• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Old Kanto/Johto Jouney Jounal - post your recent happenings here

AsunaSakurai

The Goddess
Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 28, 2007
    oops in my yellow version....

i caught a missingle? and it destroyed my entire game! Wahhhh!!!!
    i have to start a new game

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • I just restarted my blue version with Bulbasaur. I now have Bulbasaur lv. 14 and Butterfree lv. 12 and I'm about to challenge Brock. I love blue! I just think it's more challenging than any of the newer games. :)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I just played silver for the first time in a while. I just got the Rainbow wing from the man in pewter city, and then went to ecruteak city and caught Ho-oh.

~{Linkin}•Enex

I'm the best trainer in Sinnoh
    Years
  • In Crystal
    During my Magneton's training, Entei appeared to me.
    I've killed Ho-Oh... fortunately I've saved the game before that... I'll catch him tomorrow.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm trying Crystal (emulator) for the first time. It's a lot like Gold, isn't it? I've played that.

I've reached Ilex forest, almost only using Chikorita. But in order to beat Bugsy, i had to evolve it :(
    but the only pokémon I have that can learn Cut, is Bayleef! And i don't want to spoil my strongest pokémon with a HM...
    so now I'm hunting in Ilex and Union cave for a pokémon that can learn the move, and take me past that stupid, tiny, cuttable tree... can oddish do it?

My "team" is only Bayleef, and a little bit Slowpoke and a tiny bit Hoothoot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2007
    Started a new game in Blue. Beat Brock. On my way to see Bill.
    My team:
    Magikarp LV. 15
    Pikachu LV 18
    Charmeleon LV 20
    Nidorino LV 19.

C'mon Magikarp evolve!!!!

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • On Crystal, I just eradicated Johto of all its Rockets, and now I'm on my way to Blackthorn!

I have a Meganium, Donphan, Flareon, Togetic, Electabuzz, & Cloyster, all Lv33-34. I'm trying to go through the game without too much training.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2007
    Got to Bills
    Beat everyone on SS Anne, got cut.
    Training or Serge.

My team:
    Nidorino LV. 24
    Pikachu LV. 25
    Gyrados LV. 25
    Charmeleon LV. 25

Trying to get my team up to around LV. 30 before I challenge Serge. I could probable take him now, but I will need the training later on in the game.

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • In Crystal, just beat the Elite Four, and arrived in Kanto. I used a cheat code to get the Poke Flute song on the radio to move the Snorlax, used a Heavy Ball and got me a new Snorlax. So I got Snorlax abit early thanks to my cheat codes^.^. I got through Diglett's Cave, and walked down Route 2, ran through Viridian City and ran to Pallet Town. I surfed down to Cinnabar Island and found Gary, brought him back to the gym so I can challenge him. Fly'ed to Pallet and headed up fighting the trainers along the way. Now it was time to defeat my old rival Gary^^, so the battle began. My team were as follows:

Pikachu: lvl 62
    Item: Light Ball
    Moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Iron Tail

Typolsion: lvl 60
    Item: Charcoal
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Fire Blast

Feraigator: lvl 60
    Item: Mystic Water
    Moves: Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Slash

Meganium: lvl 60
    Item: Miracle Seed
    Moves: Razor Leaf, Solarbeam, Earthquake, Safeguard

Heracross: lvl 60
    Item: Blackbelt
    Moves: Vital Throw, Cross Chop, Reversal, Megahorn

Skarmory: lvl 60
    Item: Sharp Beak
    Moves: Fly, Steel Wing, Drill Peck, Quick Attack

I beat Gary and got my Earthbadge! Now I'm on my way to Pewter City to face brock. I wanna do this order just like in R/B/Y, but since I beat Gary already, the last leader will be blaine. More soon :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2008
    Crystal:

Obtained Odd Egg

Just arrived in Goldenrod City

Deposited Croconaw in Day Care

Deposited Ditto in Day Care

Obtained Egg

Withdrew Croconaw from Day Care

Withdrew Ditto from Day Care

PokemonTrainerApril

Bobo is a cool Swampert!
    Years
  • Restarted Game in Silver
    Got a male Chikorita and named it Dexter. =D
    I love Dexter
    Dexter is the coolest.
    *cough* Erm, where were we?
    Obtained Pokedex
    Fought my rival and beat his Cyndaquil
    Caught Sentret
    Caught Pidgey
    Saved.
    :P

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • although my yellow is totaly like broken i rushed it =)
    beat brock with nidoran female (double kick)
    then when i tried to save it, i closed it then rebooted it, i lost data =(

Years
  • Worst thing ive ever done was cathing Suicune on Crystal (ages ago) with one Ultra Ball!!! Well, i hear you say, "Well thats good!", well not quite.

I had a battery pack in on my GameBoy Color and the pack inserted in the back, and a cable from it ran into the bottom port on the GBC. Well after the battle I hadnt saved, like a dumbass, and was twisting the cable as I was playing. Then, for some reason, I pulled the cable out, and after ressetting, i realised i was saved before the battle with Suicune. I mean, FFS!

go swampert

boy wonder trainer
    Years
  • Been playing Pokémon Gold on an emulator and doing a walkthrough on youtube.

with 4 badges in hand I was training on the route beneat Ecruteak City and *bang* I find Raikou sadly I hadn't put my Weeping

Been playing Pokémon Gold on an emulator and doing a walkthrough on youtube.

with 4 badges in hand I was training on the route beneat Ecruteak City and *bang* I find Raikou sadly I hadn't put my Weepinbell in front to put it so Raikou ran, then half an hour later I find a Suicune, this time prepared with Weepinbell in front Weepinbell use Sleep Powder!
    Suicune is now asleep.
    Weepinbell use Cut! 75% HP left on Suicune.
    Suicune is fast asleep.
    Weepinbell use Cut! 50% HP left on Suicune.
    Go Great Ball!!!

1 Shake...2 Shake...3 Shake...Gotcha Suicune Is Caught!

now I've just done Lake of Rage with a lvl 47 Suicune =]

Been playing Pokémon Gold on an emulator and doing a walkthrough on youtube.

with 4 badges in hand I was training on the route beneat Ecruteak City and *bang* I find Raikou sadly I hadn't put my Weepinbell in front to put it so Raikou ran, then half an hour later I find a Suicune, this time prepared with Weepinbell in front Weepinbell use Sleep Powder!
    Suicune is now asleep.
    Weepinbell use Cut! 75% HP left on Suicune.
    Suicune is fast asleep.
    Weepinbell use Cut! 50% HP left on Suicune.
    Go Great Ball!!!

1 Shake...2 Shake...3 Shake...Gotcha Suicune Is Caught!

now I've just done Lake of Rage with a lvl 47 Suicune =]

Last edited:

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • ^Whats with the repeating?

^Whats with the repeating?

Anyway, I'm playing Red again, and I'm in Fuchsia City. One more level until Charmeleon evolves!

...Charmeleon just got KOed by Dodrio's Drill Peck :'(

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I have just beaten my rival before Ilex Forest and have a Level 19 Flaafy, and a Level 21 Croconaw.

Back