• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinion on Mathematics?

What is your opinion on mathematics?

• Love it.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Meh, couldn't care less either way.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Other. (Please specify in post)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Math is so easy for me. I loved it. It's the only subject that i love throughout my school and B.Tech life.
    If i got to decide the subjects, i'd definitely replace all subjects with Math.
    I used to teach my friends too before the exams. Loved that time.

Years
  • I loved math up until college. Multivariate calculus was the math wall that I just couldn't get over. I was really lucky to get a B!
    And now, statistics is the math that I most commonly use, and I hate that with a burning passion!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Did someone say Math?! I love math and sometimes scorn it because I usually do/don't like converting a measurement to a specific measurement, like converting mph to kph. I used to be a math wizard at mathematics and used to be scoring high grades. The best reward I have was a mathematics trophy under the Honor roll back in my middle school days. Progressing through highschool, I used to love trigonometry, and my favorite of all equations to solve was simply fractions (which was my biggest obstacle when I was a child). Not to brag or anything, but I can literally continue to multiply 2 until I reach the 27th power in my head (which is 134,217,728).

Moreover, you know the number 3? Let's say you want to divide a number by 3 and see whether or not it turns into a decimal number (1.6666- if you divide 5 from 3) or a natural number (1,2,3, etc.). Basically, you're trying to figure out if the number you're dividing by 3 is both divisible by it and it only turns into a natural number. For instance, like this number: 34,692,222. If you add up all of the digits together one by one and it adds up to a multiple of 3, therefore it will be divisible by 3. 3 + 4 + 6 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 30. This confirms that 34,692,222 can be divided by 3 as a natural number, which is 11,564,074.

Years
  • Opinion on Mathematics?

I. HATE. MATH!

As far as I can remember I had trouble focusing in my math classes, and felt frustrated doing the homework. It's just hard for some peolple to remember all the rules, and making patterns with numbers was just not something i find interesting or rewarding. I have always just thought it was really boring.

While I never had the makings of any statistician, things only went downhill with math, because I moved around the country quite a bit as a kid, and that meant the schools and curriculums changed repeatedly with my location, and it created gaps in my education, and math was the area where the holes were the most serious.

I might go to a new school in the middle of term, and my classmates would have learned things already that the school system i was in previously hadn't taught yet, so I was frequently behind, and didn't have the patience to try to catch up, and honestly embarrassed about how lost I was, and didn't want anyone to know and pity me or laugh and bully me for it, because kids do.

Math classes became events that induced such anxiety and dread that I would fake sickness and do everything to get out of the classes, and when I was there I would try to be invisible, counting the seconds until the bell rang, praying that I was never called on to amswer a question and make the walk of shame to the white/black board and not know what to say or do. I just would rather take the F I would get on the test in silence and just be left alone.

Years
  • As a kid, I hated it.. even though I wasn't bad at it.

As an adult I love it because I've grown an appreciation for it and I enjoyed taking math courses in college. I kind of see it like playing a game where you have to learn the rules/controls and use logic to break down and solve problems. It also challenges and sharpens your mind and teaches you discipline. So in short I really love math now! ♥

Years
  • I've always seen math as something you just have to buckle down and power through, although my thoughts are fairly dependent on the exact type of math. I find geometry fascinating while goddamn systems of equations can die in a hole.

Back