• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"OMG, so challenging!"

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Which video game, or video games, do you think was the hardest game that you've ever played, or beaten? Why do you think that video game(s) were so challenging to play, or beat?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Fire Emblem games are quite definitely challenging, especially the older ones with almost no ways to grind, no DLC, Spotpass, etc. Shadow Dragon ~o~

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I love every chance I get to post this game.
    "OMG, so challenging!"

Normal mode alone is harder than most games I play. Now, Hard mode and Super Hard, that's just pushing it, man. Don't get me started on the Grand Prix. 90% of the people who played this game never got to see the AX tracks, or master mode in general. (including me.)

Hilariously enough I thought Super Meat Boy was cake (from what I played), I guess I play too much platformers haha. I'm also waiting for the inevitable Dark Soulds post.
    Fire Emblem games are quite definitely challenging, especially the older ones with almost no ways to grind, no DLC, Spotpass, etc. Shadow Dragon ~o~
    They can be challenging, but one of the hardest games? That's kinda reaching. It's only very hard the first time around where you're still unfamiliar with the mechanics (unless you're a veteran in turn based strategy games like X-COM or Advance Wars, though they aren't RPGs), or got used to grinding in Sacred Stones or Awakening. You just have to worry about the RNG not screwing you up, otherwise it's standard strategy fare, unless it's Awakening or Sacred Stones.

Awakening is BS without grinding though, because of the way the maps are designed. You basically need to grind in Lunatic. It's more of a frustrating thing than a challenging one though. Sacred Stones is perfectly manageable without grinding because the maps design is just better.

EDIT: Oh damn forgot this
    "OMG, so challenging!"

Probably the only game that makes me want to go on a tantrum. Not only because of the difficulty, but because the game just sucks. I have to wonder about the people who complain about Punch Out's difficulty if they every played this game, because it's a cakewalk in comparison. God dammit I hate it.

EDIT2: Honorable mention goes to
    Spoiler:

The second best game of this year imo. I'm not joking, despite the (amazingly hard) difficulty, it's super addicting. (If you know what it is.)
    ファール!

Last edited:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    All of the early Legend of Zelda games!
    To this day I still have yet to beat any Zelda game. I refuse to use guides, but I'm just too stupid to figure this stuff out. Hell, it took me years just to figure out how to get Link to turn into an adult in Ocarina of Time, literally years. And now that he's an adult, I have no idea what to do now.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I would say Final Fantasy 3 DS as all the bosses in it really gave me a hard time.
    To this day I have not seen a tougher game.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    There are tonnes of little indie games that I'd consider ridiculously hard out there. For example, you got Super Meat Boy, Braid, Spelunky, Super Crate Box, Faster Than Light, it all really just seems to be a common trend in that genre of gaming, that the tougher your game is, the better it is! :/

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    Probably the original Persona 3, but I plan on playing Dark Souls soon so...wish me luck.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Probably the original Persona 3, but I plan on playing Dark Souls soon so...wish me luck.
    I don't get what's so hard about P3. Most (all) of the times I died is because of the stupid A.I teammates, but otherwise everything is easy. Try P3 Portable, it's amazing how much easier it is.
    Renyui! said:
    There are tonnes of little indie games that I'd consider ridiculously hard out there. For example, you got Super Meat Boy, Braid, Spelunky, Super Crate Box, Faster Than Light, it all really just seems to be a common trend in that genre of gaming, that the tougher your game is, the better it is! :/
    Yeah I don't get these design choices. Worst thing is these games are heavily reliant on trial on error. When someone calls Super Meat Boy an amazing platformer (Certainly a good one, though), I have to question them because trial and error is NOT good level design.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    I don't get what's so hard about P3. Most (all) of the times I died is because of the stupid A.I teammates, but otherwise everything is easy. Try P3 Portable, it's amazing how much easier it is.

Yeah, I have P3P as well. Being able to control your team made it a lot easier. The series' difficulty has been getting less and less prominent. P4G with all of its extra features made it pretty simple (at least on Normal).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Nearly every NES game (especially Ninja Gaiden 1-3 and Battletoads). I Wanna Be the Guy, too.

I'm trying to at least beat one of these games someday.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Not exactly a difficult game in itself but trying to Gold Solo Mass Effect 3 multiplayer can be pretty challenging and that's not even the hardest difficulty.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    Ninja Gaiden, though I still haven't beaten that. I remember beating Battletoads on the Genesis when I was a kid, don't remember how, though.

Any Danmaku or SHMUP if you're going for the 1CC or worse, no miss.

Back