• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    I really hope more information is released soon. I don't want everything spoiled but I need SOMETHING (as most people, probably). We have the most bare boned information right now as it can get.

These next 6 months are going to be torture. >_<

Yes! We do need a little more. At least it is only 6 months, though!

Does anyone else feel like the trailer was misleading? When I saw it I surely believed there'd be a new region or story or something, but it's only a remake. I'm not disappointed that it's a remake, just a little confused why'd they announce it like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I'm sorry but that was not Kyogre. I think it's a new form. It's about time that the best games in the series(my honest opion) get remakes.
    Mega Mettagross and Mega sap sipper swampert anyone?

Guys. What if it's a remake. But the add in a new region as post game

Last edited by a moderator:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    You guys have no idea how happy it am that this is coming out! Sure, it comes out in November, but it will be worth the wait.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Yes! We do need a little more. At least it is only 6 months, though!

Does anyone else feel like the trailer was misleading? When I saw it I surely believed there'd be a new region or story or something, but it's only a remake. I'm not disappointed that it's a remake, just a little confused why'd they announce it like that.
    Well, we don't know yet. People are just pretty sure it's a remake, it could be a sequel with a whole new slew of things, including region.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, we don't know yet. People are just pretty sure it's a remake, it could be a sequel with a whole new slew of things, including region.

It's been confirmed by the Nintendo official site (JP), check out Serebii they have cleared up the misconception of it being a sequel by posting about it on their news.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The news will start flowing soon, I'm pretty sure we will get a showcase this weekend or next with Pokemon Smash. CoroCoro should also be leaking soon around 11th-ish? I'm sure they will give us something news worthy.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It's been confirmed by the Nintendo official site (JP), check out Serebii they have cleared up the misconception of it being a sequel by posting about it on their news.
    Then it was definitely promoted awkwardly. Introducing it as a whole new region with a new adventure is confusing everyone. :I Hopefully Smash clears things up. Either that or CC

Years
  • The news will start flowing soon, I'm pretty sure we will get a showcase this weekend or next with Pokemon Smash. CoroCoro should also be leaking soon around 11th-ish? I'm sure they will give us something news worthy.

I'm sure they'll behind, so Corocoro will be the one revealing any important info like always. I do wonder why they decided to announce it the way they did... Oh well hopefully their E3 stream will have a bulk of info next month for us to discuss.

@ Antemortem It's not the first time...they've done so with formes and Megas too. However the adventure thing is off...but all well.

Years
  • Now that I think about it what if the reason they called it a "new adventure" is because Hoenn looks far larger than the originals with taller buildings making it's cities and towns as well as it's other environments to look like the ones in XY.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • For people still unsure if it's a remake or a squeal, I posted this back in page 26:
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508/index.html
    The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, "Pokémon Omega Ruby" and "Pokémon Alpha Sapphire" will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance "Pokémon Ruby" and "Pokémon Sapphire" games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide.

And for poster confused about why they advertise it as a whole "new adventure", it was discuss a bit in NeoGaf and particularly because of this quote:
    Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

The game is being pushed for the newer pokemon fans who never experienced Hoenn region. To them, it'll be a whole new adventure.

Years
  • For people still unsure if it's a remake or a squeal, I posted this back in page 26:
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508/index.html

And for poster confused about why they advertise it as a whole "new adventure", it was discuss a bit in NeoGaf and particularly because of this quote:

The game is being pushed for the newer pokemon fans who never experienced Hoenn region. To them, it'll be a whole new adventure.
    Right, just like how I never experienced Kanto until it's remakes, and Johto (fully) too when their's came out. However both sets were marketed to us as a "revisit" so it's odd. I of course am one who thinks they're remakes (even before confirmation), but the wording is still quite deceiving.

WildEagle

Years
  • Right, just like how I never experienced Kanto until it's remakes, and Johto (fully) too when their's came out. However both sets were marketed to us as a "revisit" so it's odd. I of course am one who thinks they're remakes (even before confirmation), but the wording is still quite deceiving.

Yeah it did it feel weird seeing the trailer but then the quote came out later on so whatever said in the trailer made more sense.

Years
  • Hoenn is now 3D which means all of the regions have now officially been graphically updated. n_n

I think these sets of remakes will see the most dramatic shift in Graphics compared to the originals. They have to make the towns look bigger to match XY's style. I look forward to seeing a perhaps larger Hoenn.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think these sets of remakes will see the most dramatic shift in Graphics compared to the originals. They have to make the towns look bigger to match XY's style. I look forward to seeing a perhaps larger Hoenn.

I thought that too, having these remakes in the fifth generation would have been too similar in terms of graphics and scale. That's what happened with GSC/HGSS, don't get me wrong I loved HGSS but the graphics didn't have that much of a dramatical shift, atleast this time around it's almost like a complete overhaul.

WildEagle

Years
  • Right, just like how I never experienced Kanto until it's remakes, and Johto (fully) too when their's came out. However both sets were marketed to us as a "revisit" so it's odd. I of course am one who thinks they're remakes (even before confirmation), but the wording is still quite deceiving.

Actually now that I search for the first English trailer of HGSS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3zpC6Zfqh8

"A NEW ADVENTURE BEGINS"

Imo it's just a way for nintendo to cater to new fans. As fans who played the games before knows how the region is going to be unlike fans who will enter the series on that particular remake.

Years
  • I thought that too, having these remakes in the fifth generation would have been too similar in terms of graphics and scale. That's what happened with GSC/HGSS, don't get me wrong I loved HGSS but the graphics didn't have that much of a dramatical shift, atleast this time around it's almost like a complete overhaul.

I played part of Silver and it was different from HeartGold SoulSilver imo. However not as much as the change between 3 and 6, of course it may be due to it being 3 generations after rather than two...but then again it's only been two systems since.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I played part of Silver and it was different from HeartGold SoulSilver imo. However not as much as the change between 3 and 6, of course it may be due to it being 3 generations after rather than two...but then again it's only been two systems since.
    I think it's only been GBA -> DS in the case of the former, too, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back