• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Older brothers or sisters - are they mean?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • One of my brothers, Mike, is one of my better friends, not to mention a really great guy. I'm proud to be related to him.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm the oldest of the 4 children in the family, older than the youngest by 14 years.

I'm rather mean to them however, so I guess that answers the question.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been an only child pretty much my whole life, save for about two years. During those two years I had a step brother of sorts, he was 16 and I was 11 at the time. We got along well, though. He was never mean to me, but because it was only two years we didn't really have time to get to the "Big brother's being mean to me! ; ; " point.. xD; Being an only child is a drag sometimes.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I get along just fine with my two older sisters now that we're all adults. I wouldn't dare say that around five years ago, but what siblings don't fight at least a little bit? You're cut from the same cloth and you have to share the same space... it gets a little irksome.

Lucky me, I was the youngest. I got the most attention out of all three of us. o3o

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Well, I have 3 brothers and each of them are pretty different when it comes to being mean.

Mike is lovely. He's older than me by 17 years, which makes him an adult figure in my life as well as a brotherly one. Steve is good fun. He's 9 years my elder, and before he become someone who I could have a laugh with, he was a physical bully - he used to bully me and Dave something mad. Dave is probably the brother I'm most like. He's 7 years older than me, which is still pretty large. It depends on everyone's mood as to whether they're mean or not; sometimes, they can all be horrible. But most of the time; chyeah, they're good-'uns. :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Lemony Snicket (from Horseradish) said:
    Siblings who claim to get along all the time are most definitely hiding something.

Me and my younger brother fight like its WW3 but me and my older brother used to bicker heaps, but now its kinda mild between us, probably because he's never home. But I'm cool with mah bros. :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't have any older siblings. I only have one younger sister, and yes, I'm mean to her at times. >:D It's justifiable, since we're all living together and sometimes, I get bored and have to do something to brighten up my day~ I still love my younger sister, and we always annoy each other and play tricks on each other all the time. I get away with most things, though. :3

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I'm the oldest of three children so no, I don't have a older bro or sis... But my little sister and little brother are annoying as hell. They start trouble for no reason and for some reason, I always get blamed, and sometimes just them two are fighting yet I still seem to be blamed.... *sigh*

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I don't have any older siblings; I'm the firstborn child of the family =O
    I have one little brother who's about 3/4 years younger than me. I do have my mean moments, but only when we're both tired and wound up. I don't go out of my way to be mean to him or anything.

Generally, it depends on the person. Some people are mean no matter whether they have a younger sibling or not, and some people are almost never mean. To make a generalisation about all older siblings would be rude, IMHO.

xX

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    They aren't mean but are what they are supposed to bo. Treat me like a little kid at times, and an adult at others, quite confusing. xD

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • I have a younger brother, who constantly tries to anny me, or hit me.

He;s okay sometimes though :D.

In short; Yes, I am very mean.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • They can be in both ways. Sometimes mean and sometimes even cruel. I can't remember...I haven't seen them since i was five. (my older brothers i mean.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I am a older brother, and yes i am Mean. Muhaha. ^^ Nah im just kidding. I try to be nice to my family and freinds.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • What is this? Older siblings mean? That couldn't be more untrue for me if I wanted it to be. Me and my older brother, for the most part, got along fine. Now... my younger sisters... meanest teens you'll ever see. If it was up to them, they would have kicked me out of the house as soon as I turned 18, taking over my room. Boy I'm glad I have my parents.

Years
  • I...have no brothers or sisters, bar the fact that I do have step brothers and sisters, but I have never known them and the distance between us is incredible, I haven't even met them so that should say a lot. But I can see myself losing patience pretty quickly if I were to have siblings who couldn't take no for an answer.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I have an older sister and a younger twin, and I want to kill them both. They are rude, arrogant self centred b*****s. There Lol.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Luckily, i'm the oldest.

Unluckily, for my younger brother, he is the subject to my pranking.
    My two sisters are left alone, for the most part...

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My older sister's mean to me.

But it's mainly because she's not very open-minded. Isn't any different from the rest of my family, I suppose. -_-

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I used to fight all the time with my oldest sister and we'd be absolutely brutal, then she went to college... miraculously when she comes home actually tolerate each other very well and we even have a common interest. Practically no fighting... expect for occasional stupid sister things, ya know ya know. DX It's never been the same 24/7 tension between us like before though.

ANYWAY. I think older siblings are mean when they can get away with the pointless cruel ways, when younger siblings are too young to outsmart, reason and can't hold their ground. That's how it was with me and my oldest sister, but my middle sister has always been the peace keeper. :d She's never mean unless you hit a raw nerve. Wah, I still dislike being the youngest though. ;3; Baaaadd times.

Back