• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga OP/ED

Years
  • This has come up a lot in the lucky dip so I thought I'd make a thread for it. Are there any anime OPs or EDs that you particularly like or dislike?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    My favorite opening of all time is Gintama's 13th: Sakura Mitsutsuki by Spyair. Others I'm particularly fond of are Brave Shine (2nd OP of Fate/UBW), Period (OP4 of FMAB) and Complication (2nd OP of Durarara!!).
    Openings I pretty much always skipped were Death Note's 2nd and Fate/SN's 2nd, but aside from those 2 I didn't really come across any openings I outright hated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i like the OP/ED of about 60% of what I watch since I watch mostly the common animes haha. my favorites would be the bnha op's and that kaguya-sama op (heavenly btw). and the aot season 2 ed is both creepy and relaxing

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I usually watch them, and then I'll start liking them after I get a few episodes in, and then I'll get hooked, and the next time I load up the show I can sing the entire theme song....

That's what recently happened to me with Kimetsu no Yaiba's opening theme.

Sometimes I don't care for the OP/ED songs, but that's kinda rare if they're anything remotely catchy to me.

Years
  • I can't think of any OPs or EDs I particularly dislike, but I have to admit that, generally speaking, EDs rarely stand out to me as much as OPs do. Among those OPs my personal favourites are Higurashi's first OP, Erased's, Angel Beats', Elfen Lied's and Serial Experiments Lain's.

The only ED really sticking with me is Black Lagoons, the show I RNGd for the second round of Lucky Dip. It's really eerie.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Every single durarara OP is good. ED, too. Also, whenever I hear the Ensemble Stars OP I try to copy the Japanese, lmfao. That should tell you how much I like it, I guess.

I also REALLY, really like the second Op for Banana Fish, to the point I literally tried to decipher what the song was about. Yes, I did that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    every Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP was great.

the Monogatari series probably has the best OPs.

I've never really payed attention to any ending tho - I'm usually trying to get to the next episode as fast as possible!

Years
  • every Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP was great.

the Monogatari series probably has the best OPs.

I've never really payed attention to any ending tho - I'm usually trying to get to the next episode as fast as possible!

I can't believe I forgot Again from fmab! Good call.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    With You from Inuyasha: The Final Act is one of my favorite Ending themes. My favorite Opening theme from any anime is probably Rewrite from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Years
    .FMA op4; ed1,2,4.
    .FMA brotherhood op1,3,5; ed1,2,4,5.
    .Erased Ed1.
    .Neon Genesis Evangelion Op,Ed.
    . Cowboy Bebop op,Ed.
    .Noragami op1,2; Ed1,2
    .Inuyasha Op6,7; Ed 1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11.
    .Law of Ueki Op1,2; Ed1,2,3,4.

Dislikes:-
    .Death note op2.
    . Another op.
    Can't remember any.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

- To The Beginning from Fate/Zero. Probably my favourite OP.
    - Akatsuki, the second Yona of the Dawn ED. Akiko Shikata is my favourite Japanese artist, so yeah. I love this. It's on several of my playlists.
    - Dimension tripper!!!! and Neptune☆Sagashite, the OP and ED of Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation. I love this show so much, and these songs are great.
    - La♪La♪La♪SUITE PRECURE♪ ...yes, really.
    - Kibou Rainbow, Suite Precure's ED. Yup.
    - Morning Grace, Princess Tutu's OP. This is lovely.
    - Rinbu Revolution, Utena's OP. This is awesome.
    - Heartcatch☆Paradise!, HeartCatch Precure's second ED. I HATE HeartCatch, but I love the vibe this EP has. I actually want to dance. This is a good ED. Even if it's for the worst Precure season.
    - All of Rozen Maiden's OPs and EDs. ALI PROJEEEEECCCCCTTT.
    - Yuukyou Seishunka and Waga Routashi Aku no Hana, Code Geass' Ali Project EDs.
    - Kyoumu Densen, Another's OP. It's an Ali Project song.
    - All of the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OPs, but especially Ringo Mogire Beam! and Kuusou Rumba. The animation for those is also utterly messed up and I love it.
    - Predictable popular weeb choice, but I like the first two AoT openings.
    - All the Gundam Build Fighters and Try OPs. Those are so uplifting.
    - Kindan no Resistance, Cross Ange's first OP. Good song.
    - Shuumatsu no Love Song, Cross Ange's second ED. Also a good song.
    - Dub Sailor Moon OP. Everyone knows this one, right?
    - Dub Cardcaptors OP. Also self explanatory. Rainwindshadowwoodswordthunderpowersleep.
    - Eiyuu Unmei no Uta, Fate/Apocrypha's first OP, is one I have a weird love/hate relationship with, in that I hate the version used in the show, but I quite like the full song.
    - Kaze no Uta, the OP to Tales of Zestiria the X...fuck this show. But damn, this song is great.
    - Hikaru Nara, Your Lie in April's first OP. I think most people like this one...and I think most people hate the second OP too. I know I do >.>
    - History Maker, Yuri on Ice's OP.
    - All the good Pokemon dub OPs...by which I mean the original, Orange League, Johto Journeys, We Will Be Heroes, and Battle Cry.
    - Orphans no Namida, the first ED of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans.
    - Küsö Mesorogiwi, even though I haven't watched Mirai Nikki. I probably should, because this is a pretty great OP.
    - Shining Star, Star Driver's second OP. The first was AWFUL, but I love this one.
    - Tobe! Gundam. This is great.

Honestly I usually skip OPs because the songs grate on my ears. Despite my love for Kalafina I hate Madoka's OP and EDs, because it's Madoka. I DO like Kimi No Gin No Niwa, the ED to Rebellion, though. That was a pretty nice song. But Connect and Magia are easily my most hated OP and ED respectively. But as one non-Madoka example that I hate, Kaidoku Funo, the second Code Geass OP. That has the WORST vocals I have ever heard in an OP. Ever. I'm not too fond of Daybreak's Bell, the first Gundam 00 OP, either. Also, the second Death Note OP is overrated. Just saying.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention this gem. I love the lyrics for this. GET CRAZY WAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    mmm from the top of my head:

- Many of the Inazuma Eleven OPs are very catchy. Ryuusei Boi and the ED after that are probably two of my favorite endings too because they're two endings that have actually stuck with me.
    - Again from FMAB
    - Closer from Naruto: Shippuden
    - Time after Time - The ending to the seventh Detective Conan Movie Also PUZZLE and just most songs by Mai Kuraki tbh
    - Although I disliked the Shaman King anime the two OPs for it are part of my top favorites too.

The Tales of Symphonia OVA Endings that are sung by Akika Shikata are some of my absolute favorite endings because she is phenominal and can totally see why she's Dawn's favorite artist.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hey so anime ops and eds are kinda my thing. Let's get crackin. Gonna limit myself to like 5 tho or else I'll be here forever <.<

Leeeet's start with disappointments!

-Steins;Gate's Hacking to the Gate's gotta the biggest one that comes to mind. I've kinda talked about this before but it's one of those openings that's catchy but doesn't really have much to do with what the show's about and that really holds it back. Literally wrote about this at length. It feels like a visual novel opening but to be fair even Skyclad and A.R. did a better job than the anime did.
    -I can't remember any others rn so uhhhhmovinoooon

Notables
    -Venus to Jesus from Arakawa Under the Bridge, this opening is catchy, it's shafty, and it's 100% Arakawa. It's cute, romantic, and a pretty solid hook for the show proper.
    -Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone OP 1 does something that I absolutely fucking love in openings, and that's when they interact with other openings or play on something that was shown before. This particular opening continues where the last opening ended, immediately showing everything that was worked for disappearing before the protagonist's eyes. The season itself isn't that great but I absolutely fucking love this type of shit that they really don't have to go out of their way for in a kids show.
    -Subete ga F/The Perfect Insider's Talking because are you fucking kidding me. The song is catchy and memorable as hell and visually it's delicious as hell. The show's pretty divisive but I'd recommend this op to anyone.
    - WATCH CAROLE AND TUESDAY
    -Wotakoi's op. A-1 did this one and apart from being catchy, it's got this really eyecatching section that makes it incredibly memorable. In reality tho the whole thing is good, just a good time.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Some of my picks:

-Both openings from Fate/Apocrypha are really good and I loved both of them. Have them both on my music playlists to this day because they're great to listen to when I'm writing. I prefer the first opening to the second, but they're both upstanding intros.
    -Fate/Zero and SN and UBW all had one or two decent intros as well, but overall those series had better songs in the shows rather than the intros or endings being strong themselves.
    -Blood Battle Blockade's intro was pretty good, but it's ending is top notch. Fun, easy to bounce to the beat, and has been the subject of a few memes here and there.
    -Seven Deadly Sins' intros have all been really catchy, but the first one I think I like the most. It's really hard with that series though because both the first and second intros are unique but also catchy and fun and instill me with a feeling of hype and adventure.
    -Attack on Titan's first and third intros both slap and I actually have to be careful to not let them play when I'm driving because I'll get to hype and start speeding. It and the Initial D soundtrack are trouble makers for this reason.
    -Blue Exorcist's intros were all pretty good, but the third one was a nice change of tone from the previous, and even if it's not all the memorable, it's still a decent rock song to listen to.
    -Finally, I actually really liked Sword Art Online's original intro. Couldn't tell you why but I remember listening to it on loop for hours back in high school/

Back