• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2012
    Mentor predicament

I would like a mentor for the purpose of learning the basics, How to navigate the website and learn more about Roms and Hacks. I hope that someone will hopefully reply to this.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I would like a mentor for the purpose of learning the basics, How to navigate the website and learn more about Roms and Hacks. I hope that someone will hopefully reply to this.

Well we certainly have dragon456 and SwiftSign for that. Not only they'll teach you the basics of the website, but show you around the Emulation section as well. ;3 Want me to go contact one of them? :)

ClayFakemon

Need a spriter for fakemon
    Years
  • So you're just interested in making the sprites. I understand now! Well, Pixel Art is part of the Art Gallery, and we have both Abnegation and Cirno who both know the section pretty well. They'll teach you the basics of spriting as well as take you around the Art Gallery section as well. :3

If you have the time of course, let me know if you're interested in that, and I'll contact one of them to take you in. :D

I think that would help alot, please, if you can, see if u can get them to take me on as their mentee. :)

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2019
    1) What boards are you most interested in? Emulation (and the whole creative section actually)

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Any of them, I'd love to become a part of the community.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? I'm fine going anywhere and socializing with plenty of different people

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Rom hacking, I've lurked a bit but aside from that I can only use advanced map (basic parts), changing starters, etc. but eventually I want to create my own pokemon game to share with my friends. Oh and I use Fr/Lg/R/S/E I haven't adventured into any DS games.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? Emulation (and the whole creative section actually)

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Any of them, I'd love to become a part of the community.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? I'm fine going anywhere and socializing with plenty of different people

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Rom hacking, I've lurked a bit but aside from that I can only use advanced map (basic parts), changing starters, etc. but eventually I want to create my own pokemon game to share with my friends. Oh and I use Fr/Lg/R/S/E I haven't adventured into any DS games.

We have mentors for each of the sections in the Creative Discussions board, but since you're quite interested in Emulation, both SwiftSign and dragon456 are available. :3 I can go ahead and contact one of them if you like (if you're still interested :D)

Years
  • I think that would help alot, please, if you can, see if u can get them to take me on as their mentee. :)

Hiya :D I'd be able to help you out as your mentor if you'd like; I'm really interested in pixel art just like you and know the Art Gallery section pretty well, so we can explore together! I'll send you a PM in a bit~

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2014
    1.Emulation
    2.Everything that meas hacking,especially BW hacking.
    3.For this moment,no...
    4.A lot of tutorials for BW hacking,as well for gen III hacking.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2019

We have mentors for each of the sections in the Creative Discussions board, but since you're quite interested in Emulation, both SwiftSign and dragon456 are available. :3 I can go ahead and contact one of them if you like (if you're still interested :D)

I would love that ^_^ I think somebody contacted me, but when I went back and rechecked there wasn't anything there so I may've been imagining things XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • @RealMrFaceMan: I'm sorry about forgetting to explain VMs. ^^; They often trick new users unfortunately. Regardless, as I told you in your VM just now you may consider yourself adopted for the purposes of the Roleplay Corner. c:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    1.Emulation
    2.Everything that meas hacking,especially BW hacking.
    3.For this moment,no...
    4.A lot of tutorials for BW hacking,as well for gen III hacking.

Hi there, thanks for signing up! Based on your form, the perfect mentor for you would be SwiftSign, so we'll try and get you two in contact asap! I'm sure you'll get along perfectly and hopefully all your hacking/emulation questions will be answered c:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Okay, so I'm available now.

So if anyone needs someone, poke me. :D

Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? Game development, Art Gallery, and Fan Fiction.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? The three above. =) Though I have done computer art (mostly just signatures and basic pixel art, that was like 5 years ago though) and writing, I want to get better. I also want to learn how to develop my own game (with custom graphics and storyline, of course) so these sections are of most interest to me. My main interest is game development, though, as I haven't been able to find as many resources on this topic as the other two. :)

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Gaming discussions and general chat, sure. I'll probably be active all throughout the forums.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I want to get the ball rolling on a game. So, learning RGSS to a comfortable level, making more natural sprites, buildings, etc, and perfecting the storyline and making the story interesting and engaging. If I can contribute in any way, I'd love to do that too, I've worked at message boards since 2003 so I've gotten the basics down pretty good. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hi there! Since you're interested in game development, then the mentor that's perfect for you is Abnegation! He'll be more than happy to take you in if you're interested! We also have Cirno for art gallery, and bobandbill and Astinus for fanfics :3

atria

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    New Member :)

1. What boards are you most interested in? Definitely the Trading and the Trading shops

2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Same as the first, I would like to understand the trading boards better so I can accommodate other members.

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, I like to explore but I'm not quite sure what else there is here.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make friends, trade pokemon, get tips

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Woo! A trader! We have sydian and twiightblade for trade corner. Both mentors are really amazing and know their trading well. I can get one of them to take you in if you're still interested! I can guarantee you that you'll love the.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? Definitely the Trading and the Trading shops

2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Same as the first, I would like to understand the trading boards better so I can accommodate other members.

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, I like to explore but I'm not quite sure what else there is here.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make friends, trade pokemon, get tips
    Awesome, a trader! I'd love to show you around the trading section. Who knows, maybe you'll get some freebies too. :D I'll send you a VM shortly.

Edit: Before I forget, the best way to reach me is by joining the trade chatroom (click to learn how to get in the chatroom). I'm there as blade.

Last edited:

Sfyonex

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    1. What boards are you most interested in?
    ROM Hacking
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    ROM Hacking
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Yes, in the various competitions
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    Make a new hack ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back