• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Wow, I am so excited for this. Can't wait to travel trough Hoenn again. I must say, when it comes to 3rd generation, I enjoyed Emerald much more than R/S, but I know a remake of that isn't coming, so all I can hope is that some Emerald features will be in these games.

In HGSS, they did follow Crystal's Suicune part, so I wouldn't be surprised if both of them had Rayquaza as a battle mediator.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • OMG I'm so excited!! :D Amazing, the news is finally here! ^_^
    Can't wait to start this brand new 3DS adventure (eventhough they are remakes it's still a new and very welcome game in the franchise)!

I remember when Ruby and Sapphire came out after the G/S/C games, it was a whole new experience to most of us because the graphics became better and another region and Pokemon ofcourse! I loved the Hoenn region, I think the towns and other places were great! I really wonder what these new games will bring, maybe it's a remake but it also could be a new story! Notice the different patterns on Groudon and Kyogre, maybe more mega-evolutions will be revealed (it could be possible) and what will be de design of the characters? :3

I think I will go with either Mudkip or Torchic, I like them both! <3 ;) Still have some time to think about that :3

Amazing that these games will also be released worldwide somewhere in November 2014!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    When does CoroCoro get issued? The next copy should have juicy details about the next titles.

Around the 15th of every month, I believe, with leaks circulating around the 11th. Keep in mind that at most, we'll most likely only receive basic information.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    No body has been talking about Scott the glasses guy and what about my Wally lol.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • So, Satoru Iwata confirmed the games are full remakes of the R&S games

*yeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!*

This this this! I was gunna post that news here just now xD

I'm really glad. That's what I personally wanted from the beginning >w<
    I didn't want a sequel. Not yet anyways. implying my opinion matters.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    me and my friend have made a video on speculation on the remakes! super excited for this game! i want a mega wailord!!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • And I won't. Your point?

My point?

GameFreak won't care if you the minority of peoples are going to hate this and not buy it, because well, a majority of us are going to.

Hahah. Joke. Can't see the point of your replies and all the hates here when you're asking for mine.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
  • I don't know why I'm being so anal about them. It's just that Game Freak's "mega evolution-needing radar" never seems to hit the right targets. (Did Garchomp need a mega evolution?)

Also, I agree about GF taking a risk. If they don't nail this, it could be a disaster.

Eh, I agree with you on the fact that Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Delibird, and Cofagrigus (http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/226/8/c/mega_cofagrigus_by_pokeluka-d6hsevu.png wow)

should get megas instead of Charizard, Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Garchomp.

On another subject, they did a horrible job on mega Banette. How about this?: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/315/a/e/mega_banette__fan_made__by_dragonith-d6k3koy.png

Yesyesyesyes

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I wish EVERY Pokemon could Mega Evolve. Having only a few means that people are now picking favourites. Have you SEEN the metagame now? Megas on EVERYONE'S teams. The same 12 or whatever Pokemon are being used now. They just need to give every Pokemon a Mega form, powerful or not. It's not like it would be Megas everywhere too much because you're only allowed one. I truly think they should do that.

If the rumours are true, I'm looking forward to Mega Plusle and Mega Minun. It'll be nice for cute Pokemon lovers like me to be able to use cute Pokemon in battles without getting creamed in five seconds. Much better than having already powerful Pokemon being turned even MORE powerful.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • I know I've put my thoughts of the remakes somewhere in this thread a couple pages ago, but I like posting fun facts from time to time.

So it's been one day since the video announcement of ORAS. Currently the video has 1.5m views, 33,544 likes and only 361 dislikes (98.94% likes)

The first video announcement of XY has been out since Jan. 2013 with 4.2m views, 26,710 likes and 1,071 dislikes (96.14% likes)

Statistically, it seems that a lot more people have been wanting an RS remake than a newer generation. I'm glad GameFreak finally decided to go along with this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It certainly took a long time but at least they waited for a new console to do them in rather than making them on the DS. I hope that they look great...I feel we won't get much info until the E3 (of course I said something similar during XY and we got some info earlier so maybe we'll get something?)

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • You have a valid point. But I've seen people criticising remakes (not Pokémon remakes) for offering little aside from shiny graphics. Star Fox 64 3D, namely, because the only new thing the game brought aside from better graphics were the gyro controls nobody used because they're so complicated.

I mean, if you want to play through the game again, why not just get yourself VBA and a rom and play with that. Better yet, use an emulator for a mobile platform. Graphics shouldn't be THAT much of a concern.

On the other hand, the GBA games were the last ones to come with battery-powered saves, and these run out after a while, so anyone who plays a GBA Pokémon game won't experience the full features of the game (the saves remain but no clock-based events occur), so you can't plant berries for example.

I'm waiting to see what GF comes up with regarding these remakes, since they always add something. I didn't like the additions to Kanto in FRLG, however, since they felt tacked on in retrospect. Contrary to that, I welcomed the changes to Johto and new Kanto in HGSS because they turned the games into what they should've been if they didn't have constraints back in 1999.

I didn't want these remakes because I didn't think how they could advance the series further but, now that we have them, let's see what's in store for us. Which is why, if I get them, I won't get them on release date.

I think the biggest appeal is that we're going to play through Hoenn with the updated mechanics of 6th gen, but usually GF wastes that potential by not updating the trainers' rosters, so I'm expecting to fight Glacia's two Glalies and Sealeos again. :P

If anything, it opens the door for further remakes, even though I don't think it's necessary to remake Sinnoh (and I loved Sinnoh) and Unova.

I'm all fair for criticism of the remake, I seen valid ones like how the remakes will have similar roster like FRLG and HGSS which is fair because it'll be nice to see Hoenn with Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos pokemon. My post is more about poster just posting for the sake of saying "this remake is useless" or "this remake is unnecessary" without valid criticism just to hate for the sake of hating.

For your bolded point, not everyone probably condone piracy, you can't just tell someone who only played a few pokemon games and say "Hey you, just used emulator to play Pokemon games". And yes, for me graphics was the reason I bought FRLG/HGSS, they might be a flawed remaked but for nostalgia reason it felt nice to visit Kanto/Johto again.

I think it's part of tradition of GF to remake games once they hit a decade or so. At first, most people thought remake was just to transfer or catch pokemons for the pokedex, but I never saw it that way. I saw it more as Gamefreak playing to their fans nostalgia + cash grab. HGSS gave us some neat feature(even though the main problem was never fixed) like the whole Pokemon following you, safari zone finally making an appearance in Johto and etc.

Hoenn will probably more of the same with brand new features. The biggest thing I want for Hoenn remake is to bring back "hard mode" of BW2 (extra pokemons for everyone). Also unless they change it, this is the first time since gen 4 that E4 will not be challenge in any order.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    GameFreak won't care if you the minority of peoples are going to hate this and not buy it, because well, a majority of us are going to.

So what? Did I ever say that you, or anyone else, shouldn't buy it? Where did I ever question what GameFreak cares about?

Can't see the point of your replies and all the hates here when you're asking for mine.

I'm sharing my opinion about these remakes, which was what the OP was asking (before the thread was merged). You were the one questioning my opinion, as if any reply other than gushing was forbidden...

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I really hope more information is released soon. I don't want everything spoiled but I need SOMETHING (as most people, probably). We have the most bare boned information right now as it can get.

These next 6 months are going to be torture. >_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back