• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    what do you mean?

babies from hack pokemon are legal but not legit?

Nope. It's kinda like if, in DPPT, you hacked the azure flute and used it to catch Arceus. You used a legit means of obtaining the pokemon, but the way you went around it (using a hacked item) kills its legitimacy. You may be legitly breeding a pokemon, but as the parent was hacked, any offspring will thus be considered as such.

I really hope I made sense there I am sick so my brain is all loopy. XD

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    The way I see it is this. You have two types of Pokemon -- illegal and legal. A subset of legal is 'legit', where you legitimately received the Pokemon through battles, hatching, or an event (and etc). A 'legal', but illegitimate Pokemon can be traded on the GTS and compete in battles and the like, because it is POSSIBLE for that Pokemon to be in the game. An illegal Pokemon can not appear in the current games (such as a Charmander who knows Water Gun, etc).

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • The way I see it is this. You have two types of Pokemon -- illegal and legal. A subset of legal is 'legit', where you legitimately received the Pokemon through battles, hatching, or an event (and etc). A 'legal', but illegitimate Pokemon can be traded on the GTS and compete in battles and the like, because it is POSSIBLE for that Pokemon to be in the game. An illegal Pokemon can not appear in the current games (such as a Charmander who knows Water Gun, etc).
    That is exactly what I understand of legal, legit, and illegal stuff. ^^

Nope. It's kinda like if, in DPPT, you hacked the azure flute and used it to catch Arceus. You used a legit means of obtaining the pokemon, but the way you went around it (using a hacked item) kills its legitimacy. You may be legitly breeding a pokemon, but as the parent was hacked, any offspring will thus be considered as such.

I really hope I made sense there I am sick so my brain is all loopy. XD

I think it depends on each person to consider the babies from hacked parents are hacked or not. The reason for azure plute's Arceus to be hacked is because the item is never released so if someone receives a Lv. 80 Arceus, that person will immediately know that the Arceus is hacked and it is illegal. On the other hand, babies from hacked parents are really hard to know (unless the person who breeds it let you know that it is from hacked parent) and there is nothing can check where it comes from, that's why I think the babies are still considered to be "legal" and can be still traded.

Last edited:

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    ok let me give this example.
    if i have a hacked flawless ditto. and i breed it to make more flawless pokes or near flawless pokes. are the babys hacked? i mean theyre not legit cus you used a fake ditto. but if you run the babys through a hack checking system. will it say that its hacked?

johnny18

Years
  • ok let me give this example.
    if i have a hacked flawless ditto. and i breed it to make more flawless pokes or near flawless pokes. are the babys hacked? i mean theyre not legit cus you used a fake ditto. but if you run the babys through a hack checking system. will it say that its hacked?
    The hack check would say the babies are legal. ^^

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Look, I've done the hacked parent thing before, they are completely legit. Even if you think the Pokemon are hacked, the Pokemon are considered legit because you used a legit means to obtain said Pokemon. You only hacked the parent, which you'd probsbly be using a legit Ditto anyway.

Fluffee

Fluffeeeeeeee
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Deino with dark pulse and Earth Power? If I have a Garchomp with Earth Power does it have to be male?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Deino with dark pulse and Earth Power? If I have a Garchomp with Earth Power does it have to be male?

It does. Only males can pass on moves. Thus a dark pulse/Earth Power Deino is impossible, as Garchomp cannot know Dark pulse.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I simply must post in the TC Daily Chit-Chat before I leave. So, in celebration of the new theme and all those database errors, I leave you all with this:

Stunfisk (NN: Database)
    Nature: Adamant
    IV Spread: 0/0/2/0/0/0
    Characteristic: Highly Persistent

I already have the seed for this and it will be RNG'ed and added to my shop upon my return (probably as a giveaway :P ).

Anyway, hopefully when I get back, this place will be as or more active than it was when I first joined.

Until then, see you later TC! It's been fun!

Gino Weinberg

Knight of Three
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2012

That should literally be a giveaway here. That's awesome. Our mascot Pokemon. XD

Awww don't go. ;;

Not being able to post links for the first time in years lmao what is this

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I simply must post in the TC Daily Chit-Chat before I leave. So, in celebration of the new theme and all those database errors, I leave you all with this:

I already have the seed for this and it will be RNG'ed and added to my shop upon my return (probably as a giveaway :P ).

Anyway, hopefully when I get back, this place will be as or more active than it was when I first joined.

Until then, see you later TC! It's been fun!

Sad to see a good trader go. :( You'll be missed.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • So last night I nagged Twisted and it worked. Work on the guides should start soon! o3o;

johnny18

Years
  • Seems like I could not RNG anymore. The seed I try to hit could not come out as the way I want it to be T-T
    Also DW, I do not know why but my game keeps saying that the game sync is running out of energy and it needs 1 day to recover but I already waited for 1 day

Last edited:

johnny18

Years
  • It may just be you're not hitting your timer0.
    Yeah, I think that may be the problem.
    I try a bunch of seeds in different days but it is still the same.
    I will try to stay up late tonight to do it again or you can see me in the hospital because I broke my hands for SR my DS too much XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back