• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    Just wondering the pokewalker does indeed save your steps over the long run right? Like say for instance I get 9500 steps, the pokewalker will save it right? Im just wondering bc Im hoping to get that amount before the yellow forest comes out so i can get a surfing or flying pikachu and dont want to do those steps all over if they just reset.
    There's two parts to it, steps and watts.

Watts... use 3 to gamble for items, 10 to search for a wild pokemon. Watts, however, are removed from your pokewalker when you hit return from stroll (which you have to do to change courses), because watts stored on the DS go towards unlocking stages.

EDIT - Steps are reset daily.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    There's two parts to it, steps and watts.
    The steps save, but don't really mean much, except possibly determining watts, and EXP for the current pokemon. They will save, but not do anything.

Watts... use 3 to gamble for items, 10 to search for a wild pokemon. Watts, however, are removed from your pokewalker when you hit return from stroll (which you have to do to change courses), because watts stored on the DS go towards unlocking stages.

So whenever you connect to change course or pokemon, all the useful stuff you probably want will go bye-bye.

Ya but at this point the only thing I really care about is accumulating enough steps to encounter the rare pokemon

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I thought steps were recorded for that course only. Serebii isn't being very clear about the steps, I shook my thing for a few hours and now I have 13218 steps for today. It's hard getting a Pikachu THAT way.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    I thought steps were recorded for that course only. Serebii isn't being very clear about the steps, I shook my thing for a few hours and now I have 13218 steps for today. It's hard getting a Pikachu THAT way.
    Ooooh, you were sooo close, but, erm.... no.
    On the plus side, you can try again. Play a free game on the house.

It is, indeed, per day. I know 'cuz I tested it.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I'm having a "Problem with Paras". D:

Okay, so today, I caught a nice little Paras in my PokeWalker, and sent it to my game.
    I've been training it, and now, I got a little emotional connection to it. X3

.....However,
    I think Oddish will be a better battle bet.
    At Vileplume, it's stats crush Parasect's, and will probably have a nice natural moveset.

Now I can't decide whether to hide away my Paras in my box and replace it with an Oddish, or keep it and all it's happiness.

What do I do?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Hey all, I chose cyndaquil, as on the second rival battle after the second gym, I can't beat his crocnaw(sp) so I was wondering, do you think I should catch a mareep and train it? or transfer my PCP to kill it and get the spike eared pichu?

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I'm in the forest after the second gym. How do I catch the Farfetch'd? I don't understand.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    I'm having a "Problem with Paras". D:

Okay, so today, I caught a nice little Paras in my PokeWalker, and sent it to my game.
    I've been training it, and now, I got a little emotional connection to it. X3

.....However,
    I think Oddish will be a better battle bet.
    At Vileplume, it's stats crush Parasect's, and will probably have a nice natural moveset.

Now I can't decide whether to hide away my Paras in my box and replace it with an Oddish, or keep it and all it's happiness.

What do I do?
    Well.... I say keep Paras. Paras is cool. Plus, if you like Paras, and you want Paras, keep Paras. You could also text match to 21282 to see if your love is meant to be.

Seriously. Stick with what you like, you can always get other pokemon stronger, and get TMs on Paras. This isn't a game that you HAVE to have the best in.

Hey all, I chose cyndaquil, as on the second rival battle after the second gym, I can't beat his crocnaw(sp) so I was wondering, do you think I should catch a mareep and train it? or transfer my PCP to kill it and get the spike eared pichu?
    Umm... you could try that. There's also lots of Bellsprout nearby, if I'm correct.... and then there's just grinding the everlasting crap out of cyndaquil. If you get him strong enough you could tackle your way through it, have some super potions ready and USE SMOKESCREEN! You could also get a Paras from the forest level in the Pokewalker. As you can see, people love Paras.

I'm in the forest after the second gym. How do I catch the Farfetch'd? I don't understand.
    Try this out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg8179QMXiI

Last edited:

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years

You get behind the farfetch'd and press A which really sounds simple but it's pretty troublesome. You should figure it out on your own anyways.

Years
    Hey! Just got my version of Soul Silver today (loving it by the way!!) and I need help finding a new fire pokemon! I picked Totodile because he is my favorite , so Cindaquil isnt an option. Anyone know of some good fire pokemon to get early in the game?

Guybrush Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
    Years
    Hey! Just got my version of Soul Silver today (loving it by the way!!) and I need help finding a new fire pokemon! I picked Totodile because he is my favorite , so Cindaquil isnt an option. Anyone know of some good fire pokemon to get early in the game?

Personally, I decided not to use a fire type in my team this time around

I'm just going with the bug, wind combo

You could try a Vulpix

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Anyone know the ratio of steps to happiness on the pokewalker? I am wondering because I want to evolve my togepi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back