• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
  • Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask guys, but I couldn't really find anywhere else to ask it.. maybe the Daily Chit Chat in the Other Chat forum, but I don't really want to interrupt the discussion there. xD

So, my question is.. Since I can't be bothered to wait for HGSS anymore, i'm planning on buying it off amazon.com. The problem is - I live in Norway, not the United States. Is it safe to buy the game (a fresh, UT copy) off amazon.com when I live outside the US?

Any answers will be appreciated :D

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask guys, but I couldn't really find anywhere else to ask it.. maybe the Daily Chit Chat in the Other Chat forum, but I don't really want to interrupt the discussion there. xD

So, my question is.. Since I can't be bothered to wait for HGSS anymore, i'm planning on buying it off amazon.com. The problem is - I live in Norway, not the United States. Is it safe to buy the game (a fresh, UT copy) off amazon.com when I live outside the US?

Any answers will be appreciated :D
    Amazon.com is a VERY trustworthy site, I've only ever had one problem with them (and that was a manufacturer problem, which they handled gracefully).

It's looking like region coding isn't going to be a problem, because from what I see the Nintendo DS isn't region coded.

The problem is shipping, mate, Amazon is known for having very high shipping charges internationally. Some items also don't ship international (I know because I planned on buying Baroque from Amazon.co.jp, and it didn't work out like I wanted). As long as you're okay with the price, I'd say go for it.

Remember, though, that international shipping = long waits and high prices.

Years
  • k sorry if this is a dumb question guys x3
    but how do you get the spiked ear pichu? do you have to go to gamestop? can someone tell me the details please? thanks!

If you're in the US, then you can get the Pikachu-Colored Pichu over Wi-Fi with your DPPt game, and then trade it over to do the Spiky-Eared Pichu event in HGSS.
    This event ends on 25th March.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • When you evolve a Pokemon from a different language region, does it retain its unique language status, or does it become a Pokemon of the language region of your current game?

i.e.

French Teddiursa on an English cartridge evolves into an English Ursaring

?

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
  • Im tryong to challenge the elite 4, wheres a good not-victory road place to train? I want all my pokemon to be atleast level 50.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • When you evolve a Pokemon from a different language region, does it retain its unique language status, or does it become a Pokemon of the language region of your current game?
    No, it'll still be a Japanese-named Pokémon regardless of it evolving in an English version of the game.

Im tryong to challenge the elite 4, wheres a good not-victory road place to train? I want all my pokemon to be atleast level 50.
    The best places to train to prepare for the Elite Four and Champion - other than Victory Road - would probably be Route 27. Not many of the Pokémon found in the wild are very high leveled, so it makes it difficult to train to higher levels, but this would be your second best area to do it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • On Pearl, I evolved a Japanese Pokemon (that dinosaur thing) and it became a Pokemon with an English name, though.

Are you positive it retains it? I'm a bit skeptical since that happened.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • On Pearl, I evolved a Japanese Pokemon (that dinosaur thing) and it became a Pokemon with an English name, though.

Are you positive it retains it? I'm a bit skeptical since that happened.
    I've personally never tried it, but I assume it would have stayed the same. However, it may be possible for the name to convert over to English. Lets say you do have a Japanese Teddiursa (with its Japanese name) and it's almost ready to evolve in your English copy, I suggest saving one level before it evolves. If its name converts, then obviously it answers your question on whether it may or not. However, if you don't want the name to change, then you can just shut off and put back on your game - considering you saved a level before. Hope this helps, but I really couldn't say from experience.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I see, I see.

I hope evolved Pokemon, whether their name converts or not, doesn't affect the raise in Shiny hatch chances.

I mean, French names have the same characters as English, so perhaps characters have nothing to do with it and trainers from different countries have special ID Numbers?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    What is the link Safari Zone?
    Gah, this is like the 3rd time I've asked. >.<

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • I see, I see.

I hope evolved Pokemon, whether their name converts or not, doesn't affect the raise in Shiny hatch chances.

I mean, French names have the same characters as English, so perhaps characters have nothing to do with it and trainers from different countries have special ID Numbers?
    The pokemon gets an english name because it had no nickname, and it doesn't evolve into a french named pokemon because the game doesn't know what the french name is. It only knows that it isn't nicknamed, so it changes the name.

This should not effect the shiny egg thing, or any of that, because the game knows your pokemon came from France (or wherever, if we changed countries without me knowing). So you should be fine.

It remembers the location.... there's a way to check where it came from, I think the big globe in the GTS.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Well, actually, the French North American version retains the English names for Pokemon, but it gains the +75% chance to obtain a shiny from an egg.

So I'm thinking it's the trainer ID.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • Well, actually, the French North American version retains the English names for Pokemon, but it gains the +75% chance to obtain a shiny from an egg.

So I'm thinking it's the trainer ID.
    Oh, wow.... yeah.

Regardless of how it's done, it will remain a french pokemon. I think there's a seperate region ID or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    It has to be on Saturdays between 5pm and 8pm I believe - are you asking him that in diglett's cave during that specific time slot?
    Okay...
    Actually I mean he's suppose to trade me a Rhyhorn with Thunderfang for a Bonsly...
    Diglett Cave, you said? I don't know where'll the trading take place... I thought the trade will take place in his Gym...

where is the move tutor and move deleter in HG?

thanks in advance

-Most Move Tutors are in Battle Frontier

-There is one, in Ilex Forest, teaching Headbutt.

-Also two in Blackthorn City:

an old woman teaching Draco Meteor to 'real' Dragon-type Pokemon.

an old man teaching 'Elemental Hyper Beam' for all final forms of starter Pokemon.

-The Move Deleter is living with the two aforementioned elderly Move Tutors.

I hope that helps!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    How does the GTS work? I had done a trade and it gave me 5 people to choose from for trades but today I went back and now I only have 3 people to trade from... Does the number of people you can trade with reset after x amount of time?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Just got the French version, and oddly enough (contrary to the anime), it's like the France version, so PokeNames are different & move names are different.

I still think it's based on ID number or some hidden PokeValue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back