• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One anime series you never seem to get sick of?

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
  • Dragonball.. XD Well.. it's only been a few weeks XD
    It's just that I usually don't stick to watching anime online, like I can't stand it or something. :o

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • To be honest, there has never been an anime I could sit through twice. I like a lot of anime, but I just can't sit still that long.
    If I had to choose anyway? Needless. It's so ridiculous it's awesome, and it seemed like I never got tired of watching it.

Years
  • Geass. Awesome, theatrical, and OOOOOVEEEER THEEEE TOOOOOOP BRRREEEEEETAAAAANIAAAAAAAAA!

because geass ( R1 and R2) is a masterpiece of an anime. :)

Full metal alchemist. i can watch every episode multiple times and still get the same awesome feeling every time. :) i nearly cried after i read the last manga chapter of brother hood. i can watch that version over and over again too

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Elfen Lied has to be my favourite so far. Seen it a couple of times and it still amazing, shame it's only 13 episodes and they didn't go into a little more depth but still the best Anime I have ever seen

Death Note was good at the beginning but tailed off towards the end, perhaps they didn't need 37 episodes. Light was crazy.

I have a few Blood+ DVDs that i'm yet to watch but from what i've heard positive things. Also Paranoia Agent waiting to be watched.

Oh and of course can't forget the Misty era in Pokemon.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, there's A LOT of anime series I get sick of overtime or instantly. I find it hard to re-watch a series. The series I never get sick of are Dragon Ball, Pokémon and Hajime no Ippo.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Dragon Balls, Elfen Lied, Naruto, Pokémon, Digimon and there's much more. I'm too lazy! D:

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I never seem to get sick of AIR TV. It has such a beautiful story line. I must have watched it at least 10 times now. The fact that it only has I think around 13 episodes probably is a contributing factor as to why I like it so much. I can never continue watching extremely long series such as BLEACH (although I do love it.. it's just I am definitely not up to date!) or Naruto.

I also really like Fullmetal Alchemist, and I believe I've watched the series around 3 times.
    It helps that I have all my favourite anime on DVD.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Dragonball I could never grow old of watching them.I remember once staying up 5 days no sleep watching Dragonball,dragonball z & Dragonball Gt online.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Dragonball Z. Other than that, there's a lot I like a lot, including Dragonball, Dragonball T|GT, Death Note, etc., but none really compel me to watch them besides the first time, and after that its just every once in a while.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • because geass ( R1 and R2) is a masterpiece of an anime. :)
    It wasn't a masterpiece. It may have been interesting and rather entertaining, but calling Code Geass a masterpiece is like calling American Idol a work of art. There's a large difference between entertaining and masterpiece, and calling it such is an insult to the truly great ones, issues of taste aside. Calling it a "masterpiece" implies that is among the best anime ever created, and that's giving it far more credit than it deserves. Even if we only look at mystery, action, sci-fi, drama, or mecha anime, there are still dozens of better choices.

I don't get bothered if people say they think something is "good" or that they enjoyed something, because that's an issue of taste. However, when you start throwing the word "masterpiece" around, you're going beyond the realm of personal enjoyment and into the realm of critical discussion, and Code Geass doesn't stand up well in that department, especially compared to other series.

Here's a guide to some of the more popular series. I recommend watching many of the series in the "mystery," "action," "drama," "mecha," and "sci-fi" genres before making such claims.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    It wasn't a masterpiece. It may have been interesting and rather entertaining, but calling Code Geass a masterpiece is like calling American Idol a work of art. There's a large difference between entertaining and masterpiece, and calling it such is an insult to the truly great ones, issues of taste aside. Calling it a "masterpiece" implies that is among the best anime ever created, and that's giving it far more credit than it deserves. Even if we only look at mystery, action, sci-fi, drama, or mecha anime, there are still dozens of better choices.

I don't get bothered if people say they think something is "good" or that they enjoyed something, because that's an issue of taste. However, when you start throwing the word "masterpiece" around, you're going beyond the realm of personal enjoyment and into the realm of critical discussion, and Code Geass doesn't stand up well in that department, especially compared to other series.

Here's a guide to some of the more popular series. I recommend watching many of the series in the "mystery," "action," "drama," "mecha," and "sci-fi" genres before making such claims.
    Spoiler:

Thats a bit rude. A person has their opinion, and as long as that opinion fits their definition of what defines a masterpiece. You may disagree, but you don't have go all out on why someone's wrong. Maybe they're right and you happen to be wrong.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Thats a bit rude. A person has their opinion, and as long as that opinion fits their definition of what defines a masterpiece. You may disagree, but you don't have go all out on why someone's wrong. Maybe they're right and you happen to be wrong.
    This happens any time this issue is brought up, and I'll respond the way I always do. It's not rude to disagree, and it's certainly not rude to back up your opinion with logical arguments. The thread was about favorites, though, not what is or is not the best of the best. I'd be happy to discuss this in more detail in a private message.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    This happens any time this issue is brought up, and I'll respond the way I always do. It's not rude to disagree, and it's certainly not rude to back up your opinion with logical arguments. The thread was about favorites, though, not what is or is not the best of the best. I'd be happy to discuss this in more detail in a private message.

Well, I'm not really saying your post was a bit rude because you disagreed, but just how you presented your disagreement. But sure, I'll PM.

Coukie

It's only faint
    Years
  • Oh man, definitely Ouran High School Host Club. For some reason I never tire of that show and the characters' humorous antics.

Back