday become a mentor and bring back that good ol PKMN battling drive

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    I would love a mentor!

I wasn't exactly sure where exactly to post this i am new to forums :/

1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm not exactly sure on how to do this but I will try my best. My main interests at the moment are storytelling, graphic design for the game, making pokemon more into an RPG then it already is. Any help would be great. Sorry if this isn't right

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Anything that you think could help.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Yes, if i find those things are truly necessary that would be great, any advice would be good

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Well I want to truly understand how to make a pokemon game, i am good at codding in both java and C#. I have downloaded pokemon essentials and rpg maker ace, one on one help would be great, tutorials would be brilliant. Advice on what programs i should get is also hugely appreciated.

Sorry if i made any mistake so far, again I am new to forums.

Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? I am mostly interested in General Pokemon, Advanced Generation Games, and Competitive Battle Center. Also Black and White.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I would really love to learn more about Competitive Battling.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Another part I might like to go into is the Trading Center.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Something I would like to do while I'm here is get more advice on Pokemon R/S/E
    and also LF/FR so basically the advanced generation games.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1) I want to learn a lot more about ROM hacking, the ins and outs

2) I guess all, meeting new people and networking is always fun. I'm not opposed to a thing here, seems great.

3) I saw a thread about music, oh I would love to learn how to do that, but like I said before, I'm not against learning a thing.

4) I want to impress and be impressed. I want to become very knowledgable in ROM hacking, form a team to make our wonderful version, maybe someday become a mentor and bring back that good ol PKMN battling drive

Excellent! So ROM Hacking is your main interest, yes? We currently have dragon456, DrFuji, and SwiftSign, and one of the three are willing to take you around the ROM Hacking forums, as well as teach you the basics of Hacking. :D I'll go ahead and contact one of the three if you're still interested.

I wasn't exactly sure where exactly to post this i am new to forums :/

1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm not exactly sure on how to do this but I will try my best. My main interests at the moment are storytelling, graphic design for the game, making pokemon more into an RPG then it already is. Any help would be great. Sorry if this isn't right

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Anything that you think could help.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Yes, if i find those things are truly necessary that would be great, any advice would be good

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Well I want to truly understand how to make a pokemon game, i am good at codding in both java and C#. I have downloaded pokemon essentials and rpg maker ace, one on one help would be great, tutorials would be brilliant. Advice on what programs i should get is also hugely appreciated.

Sorry if i made any mistake so far, again I am new to forums.

First off, I had to remove the duplicate request you made in your intro thread. Just a reminder that mentor requests are not worthy of a separate thread. (we won't get them!) :P

Anyways, you may want to be a bit specific on what you're interested in learning about. Is it Game Development you're talking about? ROM Hacking? From my perspective, it should be Game Development, and we indeed have our very own Abnegation to show you around the section. :)

1) What boards are you most interested in? I am mostly interested in General Pokemon, Advanced Generation Games, and Competitive Battle Center. Also Black and White.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I would really love to learn more about Competitive Battling.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Another part I might like to go into is the Trading Center.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Something I would like to do while I'm here is get more advice on Pokemon R/S/E
    and also LF/FR so basically the advanced generation games.

For this request.. mind if I recommend you the lovely Sydian? :) She'll take you around the General Pokemon Gaming section (which includes the Advanced Generation Gaming section, as well as the Trade Corner, since you're willing to learn more about that section as well! Let me know if you're still interested, because she'll be more than happy to take you in. ^_^

Years
  • @Meganium90

That would be great! I was actually reading the mentor list before I posted and was thinking that she would be a nice mentor for what I want! I also realize that she could show me around the Challenge forum which I wouldn't mind looking into to.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    @Meganium90
    Its definitely the games development, its what im studying in college :) Maybe ROM-Hacking for another time :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back