• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Once Upon a Time: An Adventure in Storybrooke [M][OOC]

Years

• Once Upon A Time
    An Adventure In Storybrooke

Not so long ago, in a land that isn't really that far away, there lived a girl who was trapped in a tower. Caged there by a woman who called herself the girl's mother. One day the girl escaped the tower and-

Yeah we all pretty much know the story. I'll just sum it up. Basically the girl has magic healing hair, she runs around, falls in love, and lives happily ever after, the end. Well, it would've been happily ever after. But, Mother Gothel had other plans. She had warned the girl that the world was a terrible, awful place filled with cruel and nasty things that lurked in the shadows. Unfortunately, Rapunzel saw the positive side of every situation. She could see the goodness in others, even if they couldn't see it themselves. She was happy in the world, the one she had been afraid of for so long. But Mother Gothel was angry. She wanted to show Rapunzel that the world was not all rainbows and sunshine. So, she concocted an old curse she had been saving for a situation such as this. A curse that would bring the end of all happiness and banish everyone to a new realm void of all magic. She cackled as she filled a pot with ingredients. One by one the pot filled with various objects. Finally, she added her own special touch, a magic bean that could create a portal between worlds. With her addition to the spell, not only the enchanted forest, but so many more worlds would be cursed as well. She only needed the final ingredient to catalyze the mixture and start the curse. She needed the heart of the thing she loved most. Fortunately, that person was always with her. She thrust her hand into her chest, ripping out her heart. She crushed it into the pot, collapsing to the ground as the world filled with a golden fog. The curse had begun. When everyone woke up they wouldn't remember who they were. They would be new people, in a new world, a scary world. One that would finally allow her to get her revenge on Rapunzel.

Story:
    A mysterious object has appeared in the town square. A stone, impaled with a sword, has suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Nobody thinks anything of it, the curse causing them to go about their daily business. But, the arrival of this odd stone has begun the transfer of magic into Storybrooke. The small bit of magic that radiates out from the rock has begun to help people remember who they are. A small spark to light the fire.

Magic will not exist in Storybrooke until people start to remember who they are. Unfortunately, this will not be as simple as it sounds. In order for someone to remember who they are, an event in storybrooke must happen that mirrors an event in their past. So, you'll have to talk with other roleplayers to formulate a story and a backstory that fit together. Once some people have started to remember, which will be referred to as awakening, magic will slowly start to return. Once enough magic returns, awakening will happen more often, until everyone remembers who they are. Before this happens however, everyone will be going about their normal business in Storybrooke. Basically acting as if they are normal people.

The story will start in Storybrooke, where everyone will have amnesia and be unable to remember their past. The story will be completely character driven, with little to no interference by myself.

Storybrooke:

Storybrooke is a small town in Main, which is located in the north-east US. Some notable locations include: The clock-tower, Granny's diner, Blanchard Apartment, Dark Star Pharmacy, Game of Thorns- a flower shop, Granny's Bed and Breakfast, Gold and Silver Pawn shop, Lakeside Mansion, Marine Garage and docks, The Library- In the clock-tower basement, the caves/mines, Storybrooke Convent- the home of the fairies, Storybrooke Elementary School, Storybrooke General Hospital, Storybrooke Graveyard, Storybrooke Sheriff Department, Storybrooke Town Hall, the Wishing Well, Toll Bridge.

Rules:

Your character may not awaken(remember their past) until they meet the requirements below:

• All RPT rules apply
    • You must have an event in Storybrooke happen that mirrors a significant point in their past
    • The event must include other people's characters. Keep in mind you have to have their permission to include them, and must not control their character.
    • You must run it by me first, this is to insure that you don't remember too quickly and have met the two above rules.
    When you sign up, your character must either be an already existing fairytale character or have some relation to a character. For example you could have them be a character's relative (brother, daughter, cousin, ect) or have them be friends, or have them be an employee of them, or any other way you can think of to relate them to a character.

This is a sandboxy roleplay, and for that reason you may do pretty much anything you want, but if you feel like what you are doing may affect the story/other characters in a major way, please run it by me first. If I feel like someone is making their character too powerful or upseting the other roleplayers I will step in, but I trust that most of you know your limits and will behave yourselves.

As always follow the rules of the rp section and have fun!

Sign-up:

Storybrooke

Name: (must be different from the fairytale character)
    Age: (Can be how old they appear, instead of actual age in case they have a longer lifespan than a normal human)
    Appearance: (picture or paragraph minimum)
    Personality: (paragraph or more)
    Powers: (optional, keep in mind they won't have these until magic is restored to Storybrooke)

Fairy-Tale

Name: (of the character they are based on)
    Story they are from: (if there is more than one story choose just one, ex: Rapunzel vs. Tangled)
    Origin World: (Fairy Tale Land, Neverland, OZ, Wonderland, ect)

Cheshire Cat as Oscar Wilmslow/Cheshire Cat
    Godzil as Jennifer Shahra/Genie of the Ring
    Varys the Galvantula as Joseph Macho/The Big Bad Wolf
    Wizardman11 as Pete Brier/Peter Pan

Last edited:
    Years

• Oscar Wilmslow

Male

Appears about 25.

Appearance

Oscar is not particularly
    tall, and at the same
    time, not particularly
    short. He stands at
    about 5'8", but hunching
    over is known to make
    you appear shorter.

Oscar is known for his eccentric clothing, usually consisting of pinks and purples. He is fond of striped turtleneck sweaters (which appear extremely itchy) and black gloves. He doesn't usually wear shoes; the bottoms of his feet are hard and callused. He also wears a worn, purple top hat that covers his jet-black curly hair.

His face (Oscar's, that is) is often compared to that of a cat's, which should not come as a surprise. He has high cheekbones, large eyes, a button nose, and a rather unnerving, toothy grin.

Oscar's eyes are a sickly discolored yellow. His irises are black (he blames this on a condition he was born with) and his eyelashes are long.

Personality

Oscar is a funny fellow, and he loves to laugh (mostly at things that are seemingly not funny at all.) His voice seems to be rich with wisdom, but if he has much wisdom at all, he rarely shares.

Sometimes people will see Oscar talking to himself or his cats. Usually about strange dreams he had the night before.

Oscar is a rather poor conversationalist. Whether he just doesn't have the stamina to listen to what other people are saying or he just doesn't care, nobody knows. It doesn't really matter. He's known to talk with people until the conversation becomes dull or touches upon a subject that doesn't interest him (or he is already well versed in.)

Powers

The ability to disappear and reappear, sometimes doing so with only certain body parts (such as his head floating in midair, seemingly separated from his body which could be in another place entirely,) as well as shapeshifting abilities (turning his head into say a pumpkin, for example.) Occasionally he is known to take the shape of an entirely different person, although he cannot do so for a particularly long time and his yellow eyes do not transform and are a telltale sign.

Fairy Tale

Name: The Cheshire Cat
    Story they are from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
    Origin World: Wonderland

Accepted :D
    I'll add a section for roleplayers/characters in the rp tomorrow, I'm too lazy to do it now XD

Years
  • I don't think I'm going to be able to join since I'm already working on other stuff, but this looks excellent. Nicely done!

Years
  • I do love a good fairy tale. Count me in.

Name: Jennifer Shahra

Appearance: Jenny is a short, thin girl (roughly 5' 1") of Eastern origin. Her skin is light brown, and her hair was originally black, but she dyes it hot pink, and wears it in a ponytail that reaches her shoulders. Her most striking feature (once you get past the hair) is her eyes, which are a cool gray. Her usual outfit is rather outlandish, consisting of a sleeveless purple shirt, white shalwar (pajama pants that go to her knees), a pink belt and pink sandals. She also wears a pair of golden bracelets, which she is never seen without. In fact, even she can't remember a time when she wasn't wearing them.

Spoiler:

Personality: Jenny seems to perpetually have a smile on her face, and likes to make others happy as well. She is always cheerful and excited, and tries to make the best out of any situation. Despite this, she seems distracted, like she's lost something but can't remember what. She tries not to let it show, but it prevents her from ever having much fun on her own, so she dedicates her life to helping others instead. Whether it's by baking them some muffins, helping them move a couch, or even just offering a hand to get them back on their feet, Jenny is happy to help. Because everyone's her friend, and she loves to see her friends smile.

Powers: As the genie of the ring, Jenny can use her magic to fly, conjure objects, and grant wishes to the owner of her ring. Notably, the wishes she can grant are limited in scale: she can't use magic to kill or resurrect anything, can't tamper with free will, and cannot undo the wishes of a more powerful genie.

Fairytale

Name: Genie of the Ring
    Story they are from: Aladdin
    Origin World: Agrabah, Fairy Tale Land

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do love a good fairy tale. Count me in.

Name: Jennifer Shahra

Appearance: Jenny is a short, thin girl (roughly 5' 1") of Eastern origin. Her skin is light brown, and her hair was originally black, but she dyes it hot pink, and wears it in a ponytail that reaches her shoulders. Her most striking feature (once you get past the hair) is her eyes, which are a cool gray. Her usual outfit is rather outlandish, consisting of a sleeveless purple shirt, white shalwar (pajama pants that go to her knees), a pink belt and pink sandals. She also wears a pair of golden bracelets, which she is never seen without. In fact, even she can't remember a time when she wasn't wearing them.

Personality: Jenny seems to perpetually have a smile on her face, and likes to make others happy as well. She is always cheerful and excited, and tries to make the best out of any situation. Despite this, she seems distracted, like she's lost something but can't remember what. She tries not to let it show, but it prevents her from ever having much fun on her own, so she dedicates her life to helping others instead. Whether it's by baking them some muffins, helping them move a couch, or even just offering a hand to get them back on their feet, Jenny is happy to help. Because everyone's her friend, and she loves to see her friends smile.

Powers: As the genie of the ring, Jenny can use her magic to fly, conjure objects, and grant wishes to the owner of her ring. Notably, the wishes she can grant are limited in scale: she can't use magic to kill or resurrect anything, can't tamper with free will, and cannot undo the wishes of a more powerful genie.

Fairytale

Name: Genie of the Ring
    Story they are from: Aladdin
    Origin World: Arabian Nights

Accepted,

This is kind of awkward but I may have made a mistake with the world examples and not really explained what they are. XD The enchanted forest is a region inside of Fairy Tale Land, which also has continents/subcontinents like Arendelle, Agrabah, and Misthaven(The Enchanted Forest). You can travel between these lands without any magical help. Whereas with Wonderland, Neverland, and Oz, you have to use magical means because they are a different world. So your world would be Fairy Tale Land, and location would be Agrabah. I apologise for the mistakes, but that's what happens when you whip up an ooc in a day XD

Here's a map of the known regions in Fairy Tale Land:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks!

And that picture is kinda small, making it hard to read. Not sure if it's a problem for anyone else, but I'm just pointing it out.

Years
  • Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks!

And that picture is kinda small, making it hard to read. Not sure if it's a problem for anyone else, but I'm just pointing it out.

Hmm that's, odd. On my screen it's rather big, thus why I put it in a spoiler. I guess it's my wacko computer again. I've had issues like this before XD

Years
  • It could be me, though. I use my mobile, so small things are extra small. But I opened the image in a new window, and it's like 200x102, so zooming in just made it blurry.

Not a huge issue, just pointing it out in case it affected anyone but me.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • WIP
    DONE
    Once Upon a Time: An Adventure in Storybrooke [M][OOC]

image by https://peteropanda.deviantart.com//

Joseph Macho

Male || 47 years old || Big Bad Wolf

Appearance:

"There is no word to describe Joseph Macho but buff. Everything about him is large. He is a giant at six-foot-seven and almost 350 pounds. He is a really fuzzy man as hair grows all over him but Joseph does not care one bit. His elegant beard flows until the center of his chest and upward such that his hair, his mustache, and his beard is one majestic piece of cranial mane. Joseph's eyes are deep black in color. the better to see people. He possesses a large mouth, better for speaking his mind. He had a large nose, better for smelling his enemies.

He is broad-shouldered and his arms are heavily chiseled. He is not sinewy; his arms are comparable to the trunks of trees whereas regular people's arms are simply branches. This is all the better to carry things around. He has a large stomach but he is not fat. His abdomen is filled with eight packs of manliness, all the better to digest the meat around the area. His legs is more like the huge skyscraper that towers above mortals. All the better to chase anyone who cross him down."

- lifted from Joseph Macho's personal diary

Personality:

Joseph Macho is a man. Above all, he prides his strength and is not shy in showing it off. He calls himself as a 'strongman' and goes great lengths to show it off. His shirts are all cut at the sleeves so that he could always show his muscled arms to people around him. He loves the attention his strength is giving him.

However, despite the vain exterior, Joseph is loved by people, especially kids. He knows how to take care of little children, by showing them that the little but great things in life usually goes unnoticed. His favorite story to tell them is that the best things are not usually in the path you are traversing. Each one needs to stray or go out of their own way to, in a sense, 'smell the flowers.' Kids love that story.

Powers:

- Lycanthropic Shapeshifting

Joseph Macho can shapeshift into a furry and large wolf. All his other powers can only be activated if he is in his Wolf form. While in this form, he loses almost all his human reasoning and rely mostly on his carnal instincts. Very dangerous, it is recommended to not approach Joseph Macho when in this form.

- Telepathy
    - Enhance Strength
    - Enhanced Speed

Story they are from: Little Red Riding Hood
    Origin World: Infinite Forest

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • I'm am finally done with my SU. I hope you do get my references in my sign-up. It's hard writing a character that I am to be good at the beginning but will be a little bit dark once the magic sets in, and still have the same personality.

Years
  • I'm am finally done with my SU. I hope you do get my references in my sign-up. It's hard writing a character that I am to be good at the beginning but will be a little bit dark once the magic sets in, and still have the same personality.

Accepted! Your World is Fairy Tale Land, location is Infinite Forest.
    Knit-picky details!
    Basically if your location is on that map, it's in Fairy Tale land. Otherwise you may choose to make a new world or add a location to the map.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Hello :3 Are you still looking for players? And if so, I was wondering if it were possible to play an animal. A few of the accepted RPers have based characters on fairytale animals, but have made them human. I was wondering if I could play as a fairytale animal myself, but keep them in animal form.

Years
  • Hello :3 Are you still looking for players? And if so, I was wondering if it were possible to play an animal. A few of the accepted RPers have based characters on fairytale animals, but have made them human. I was wondering if I could play as a fairytale animal myself, but keep them in animal form.

Well, it would depend on the animal. Domesticated animals would most likely be fine, but for other animals it would depend on how you designed their character. I guess it would be okay, but I'd have to see your SU, or at least the idea, first before I make a decision.

Years
  • I think I will reserve a spot if I can. I'll have an SU up either tonight or some time tomorrow.

Alexi Liu

24 // The Mechanical Nightingale // Male

Appearance: Alexi has Chinese ancestry, although a few generations of marrying with other ethnicities has left him losing most of the most notable traits typical of other Asians. He has a naturally darker skin, making it look like he always has a nice tan, despite never really working for it. His eyes are slightly more Asian looking than most American, but only slightly, and you probably wouldn't notice it if you were not looking for it.

He has short black hair which he cuts regularly (he hates long hair and thinks it's annoying), and is always cleanly shaved. He has a slightly smaller build, standing at about five foot six inches, and relatively skinny. Despite having a slight build he is fairly muscular, mostly from working on odd jobs around the town. He has pretty rough and calloused hands, a result of both a lifetime playing guitar as well as working physical jobs. He never really wears anything fancy, preferring jeans and a t-shirt most of the time, especially when working. When he performs however, he usually wears jeans with some sort of button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, trying to look a little fancier.

Personality: Alexi is a discouraged singer with a beautiful voice, yet lacks originality. He is well known in the town for performing at the bar or events, usually performing covers of various popular songs, typically making them accoustic versions that he plays on his guitar. Unfortunately, as is the case with most small time performers, he always is hurting for money. He holds a job as a cashier at the local gas station, although that never seems to bring in enough money. As such, Alexi is constantly searching for side jobs that he can get some extra money for when not working his full time job.

From working so often, he usually appears tired and somewhat sluggish. Apart from singing, he is usually somewhat introverted, although he enjoys being around people, he just doesn't talk as much. He cares deeply for his town and the other people of the town, and often goes out of his way to help others, even when he doesn't get anything in return for it.

Powers: None

Fairy-Tale

Name: The Mechanical Nightingale
    Story they are from: The Nightingale by Hans Anderson
    Origin World: Fairy Tale China…?

Explanation of Fairy Tale: Figured I would give a short synopsis, not really a well known story.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I will reserve a spot if I can. I'll have an SU up either tonight or some time tomorrow.

Name: Alexi Liu

Appearance: Alexi has Chinese ancestry, although a few generations of marrying with other ethnicities has left him losing most of the most notable traits typical of other Asians. He has a naturally darker skin, making it look like he always has a nice tan, despite never really working for it. His eyes are slightly more Asian looking than most American, but only slightly, and you probably wouldn't notice it if you were not looking for it.

He has short black hair which he cuts regularly (he hates long hair and thinks it's annoying), and is always cleanly shaved. He has a slightly smaller build, standing at about five foot six inches, and relatively skinny. Despite having a slight build he is fairly muscular, mostly from working on odd jobs around the town. He has pretty rough and calloused hands, a result of both a lifetime playing guitar as well as working physical jobs. He never really wears anything fancy, preferring jeans and a t-shirt most of the time, especially when working. When he performs however, he usually wears jeans with some sort of button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, trying to look a little fancier.

Personality: Alexi is a discouraged singer with a beautiful voice, yet lacks originality. He is well known in the town for performing at the bar or events, usually performing covers of various popular songs, typically making them accoustic versions that he plays on his guitar. Unfortunately, as is the case with most small time performers, he always is hurting for money. He holds a job as a cashier at the local gas station, although that never seems to bring in enough money. As such, Alexi is constantly searching for side jobs that he can get some extra money for when not working his full time job.

From working so often, he usually appears tired and somewhat sluggish. Apart from singing, he is usually somewhat introverted, although he enjoys being around people, he just doesn't talk as much. He cares deeply for his town and the other people of the town, and often goes out of his way to help others, even when he doesn't get anything in return for it.

Powers: None

Fairy-Tale

Name: The Mechanical Nightingale
    Story they are from: The Nightingale by Hans Anderson
    Origin World: Fairy Tale China…?

Explanation of Fairy Tale: Figured I would give a short synopsis, not really a well known story.

Spoiler:

CSS to prettify things later.

Oooh interesting! Accepted. I really like that story, although I'd never heard of it before. I'm looking forward to getting this started. I might start the IC thread next week, although it might be sooner or later depending on how busy I am.

Years

• Storybrooke

Name: Pete Brier
    Appearance:

Personality: Pete is a bit outgoing, as most children are. He's a little perfectionist, refusing to leave anything unfinished or put in any less than his best effort. He always does the right thing, almost like it's impossible for him to be anything less than perfect. He loves stories, and goofing off as well as talking and making new friends. He gets a little crazy at times, but that's normal for a kid his age. While he acts crazy and fun around everyone, in reality he is quite mature, he just prefers to act like a child.
    Powers: Eternal youth, as long as he possesses a heart as pure as gold

Fairy-Tale

Name: Peter Pan
    Story they are from: Peter Pan
    Origin World: Originally from the Eternal Forest(Misthaven) then moved to Neverland

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • Do we have a "requirement" for our opening posts or are we free to post anything at all?

Back