• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I tried searching but I turned up no results in my personal endavours, either that or overlooked them.

I'm curious... when a Pokemon gains a level when it's traveling with you via the Pokewalker, does it gain EV, or does it have the same effect as rare candies?
    I think it just gains a level like it normally would, except not gaining the ev's from killing things, and unlike rarecandys it makes them like you more, not less. :P

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Its pretty much just like rare candies. Except that if the pokemon was supposed to learn a move, it skips it.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    What about Evolutions? :O, I was kinda confused about this.
    It skips those. If, like, Cyndaquil evolves at 15 (maybe inaccurate), and it gets to 15 on the walker, it won't evolve, but then level it to 16 in game and it will.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Where can I get a shiny stone in game? I'm trying to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss and need one. Anyone know where I can get one?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Where can I get a shiny stone in game? I'm trying to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss and need one. Anyone know where I can get one?
    To kind of stem onto your question, which has better stats, a Togetic or a Togekiss?

Also does anyone know what the Link Safari Zone is?

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years

To kind of stem onto your question, which has better stats, a Togetic or a Togekiss?

Also does anyone know what the Link Safari Zone is?
    I would say a Togekiss since it's the evolved form, but I'd know. I just want to know where a Shiny stone is. :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    After the lighthouse, I can't get onto route 40 because this guy keeps on blocking my path and tells me I don't have surf. I've already defeated the rocket grunt in the dance theater and gotten surf and also have defeated Morty. I do have strength as well. I can't figure out what's wrong. =\

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    After the lighthouse, I can't get onto route 40 because this guy keeps on blocking my path and tells me I don't have surf. I've already defeated the rocket grunt in the dance theater and gotten surf and also have defeated Morty. I do have strength as well. I can't figure out what's wrong. =\
    Maybe you didn't teach one of your Pokemon the actual move?

I had the same problem and taught one of my Pokemon surf and he stopped blocking the way.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Has anyone opened the pokewalker route that you get by receiving a foreign pokemon on GTS?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Does anyone know what your supposed to do with an amphraros at the lighthouse, Lyra kept telling me to bring mine, but nothing happens o.o

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Does anyone know what your supposed to do with an amphraros at the lighthouse, Lyra kept telling me to bring mine, but nothing happens o.o
    Go up to the top of the lighthouse and talk to Jasmine.
    After that surf to Cianwood and go to the pharmacy. Get the medicine and head back to the lighthouse to give it to Ampharos.

Years

Is it still the medicine quest where you surf to Cianwood, get this 'Crazy Potion' and surf back?

That was the Gen 2 take. I assume and hope it the same.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
    I need help at Goldenrod. Team rocket came, I went into the radioplace and defeated most of them, but theres a block entrance. No big deal right, well I go underground and where I thought I was suppose to go is also blocked... both buy cards/key thingies. Help, I have no clue what to do..

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Is it still the medicine quest where you surf to Cianwood, get this 'Crazy Potion' and surf back?

That was the Gen 2 take. I assume and hope it the same.
    Yes thats still in the game, But thats not what im talking about, As Im at the pokemon league atm, but Lyra sometimes calls me and tells me to bring an Amphraros to the lighthouse lol.

Also
    I need help at Goldenrod. Team rocket came, I went into the radioplace and defeated most of them, but theres a block entrance. No big deal right, well I go underground and where I thought I was suppose to go is also blocked... both buy cards/key thingies. Help, I have no clue what to do..
    Well at the Golden rod tower, your supposed to beat it, and get the card from the fake director, then go to the underground, and rescue the real director, which will give you another keycard to unlocks the other areas in the Radio tower.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Question: id there any trick to catching pokemon at the safari zone? cuz i just keep trying and they keep fleeing- help please?

shauwk

Years
    After you beat the kimono girls and they say they will be at whirl islands, what are u sposed to do?? I went to the whirl island and im lost because it keeps takin me to the same two islands

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Basically shaking it will do next to nothing. Only a walking motion will trigger the step counter. This is used so people can't cheat and just shake it to gain experience points.

Anyone found a way around this? rofl :P

if not, that's okay. It's Spring now so going for walks is nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back