• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old PC Days

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Who else here misses the great battling community PC once was? I've got to say; the battlers these days just don't compare to those we used to have here.. Speaking of which, who misses those clans? (no this is not a thread trying to bring them back)

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I just missed the feeling of being at the "top." Being up htere with a group of friends is far more fun than just defeating a league, etc. I remember slowly working my way up till I was amongst some the strongest battlers we had(or at least I hope I had xD).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Don't get me started on PC nostalgia. My original account was here before pretty much any other currently active user that's not Steve, Jake, or Erica. XD

I was 15 when I first joined...I remember that at the time, we shared the forum with PE2K, and we were incredibly inactive PC was after they split off to their own forum again. During this time, Andy, 22sa, and me were spamming all over the forum to bolster our postcounts. XD I also remember all the database errors that occurred in 2003, leading up to the database reset that September (and everyone had to re-register). I remember my year-long stint as a moderator and my six-month stint as an S-mod. :P I remember when the MoTM actually meant something. XD I remember the long nights on AIM and MSN with friends I met here and wish I could get in touch with still. D: I did have a couple of romances come and go during my time here. The most recent of which is long-since gone inactive. I also remember immaturely feuding with a certain pair of staff members that built up to a rather huge cataclysm amongst the staff members. I eventually resigned from the staff as part of its fallout and drifted in and out of inactivity for about four years before making my current account. XD

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Damn... there's a veteran for you. All I can provide is when I first joined to just talk to people. Then I got into Diamond and began talking about it. Before I knew it I had become a battler. Late during '07 I created the Rebirth Revolution Clan and in '08 we had become (no exaggeration or anything) the strongest clan. Mostly cause the higher ranking members were all powerful :P I went on vacation in '08 and came back to find clans banned and just left PC. I lost my interest in Pokemon thereafter and I just visit at times to see some old friends. However, it also disappoints me when I revisit to see what PC has become.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I only joined late last year back in September, and even then so much has changed throughout PC up to now. I met so many new friends here and first began chatting through VMs and PMs rather than posting much those first couple of months. I remember learning on how to build competitive teams with my first friend, who still remains a close friend here [Wolf. /Eric]. I remember challenging so many members to a Wi-Fi battle and a couple trades here and then. All the ups and downs the site has had within this time frame and so much more, it just brings back the good old days when I first joined the forum. I created my first account here and within the next month I learned about all the mistakes I made and started fresh as Quick_Kid/f l a s h/Aero./Kyone. It wasn't until recently I stood up late, played around and had Erica help me make another new account which is what I use now and promise to stick with for years to come. I know there will be many more memories as time passes by, many more DBE, and so on, but that is just all part of the nostalgic feel you get after being a member for so long.

I can definitely say it's unforgettable.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Yea, I've got to say I'm no where near the veteran some of you others are but I consider myself a veteran battling-wise. I started battling during Ooka's reign. The time when he was the absolute best battler here. Along my way I met Mukkamoto who was apparently just a novice... though I've never been able to defeat that guy. I remember feeling extremely excited about finally beating Ooka but then I remembered he was using UU and I, OU lol. I remember when I finally built a strong team and defeated World King. Looking at my record, I kinda wanna go back and battle a little, just to see what new battlers are capable of. But I've been away from the battling scene for "so long," I doubt my knowledge would be enough today :P

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Who else here misses the great battling community PC once was? I've got to say; the battlers these days just don't compare to those we used to have here.. Speaking of which, who misses those clans? (no this is not a thread trying to bring them back)

OMG I do as well... :3

Who misses the Charizard Academy? :3 (Probably no one)

Anyway seeing PC is getting or has gotten it's own shoddy server then I think the battling community will rise again.. :3

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • My best memory was the crush thread. Those were good times man, good times. :'D Karli and her Legendary Frying Pan of doom... Jorfe being called a bunny boy... EVERYONE BUGGING YOU ABOUT WHAT YOUR CRUSH WAS AND GIVING HINTS. Yeah... that was the best thread ever. Too bad it got closed. D:

There was also the time when I first met Shiney_Electrode and Kylie-chan. Those were the good ol' days. Oh, and who can forget the old DCCs? :O When we could just do whatever we wanted? XD Yeah... I miss those days. XD

I had so many crushes it wasn't funny. XD I even had one on David. D: FIVE YEARS AGO LOL GIVE ME A BREAK. THINGS CHANGE. XD We talk like... never. So... yeah, things just... change. Besides, I was pretty n000bish back then so... who knows what I was thinking. D: I don't talk to old friends anymore... at least not from the crush thread/Power of the girls thread days... except like... Arcanine and Shiney. D:

I had some bad times too... but this about good times. XD I still remember that hugify the world club too. It was fun. XD There is so many good things about my past... along with bad times. XD

In the DCC era, I actually made second place in the most posts. I was trying to beat Simon but... I never did. XD

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Charizard Academy. Yes. lol
    I wonder... Do they allow those still? The Academy-eqsue things? or are they considered clans?
    the shoddy server doesnt really matter, lol. a bunch of the top notch battlers have left after PC's battling forum went all blah. haha

and hina: you are more vet than I am so I don't even know what you're saying :) but its nice to see others missing how this site used to be too.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Charizard Academy. Yes. lol
    I wonder... Do they allow those still? The Academy-eqsue things? or are they considered clans?
    the shoddy server doesnt really matter, lol. a bunch of the top notch battlers have left after PC's battling forum went all blah. haha

and hina: you are more vet than I am so I don't even know what you're saying :) but its nice to see others missing how this site used to be too.

I used to be ashs_grrl. D: I made a pact with Andy to stop spamming... but that was back when PC was a little more strict on banning and stuff. So, I've been here for five years. XD

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    lol. look how this thread barely has any variety in posts. all the oldies are gone :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    April Fools 2006 was the best thing in PC's past for me. XD;

Those "old days" for me were good/funny. o3o

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Oh, the old PC Days... I remember when I first joined here - 2 years ago. My purpose here was to trade and get Pokémon for my Dex, but I also love to battle, so I became a frequent visitor to the Battle Stadium. Those days, I was kinda newbie and all when I used Gameshark Codes to catch Pokémon in my GBA games, teach them eggmoves while caught in Master Balls and migrate and battle. Little by little - and witnessing the epicness of Legendary Battlers such as Richard Lynch (was R. Steel back then), Xairmo, Loto, and when clans existed, the epicness of The Clan. Unfortunately, a few months after I've joined, it started getting inactive and everyone was going their separate ways. I formed my clan - The Draco Alliance - and got quite some epic members. Also adding the unforgettable Charizard Academy...

Then YOU came, .XEL, and we had our epic feuds. After those times, the Battle Stadium became less and less active; in fact, like XEL said, its activeness today is NOTHING compared to the old days. Nonetheless, the Wi-Fi Center has been my home ever since; and I sure miss the old days...

BTW, I'm sure that if you want to, you can update on all the current Wi-Fi battling hot stuff going on. If you'd do that, I'd like a rematch, XEL... for old times' sake.

Years
  • I remember 2005... sorta. I barely posted, and I was a noob in the true sense of the word (and 'noob' is not a word I use lightly >>).Those were the times when I was just learning to sprite... good days. Then I upped and left for another forum, purely because I couldn't fully concentrate on both at one time, and the one I left for was less intimidating. When that forum went belly up I returned here. xD;

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • As you can see, I joined over 5 years ago.

Things were definitely different then... This was more of a NetBattle/Shoddy forum than a general chat forum. The RPs were better back then, too.

Right now there's only one person in the PC Shoddy server. I rest my case.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    The forum is very different now form when it once was. Ironically, there's more active members on the forum now than there was before. I remember when community supporters didn't exist. I believe Geomew was the first person to donate?

I do miss the old DCC before it went through it stages.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    WK :D
    Haha, I came along after they shut down the Nintai. I made the RRC, which I must say was better then Draco ;) I'm actually currently trying to work on a clan project. By gathering all the best from around the world and forming one "perfect" clan. I think you'd qualify? :) I'm not sure I understand what you say by feuds >< You mean real fighting? Or Battling? lol I beat you that last time(which was the only time) we battled right? and Battle you right now? Yeah right, you like 6-0 me... I don't understand anything anymore. and I still only have Diamond so I can't use those new moves, etc. Richard was amazing, but Aragorn was better, don't you think? If I had to rank the top three battlers from back then, they'd be Aragorn, Richard, and Ooka.

I remember the wifi forums were declining in activity. Then came around the spark of Clans and the activity grew. Then they decided to ban clans. I still don't see the logic in it :P

Back